From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, May 08, 2006 3:54 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3235

1. Re: Outer door seal adhesive?
From: "Randal" azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com

2. Re: Outer door seal adhesive?
From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

3. Problem With Eibach Lowering Springs
From: "Jeremy" thesmokingman_at_dml_comcast.net

4. Re: steering wheel shakes when braking
From: "Randal" azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com

5. Flushing Cooling System Questions?
From: "mike p" cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com

Message 1
From: "Randal" azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com
Date: Mon May 8, 2006 6:57am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Outer door seal adhesive?

Dan -

I am puzzled by your frustrations with the 3M (08008) super weather strip adhesive as it is what is used in the factory and aftermarket applications.. as with all adhesives the prep work is the key.
Please contact me off line and lest fins a solution to this

Thanks

Randal (the 3M guy)
5501 www.az-d.org

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Daniel" <dmcburn75_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what adhesive to
> use for the outer door seals? I've had experience with 3M
weatherstrip
> adhesive and was not satisfied. Thanks all.
>
> -Dan

Message 2
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Mon May 8, 2006 6:58am(PDT)

Hi Dan

This is one of those black-art things, isn't it? :-) We use a good polyurethane bondant. Ours is made by Wurth and called "Bond and Seal"
and once you start using this stuff, you find all manner of other jobs it works on. It's the same stuff as Sikaflex and Tiger Seal. I believe Wurth is a large automotive supplier in the US too, is that correct?

Martin

Daniel wrote:

>Could anyone point me in the right direction as to what adhesive to use
>for the outer door seals? I've had experience with 3M weatherstrip
>adhesive and was not satisfied. Thanks all.
>
>-Dan

Message 3
    From: "Jeremy" thesmokingman_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Mon May 8, 2006 6:58am(PDT)
Subject: Problem With Eibach Lowering Springs

Hey all. Just got the Eibach lowering springs installed on the D. Car seems to handle quite a bit better now and it feels much more stable on the road. My one concern is that the car appears to be nearly an inch lower in the front on one side. There is also a slight difference in the rear height. The springs have been on for over a month of driving so I don't think it's a matter of them settling in. Is there an adjustment I can make so the car sits more evenly all around?

-Jeremy Delaney

Message 4
    From: "Randal" azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Mon May 8, 2006 7:00am(PDT)
Subject: Re: steering wheel shakes when braking

This is good advise as I had the same scenario with a stuck caliper on 5501... chose to replace the entire system (rotors, lines, master,
calipers) now smooth as silk,,, but you may not need to go as far as I did.  Jack up your car and spin the wheels 1 by 1 you should be able to tell if this is the case

Randal (The 3M Guy)
5501  www.az-d.org

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> If it wasn't doing it before it was stored (a long time?), you
> probably have some brake pad stuck to the rotor. There is much
> research out there that will tell you rotors rarely warp.
Developing
> run-out or thick and thin issues and contamination from the brake pads
> is the most common. That's why turning them seems to help. You can
> take off the rotors and clean them with a rotor dress-up brush or have
> the machine shop do a dress up run on the rotors.

Message 5
    From: "mike p" cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Mon May 8, 2006 7:03am(PDT)
Subject: Flushing Cooling System Questions?

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Delorean cooling system can be properly
  flushed without removing the engine drain plugs?  Has anyone done  it and is it different than with the drain plugs removed?    My drain plugs are hopelessly frozen/rusted into the engine block, and  I don't think can be removed without possibly damaging the block  itself.

  Also, do you refill the cooling system through the expansion bottle, and how is
  the relief valve screw on the thermostat housing used to purge the air?

  Thanks!,