From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 2:56 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3237

1. Re: Outer door seal adhesive?
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

2. Re: How Long Should Interior Lamps Stay On For???
From: "Derek" derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net

3. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Steve Stankiewicz" protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com

4. New clutch line is awesome!
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

5. DCS fun facts and stats
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

7. Pics of my D since getting her back together...
From: "coreysmoo" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com

8. Re: MI Spring Meet I
From: "byrondelorean" celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com

9. Re: New clutch line is awesome!
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

10. Kind of Delorean reference in TLC commercial
From: "sweitzel_2000" sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com

11. Finding a DeLorean in Australia
From: "goportpower" goportpower_at_dml_yahoo.com

12. Re: Pics of my D since getting her back together...
From: "andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com" andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Matthew Cooley" WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com

Message 1
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
Date: Tue May 9, 2006 2:42pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Outer door seal adhesive?

Dan,

The best adhesive for rubber, vinyl, headliner edges, and etcetera is made by Winzer Corp. and is called RG100. It is a semi-clear adhesive that sets up in a few minutes and bonds firmly but is easily removable. A nice aspect of this product is that you can ball up and remove unwanted adhesive with your fingers after it has cured. Although 3M has perhaps the best over-all line of adhesives, among other things, readily available in the U.S. I donít know of a 3M adhesive with these properties. Perhaps Randal can correct me on this assumption?

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

    From: "Derek" derek.grozio_at_dml_verizon.net
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 2:43pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: How Long Should Interior Lamps Stay On For???

For everyone that has an issue with the dome lights...

First, take out the lamp delay module (the white relay in the relay
compartment). Does the problem still occur when both the lamps are
set to 'door' mode (only on when doors are open)? If so, its more
than likely a bad ground with one of the two dome lights. I had this
problem, and it turned out that the previous owner when changing a
bulb plugged the wires in wrong. This is how they should be hooked up:

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/courtsey-light.jpg

Check both of your lights. This solved my 'dim bulb, never off'
problem.

-Derek #10084

> > Hi all
> >
> > I was checking my interior lamps today as I never use them and
found that in delay mode

> > Alistair.
> > Vin: Pilot25
> > Belfast.

Message 3
    From: "Steve Stankiewicz" protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 2:43pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Hood Hinges

Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
hinges upside down?  It's on and closes, but the hood
sits about 1/2" higher than the fenders in the front.
I would assume I just need to adjust it, but I don't
remember there being that much room in the mounting
holes.  Anybody ever seen this?

Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Message 4
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 8:37pm(PDT)
Subject: New clutch line is awesome!

I finished up my car today before going to work so I could drive it.
It's a whole new car! I must have inadvertently plugged all my vacuum
leaks because the engine hunts less and has more power. My hot start
problem is gone and the car shifts like a dream. The new clutch line
is the best $119.00 I have spent. All of the weird shifting problems
have gone away. Another $350 spent...

Nathan

Message 5
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 8:38pm(PDT)
Subject: DCS fun facts and stats

Well I haven't done this in a while but here is an update of where we are  at
this point
We have 297 people registred so far.  This is about the same at this  point
in time for Pigeon Forge.

Most people at one event Saturday with 268.

We have sold 100 VIN plates as of today and many people have not purchased
the plates so we should have at least 125 -150 cars at the show.

The raffle car is at about 250 tickets sold and this is above the sales at
the same point of sales for the first car.

There are 39 states represented and 8 other countries.

We have sold 278 rooms
76 more than Pigeon Forge

Makes you wonder when they are going to register for the show ????

So it look like things are going well

See you in PR in about an month

Message 6
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 8:38pm(PDT)

Steve you have to lower the 2 hood stops by the wiper grill the
screw down & up, there are black rubber covers on the tops.
Lawrence

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Steve Stankiewicz
<protodelorean_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
> hinges upside down?  It's on and closes, but the hood
> sits about 1/2" higher than the fenders in the front.
> I would assume I just need to adjust it, but I don't
> remember there being that much room in the mounting
> holes.  Anybody ever seen this?
>
> Steve
>
> VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
> www.projectdelorean.com

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Message 7
    From: "coreysmoo" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 8:41pm(PDT)
Subject: Pics of my D since getting her back together...

Here's a link to the pics I took of my car since getting her back
together yesterday.

http://digitaldmc.livejournal.com/110473.html

Corey

Message 8
    From: "byrondelorean" celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Tue May 9, 2006 8:42pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: MI Spring Meet I

Thanks Shannon, all you guys aboslutely rule. You took some great
pictures! I didn't realize I was wearing a red cape! My daughters
were cracking up when I showed them. I appreciate you making the
trip!>
Later,
Byron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Pictures of this event have been posted to the DCO site:
> http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/gallery-MISpring1-06.htm
>
> I want to publically thank:
>
> - Byron Cancelmo for hosting a great event this past weekend,
opening up your home to all of us

Message 9
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 7:51am(PDT)
Subject: Re: New clutch line is awesome!

You see, there is a reason it is recommended to replace the origional
plastic clutch line! It also is a good oppertunity to flush out the
clutch system with fresh brake fluid. Do it every 2 years and you will
not have any trouble with the clutch until you wear it out. Don't
forget to do the brakes at the same time so you can do it all again in
2 years. Check the oil level in the transmission and you won't have to
touch the drivetrain again for a while.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> I finished up my car today before going to work so I could drive it.
> It's a whole new car! I must have inadvertently plugged all my vacuum
> leaks because the engine hunts less and has more power. My hot start
> problem is gone and the car shifts like a dream. The new clutch line
> is the best $119.00 I have spent. All of the weird shifting problems
> have gone away. Another $350 spent...
>

> Nathan

Message 10
    From: "sweitzel_2000" sweitzel_at_dml_lffltd.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 7:51am(PDT)
Subject: Kind of Delorean reference in TLC commercial

TLC's "What not to wear" has a new commercial with a DeLorean
reference. A woman dressed in an obviously 80's theme clothes and hair
walks through the lobby of an office. One guy in the lobby asks here
"Hey, Where'd you park your DeLorean?" Kind of amusing.. no visuals of
the car though.

Message 11
    From: "goportpower" goportpower_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 7:52am(PDT)
Subject: Finding a DeLorean in Australia

Hi guys, I've asked a few people privately, but I was wondering if
anyone could help me find a DeLorean to buy in Australia? Any
information whatsoever that you could give me would be great!!

Regards,
Tristan

Message 12
    From: "andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com" andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 7:52am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Pics of my D since getting her back together...

BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL. SHARP CAR.
ANDY B 03513

Message 13
    From: "Matthew Cooley" WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 7:52am(PDT)

I don't see how lowering the stoppers by the windsheild wipers is
going to lower the front of the hood by a half inch?

Matthew