From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 1:27 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3238

1. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

2. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Steve Stankiewicz" protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com

3. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

4. Tomorrow Auction Stars
From: "Mike" michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com

5. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com

6. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "gullwingmag" gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

7. Re: RV Campgrounds nearby Pheasant Run Resort for DCS 2006
From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net

8. LOOKING FOR DELOREAN IN MARINA DEL REY, CA AREA
From: "mjroke_at_dml_aol.com" mjroke_at_dml_aol.com

9. De Loreans In Poland?
From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com

10. Fixer Upper Delorean
From: "cgrossi89" grossi.chris_at_dml_gmail.com

11. Re: RV Campgrounds nearby Pheasant Run Resort for DCS 2006
From: "Wayne Wagner" dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

12. New Poll Question - Your Delorean Driveable?
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com

13. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

14. Michigan Spring Meet II 5/20/06 9am till ?
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

15. Dead fuel pump?
From: "dmcjosh85" dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com

16. Maintance and regular upkeep issues
From: "rangerblair" rangerblair_at_dml_yahoo.com

17. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com

Message 1
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:31pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Hood Hinges

It won't. Somehow the front hinges are not installed correctly. Either they have to be adjusted lower or maybe they are bent. A common problem with them is the pin rusts out and the hood is no longer held in place by the hinge. This is not hard to figure out. After getting the hinges adjusted THEN you adjust the hood latch and THEN you adjust the hood stops. If you were to try adjusting the hood stops without adjusting the latch first you would not get anywhere, the latch will hold the hood up. The way I adjust the latch is to take the hood stops out, adjust the latch to get the hood slightly lower than the fenders, then I use the hood stops to hold the hood up slightly so it is even with the fenders. This way the hood doesn't shake while driving. It is usually necessary to enlarge the holes in the latch to get enough adjustment. The latch usually has to be lowered. Also a good time to install a back-up cable in case the inner core should break. I also tighen the smaller spring in the latch so the hood pops up. That usually takes adjusting the loop on the hood so it doesn't rub on the sides of the latch.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Cooley" <WHENRWE_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I don't see how lowering the stoppers by the windsheild wipers is
> going to lower the front of the hood by a half inch?
>
> Matthew
>

> On 5/9/06, Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:
> > Steve you have to lower the 2 hood stops by the wiper grill the
> > screw down & up, there are black rubber covers on the tops.
> > Lawrence

Message 2
    From: "Steve Stankiewicz" protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:32pm(PDT)

Actually, the rear edge (near the windshield)is not even touching the stops, but it is at about the right height.  It's the front edge, near the fascia that's sitting too high.  I pulled up the picture of the hing on DMCH's website and see that the hinges are slotted so maybe I do just need to adjust the hinges down.
(We'll see.)

Thanks, Steve

--- Matthew Cooley <WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't see how lowering the stoppers by the windsheild wipers is
> going to lower the front of the hood by a half inch?

Message 3
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:33pm(PDT)

The adjustment is behind the headlight buckets and a royal pain to get
to if you've already put the fascia on...

Martin

>>Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
>>hinges upside down? >>
>>Steve
>>
>>VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
>>www.projectdelorean.com

Message 4
    From: "Mike" michael.fischer_at_dml_dittybase.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:34pm(PDT)
Subject: Tomorrow Auction Stars

Hey All
Just saw a little blurb in the latest "Driven" magazine.  (Driven is a
supplement to the Canadian newspaper, Globe and Mail)

In an article on Investment Cars,  "Tomorrow's Megabuck auction stars:
drive then, enjoy them, sell them at a profit", they rate the DeLorean
as one of their 8 picks.

I've put a couple scans of the one pager in the photo section.

Message 5
    From: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:34pm(PDT)

reue, ive never completley taken the hinges off a D bonnet but
looking at it a while ago  you may have them on upside down .

Regards

> > --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Steve Stankiewicz
> > <protodelorean_at_dml_> wrote:
> > >
> > > Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
> > > hinges upside down?

Message 6
    From: "gullwingmag" gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:35pm(PDT)

Steve, this could be a fender adjustment issue.  Given the extreme
nature or your custom work maybe you didnt get all the spacers back
on the fender?  You can do a  lot of adjustment with those spacers
(been there done that on the Screamin Yellow D)

Ron

wrote:

> Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
> hinges upside down?  It's on and closes, but the hood
> sits about 1/2" higher than the fenders in the front.
> I would assume I just need to adjust it, but I don't
> remember there being that much room in the mounting
> holes.  Anybody ever seen this?
>
> Steve
>
> VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
> www.projectdelorean.com

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Message 7
    From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: RV Campgrounds nearby Pheasant Run Resort for DCS 2006

Since I have received two requests for nearby RV Campground
information for DCS 2006 (RV's towing DeLoreans to the event)
I decided to post a few details here regarding the closest
RV Campgrounds to the Pheasant Run Resort and DCS 2006.

The closest RV Campground to DCS 2006 is the Sycamore RV Resort
which is about 25 miles west of Pheasant Run, on the same road
that Pheasant Run Resort is on, which is North Ave (Route 64).
The RV Resort contact number is: 1-815-895-5590.

The next closest RV Campground is located a few miles from the
Volo Auto Museum, the Fish Lake Beach Resort and Campground,
which is at least a 45 minute drive from Pheasant Run Resort.
FLB offers about 600 camp sites for RV's, tents, etc.

More details and contact information will be posted soon on the
DeLorean Midwest Connection website: www.deloreanmidwest.com

Message 8
    From: "mjroke_at_dml_aol.com" mjroke_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Wed May 10, 2006 1:37pm(PDT)
Subject: LOOKING FOR DELOREAN IN MARINA DEL REY, CA AREA

HAVING A BACK TO THE FUTURE SHOW AT OUR SCHOOL, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO SHOW
THERE DELOREAN ON MAY 20TH.  PLEASE CONTACT JERRY BOWER AT  310-678-2496

Message 9
    From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:24am(PDT)
Subject: De Loreans In Poland?

Hi All, I'm looking for people who own a De Lorean in Poland, Warsaw?

I'm going there for a holiday in start of June for 3 months. I would like to see a D there!

Best Regard's,
~Nick~

Message 10
    From: "cgrossi89" grossi.chris_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:25am(PDT)
Subject: Fixer Upper Delorean

Hey everyone,

Im Chris, just signed up for the mailing list. I was wondering if
anyone has a fixer upper DeLorean that might be going up for sale in
the 10k and under range within the next 6 months. Looking for a summer
project and im currently doing a sort of internship at our local
foreign car mechanic, also taking college classes in auto maintenence
and repair.

Im currently located in California, about an hour north of Santa
Barbara in a little town called Nipomo. Shipping really isint a
concern at this point as im willing to pay the costs. I would love to
fix up a DeLorean for use as sort of a weekend car to show off and the
like.

Message 11
    From: "Wayne Wagner" dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:25am(PDT)

Information now posted on www.deloreanmidwest.com

* Click the DMC Car Show link in the left column of links.
* Then click on the link at the bottom/right "RV Campgrounds Near DCS2006".

I have added map links that should take you to a google map of the camp
location.  Just threw in this added feature at the last minute, so if it
doesn't work let me know off-line (wayne[at]dmcnews.com).

Regards,
Wayne / VIN2447
DeLorean Midwest Connection Webmaster

d_rex_2002 wrote:
> More details and contact information will be posted soon on the
> DeLorean Midwest Connection website: www.deloreanmidwest.com
>
> Later,
> Rich W.

Message 12
    From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:25am(PDT)
Subject: New Poll Question - Your Delorean Driveable?

I was curious as to how many D's are driveable today (ie: can it be
started today and driven 500 miles without major worries), and how
many are not driveable (either because they are not yet reliable, or
because they are currently not operable for one reason or another).
Not whether you actually drive it or not, just whether it COULD be
reliably driven or not.  Be interesting to see the results of a
similar poll a year from now, as to what happens to the percentage of
driveable cars (I suspect it would go up).

Message 13
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:26am(PDT)

Sorry about that but when he said the front I thiught he ment the
opening; Lawrence

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Cooley" <WHENRWE_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I don't see how lowering the stoppers by the windsheild wipers is
> going to lower the front of the hood by a half inch?
>
> Matthew
>

> On 5/9/06, Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:
> > Steve you have to lower the 2 hood stops by the wiper grill the
> > screw down & up, there are black rubber covers on the tops.

Message 14
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:28am(PDT)
Subject: Michigan Spring Meet II 5/20/06 9am till ?

Hello All,

I'm emailing just as a reminder that the Michigan Spring Meet II is
Saturday May 20th And starts at 9 am till when ever, I have only had
8 RSVP so far with 3 owners that actually said they have projects to
get done, If you have a project that you'll need help with let me
know so I can make some sort of a schedule, Don't forget to bring
your parts, If you need hoist use I have one available at my home so
we need to see what jobs are hardest to easiest. Don't for get I
need to know how many will be here for Food & drinks also. we'll do
a little work, eat some food,take a little cruise & stop back to the
Crazy Leprechaun for some more food & spirits. If you do a Mapquest
search for directions make sure to use every part of my street name
or you'll end up 5 miles to far. any & all Venders & Repair
operators are more than welcome to come & assit or just hang out.

my address is:

5637 Roosevelt Blvd.

Dearborn Heights, MI. 48125     Cell# 313-506-3786 (Just in case)

Thanks & hope to see you all there.

Lawrence 00538m,00915a,1024m,4873a,++

Message 15
    From: "dmcjosh85" dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:28am(PDT)
Subject: Dead fuel pump?

Earlier today I was at the drive thru at the bank, and since the
teller was taking her time with the other car ahead of me I decided
to shut down instead of wasting the gas. well a couple minutes
passed and the it came time for me to start up and move up. only
problem is, was that the car was cranking and not starting.

Confused I pushed the car into a parking spot, and had a family
member pick me up and take me home. Thinking it could be a hot start
problem I decided id return later on and give it a try, also when I
left I took my battery with me just to charge it up.
Later I returned with a fully charged battery and a cold engine in
the DMC. tried to fire her up and no go.
I inspected to fuses and even though none were burnt I replaced the
fuses with some spares I keep so I can rule out dead fuses. I also
noticed I wasnt hearing anything come from the fuel tank like the
pump pressurizing the lines or anything at all for that matter.

The only strange thing I can really think about was a pop clicking
noise comming from the fuse box area when the cooling fans turned on
and again when turned off. other than that the car was running
normal on a hot 91 degree day until I shut it down.

so im gona see about testing the fuel pump, but my question is this.
Why? how can this part go bad just like that.

Thank you
Josh Tidwell

Message 16
    From: "rangerblair" rangerblair_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:29am(PDT)
Subject: Maintance and regular upkeep issues

I am looking at getting a Delorean as a second car for everyday use
and was wondering how much of a maintance hassle they tend to be?
thanks
sean

Message 17
    From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com
    Date: Thu May 11, 2006 7:29am(PDT)

Hello.

Please remember to make sure the hexbolts near the rear corners of
the hood are at the right height to catch the hood hooks.  I believe
they are there to prevent decapitation in a collision.

Rick.