From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 13, 2006 1:21 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3241

1. Missing my starter motor nuts
From: "Brian Seefeldt" bseefeldt_at_dml_ruekert-mielke.com

2. Re: Mr. Clean AutoDry
From: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com

3. Re: New Poll Question - Your Delorean Driveable?
From: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com

4. Re: Importing a De Lorean? How do I!?
From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com

5. Re: Maintance and regular upkeep issues
From: "whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Hood Hinges
From: "Marv Hein" marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com

7. Re: Mr. Clean AutoDry
From: "sandorp1" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

8. R134a retrofit
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

9. DMC Ski Rack
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

10. Re: Dead fuel pump?
From: "dmcjosh85" dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com

11. Re: Missing my starter motor nuts
From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

Message 1
From: "Brian Seefeldt" bseefeldt_at_dml_ruekert-mielke.com
Date: Fri May 12, 2006 3:19pm(PDT)
Subject: Missing my starter motor nuts

The person who disconnected my starter motor didn't leave the nuts on the three terminals and they are lost.  I will need to replace them.
Can anyone tell the the correct size and thread pitch for these terminals?  Is it standard or metric?  The two main terminals are the same size but one is copper.  Should I get a special nut for this terminal?  Are there any flat, spring, or lock washers?

Thanks in advance.

Brian
Vin# 10579

Message 2
    From: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Fri May 12, 2006 3:25pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Mr. Clean AutoDry

It's actually not a physical "car wash" like you have Dave.  It's a product they sell in stores - Mr. Clean is the bald guy who's reflection showed up in floors. :-)

  BTW, the 'D' is running great!

DAVID BAUERLE <dave.bauerle1_at_dml_verizon.net> wrote:

Mike wrote: Hey, has anyone had any experience using the Mr. Clean AutoDry carwash with a D?

Mike,
I own a self serve carwash that I use on a regular basis to wash my and other Deloreans. I use the hot wax and then spot free rinse. The spot free rinse is treated by a reverse osmosis process that removes all impurities. It works well and leaves almost a hand dried appearance. I am not familar with the company you mentioned so I don't know what they do.

Message 3
    From: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com
    Date: Fri May 12, 2006 3:27pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: New Poll Question - Your Delorean Driveable?

10944 has had several upgrades for reliability and would be assured that it could easily go 500 miles without a hitch.

Paul

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > I was curious as to how many D's are driveable today (ie: can it
> be started today and driven 500 miles without major worries),

Message 4
    From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com
    Date: Fri May 12, 2006 3:27pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Importing a De Lorean? How do I!?

Thanks mate!

Nick

    From: "whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Fri May 12, 2006 3:31pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Maintance and regular  upkeep issues

In a message dated 5/12/2006 10:49:10 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

From: "Ken Baker" kenbaker1265_at_dml_msn.com

  For the past six months I have
been researching DeLoreans asking the same  question. I have found that through many hours on the phone and countless  hours on the internet that DMCH or DMCFL are the best resources on these  cars. I have taken the plunge and put a deposit on a car at DMCH.

Hi Ken -

Congratulations on finding a car & deciding to take the plunge!   I'm sure
that Steven & James will not dissappoint you, and you'll soon have  your new
baby home with you to enjoy.  It's always great news to hear of  another Delorean
coming into our local area, and I hope that I'll get to see you  with it from
time to time around town.  I'm located practically in your  backyard, over in
the Inerrary area of Lauderhill, and I show up fairly often at  the weekly
Friday cruise nights over at Tower Shops in Davie.  Come on out  some friday
night and we can park together and compare cars. (And if you're not  already on
the list, don't forget to join the local FLDMC Yahoo Groups forum  too...)

Cheers - Dan

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's  Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)

Message 6
    From: "Marv Hein" marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:33am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Hood Hinges

One side of my hood sits properly near the fascia and the other side
is high.  The high side is about 1/4" off.

Turns out the stainless panel has come loose from the underlaying
hood structure on the high side.  I can press it down and it's
properly in position.

Now I just need some way to reattach it.  Super Glue clamped
overnight only held for a very short time.

Is your panel loose at the front?

Marv
#10820
AZ-D

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Steve Stankiewicz
<protodelorean_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Anybody know if you can accidentally install our hood
> hinges upside down?  It's on and closes, but the hood
> sits about 1/2" higher than the fenders in the front.
> I would assume I just need to adjust it, but I don't
> remember there being that much room in the mounting
> holes.  Anybody ever seen this?
>
> Steve
>
> VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
> www.projectdelorean.com

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Message 7
    From: "sandorp1" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:33am(PDT)

I have been using it for over a year now and am pleased with the
results.  No spots on the glass or the stainless.  I still do some
towel drying anyway just for the fun of it; we own exotics, half the
fun is washing, wiping, drying and pampering them!

Sandor
# 3002

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <michael.fischer_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hey, has anyone had any experience using the Mr. Clean AutoDry
carwash
> with a D?
>
> They claim to prevent water spots with it, and though towel drying
the
> D is relaxing, the better half is getting tired of using all the best
> terry towels on the D.
>
> Mike

Message 8
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:35am(PDT)
Subject: R134a retrofit

Hello everyone,

Does anyone have experience with this?

I am considering the r134 retrofit #2 as described in the DMC news
technical archives, the cheap one. Here is my question. It does not
say anywhere that you have to get all of the r12 oil out before
charging with r134. It recommends flushing the system minus the
compressor. But there would still be oil in the compressor right?
And that oil would break down when in contact with r134 causing
compressor failure correct? I will eventually overhaul my entire
system but I thought I would try the cheap fix for this summer while
I save money. The article also does not mention adding any r134
compatible oil. Anyone who has experience with this mod, successful
or otherwise I would like to hear from you. Thanks.

Nathan
2277

PS- how much should I pay for a can of r134 in Southern California?
I have seen it from $15 to $7, but have read it should be $4.50.
(for 13oz)

Message 9
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:36am(PDT)
Subject: DMC Ski Rack

I'm looking for a photo of a DeLorean Ski Rack in-use, with the parts
laid out, and/or the instruction sheet. If anyone has any this let me
know or post it in the photos section.

Message 10
    From: "dmcjosh85" dmcjosh85_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:36am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Dead fuel pump?

Well I tested my fuel pump after removing it, it works perfect so
than I moved onto jumping the RPM relay as instucted. After jumping
the RPM relay still nothing happend. So than I cleaned the
connectors between the fuel pump and the harness, the negative
energy connector is still black where the positive is gold colored
bright than the day it was brand new, still nothing happend. Im a
little worried about the status of the connector since one of the
two pins is nearly uncleanable (the negative). I than checked the
Inertia switch to see if it was tripped, it wasnt. but following the
advice from Don at DMC garden groove I removed the inertia box to
see if it was melted or not. There I found the box to be partially
melted where the connectors are on the box and slight damage to the
harness connectors to the box from the very same heat.

aside form all this I found my #13 fuse to be bad, and to be honest
im not sure what #13 does on a manual tranny DMC.

So if theres any further tests I can do please advise me, id be much
appreciated. Id like for a way just to proove that 100% of the
problem was due to the inertia switch box.

~ Josh Tidwell (Bakersfield, CA)
04463 VIN - Out of order.   :(

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Warren Wallingford <warren_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Before you condemn the pump, check the inertia switch down by the
> service interval counter.  If it is not tripped, find the RPM
relay in the relay compartment.

Message 11
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Sat May 13, 2006 7:38am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Missing my starter motor nuts

The threads are Metric M8 and M5 (from memory)

Martin