From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2006 5:19 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3246

1. DeLorean Spotted
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

2. Re: What went wrong?
From: "Marv Hein" marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com

3. Greatest Show on Turf - San Diego Car Show
From: "David Cox" DMCox_at_dml_delorean.com

4. Re: seat belt buzzer
From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net

5. Doors....again
From: "Jim" lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. Re: AC compressor oil where does it go?
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

7. Re: tail lights/brake lites
From: "robert parker" roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com

8. Lower engine cover hinge
From: "edward j cohen" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net

9. Re: Need HELP!!! Odd Idle question...traveling and possibly stuck?!
From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net

10. Re: Lower engine cover hinge
From: "Gary G" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net

11. Re: Lower engine cover hinge
From: "Jamie Hamlin" jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com

12. Fan Fix
From: "Tom Watkins" outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com

Message 1
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:04pm(PDT)
Subject: DeLorean Spotted

  Anyone on the list being currently being shipped a DeLorean?  If so, it looks like it made it to Columbus, Ohio... (Look on the truck in these pics)

  http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71423

  Jake Kamphoefner

Message 2
    From: "Marv Hein" marvhein_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: What went wrong?

Josh,

Sorry I can't help further with your fuel pump problem besides all the things you listed in your most recent post.

I bought my D in Bakersfield a year ago this month.  The ride from there to Vegas is really pleasant in a DeLorean!

Hopefully you will get your pump working soon and can join us here in Vegas the next time we have a get-together.

Marv
#10820
Las Vegas
Arizona DeLorean Club

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmcjosh85" <dmcjosh85_at_dml_...> wrote:
> ~ Josh Tidwell
> 04463 VIN  (Bakersfield, CA)

Message 3
    From: "David Cox" DMCox_at_dml_delorean.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Greatest Show on Turf - San Diego Car Show

Upcoming event notice: The Greatest Show on Turf will take place on 3 Jun 06 in Balboa Park, San Diego, show time 9am - 2:30pm (trophies at 2pm). Registration ($20 - fund raiser for the San Diego Automotive Museum) must be completed by Thursday, 25 May 06. There is a 400 car limit and it sold out last year. Questions may be directed to Frank Corio (corio2 "at" cox.net), or respond directly to me (dmcox "at" delorean.com) Registration can be made at www.streetrodinsider.com - click on the calendar, then on 3 Jun, then follow the links from there. I've already registered and expect to have a great time. The museum does have a Delorean, which I've never actually seen, so I'm planning to correct that oversight.

Dave Cox

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com?affiliate=1860

Message 4
    From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: seat belt buzzer

Your seat belt buzzer is nicely tucked away under the dash above the steering column. Almost impossible to get to. Its mounted on a steel plate with several other components. I'm betting its come loose and has shorted one of the wires against that steel bracket. Try removing or realigning it back into place to see if that fixes your chirping.

Dave Sontos

    From: "Jim" lamborghinijim_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Doors....again

Hi guys, a while ago I mentined that I assumed my gas struts were
out of sync due to the fact that the drivers doors needs a little
help to get to the full open whilst the passengers door nearly takes
your head off as it goes up. On our Lamborghini's (no torsion arms
here) the gas strut opens and holds the door open/up.
Well I took off both struts and took them to be tested, both struts
are almost equal in pressure and they are both about 10% over 1150-
1200KN figure.
So torsion bars it is....with the struts of the passengers door is
about 1.5 inches up from the closed postion whilst the drivers door
in almost fully down, now Ive done some reading on torsion bar
setting and its quiet daunting, do I need 911 on standy, a new rear
screen at hand and if the Enterprise is orbiting to have James T
Kirk on full alert?

Question : What affect does one spline either way have on the doors?
From what Ive explained would the drivers need tensioning by one and
the passengers decreased by one?
Any advise would be most aprechiated before I tackle this one.

Cheers.... Jim...... South Africa

Message 6
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:06pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: AC compressor oil where does it go?

I do have a vacuum pump. Once I get the system back together I will
vacuum it down for a day or so, then recharge it. The best way to
learn is to do, that's how I operate anyway. What's the worst that can
happen? I destroy an AC system that needs to be replaced anyway right?
The best is that I get cold air for a while until I save up for new
hoses, accumulator and compressor etc. Once I locate my leak(s) I will
try to repair them.

Nathan

Message 7
    From: "robert parker" roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:08pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: tail lights/brake lites

  Another helpful tid-bit as an aside:   Spasmodic brake light function?
Pull the switch from the bracket by the brake pedal, remove the brass
contact tabs from the plastic switch-box, emory cloth both the inside
contact points and the outside. Re-insert, reattach.  Over time, the
constant arcing   of "juice" inside that switch-box will burn the contact
areas on the mechanism, rather like inside the distributor cap.  Clean well,
and drive on...         Drive Stainless (with lights)   Robert VIN 6924

From: Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com>
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [DML] tail lights/brake lites
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 07:27:23 -0700 (PDT)

I did the following to my car and have not had a problem since.

   From: ChrisAU79Date: Sun, 27 Aug 1995 10:27:48 -0400
To: dmcnews_at_dml_goodnet.com
Subject: Painted Cars and Taillights

(snip)
Tired of your rear lights working when they feel like it? Go to Radio Shack
and buy one package Cat.# 64-3010, and one package Cat.# 64-3017 ( small
machine screws and nuts ). Remove your light boards and put one screw
through
each of the hollow rivets holding the light sockets. Tighten these down with
a vengence. This improves electrical contact immensely. Fixed mine, try it.
Thanks to Knut Grimsrud! Additional: If your boards are dirty, clean them
first. RS also sells an oxide cleaner that seems to work.

"rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net> wrote:
   Got my D back from the shop. Runs great once warmed up. Turn signals were
not working but when I changed the fuse the Right rear works great but the
left rear does not work. I changed the bulb still no luck... Could it be the
assembly that needs replacing on the left rear. Other problem (big) no brake
lights.. Running lights ok, no back up lights either. Any suggestions will
be most appreciated.
Ed
6944

rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net
EarthLink Revolves Around You.

Message 8
    From: "edward j  cohen" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 0:09pm(PDT)
Subject: Lower engine cover hinge

HELP!!!!
I have a broken hinge and have been told by Delorean Motor Company that they are no longer available.  Does anyone know where I can get one or if there is a replacement similar one anywhere available?
Ed

Message 9
    From: "Dave Sontos" dsontos_at_dml_verizon.net
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 1:14pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Need HELP!!!  Odd Idle question...traveling and possibly stuck?!

Bad ECU or stuck idle motor

Check the big plug on the top of the ECU behind the drivers seat, unplug it
and reseat. Switch your ECU with a working one.

Stuck idle motor- pull the black connector off the idle motor when the
engine is racing, if the idle drops down or dies, thats the problem.

Dave Sontos

Message 10
    From: "Gary G" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 1:16pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Lower engine cover hinge

PJ Grady has some nice stainless steel replacement hinges for the
lower engine compartment cover.  They original steel hinges are prone
to breaking over time.

Gary G
VIN 3360

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "edward j  cohen" <rdcejc_at_dml_...> wrote:

> HELP!!!!
> I have a broken hinge and have been told by Delorean Motor Company
that they are no longer available.  Does anyone know where I can get
one or if there is a replacement similar one anywhere available?
> Ed

Message 11
    From: "Jamie Hamlin" jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 1:16pm(PDT)

Hey Ed,

  I just went through this!!!
  Rob Grady has two options.
  1. refurbished hinges (new studs welded on and hinge powder coated)
  2. new stainless steel hinges

  (I bought the stainless and primered and painted them with SEM bumper black)
  they turned out nice,,, and no more rust woooo hoooo

  Jamie Hamlin
  Ft. Walron Beach, Florida
  Vin# 5677
  Vin#2606

edward j cohen <rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net> wrote:
  HELP!!!!
I have a broken hinge and have been told by Delorean Motor Company that they are no longer available. Does anyone know where I can get one or if there is a replacement similar one anywhere available?
Ed

Message 12
    From: "Tom Watkins" outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 16, 2006 1:17pm(PDT)
Subject: Fan Fix

I've discussed this with people on other lists.  The Fan Fix 2X2 ad on the website says it has a lifetime warranty. If you are having problems either get your money back or keep getting another one until it works.  From the sound of this it's a design issue and not a particular unit.  There are many people saying that their 2X2 is sticking.

  Your money should be returned to you if does not work, if this product damages your car you should send the receipt for reimbursement for the repairs.  If a vendor creates a product, especially electrical, that causes damage to your car they should have insurance to cover such damages or claims.  If a vendor does not have this protection I'd be cautious about buying.

  I totally understand the frustration as my purchase of a headlight saver switch ended with a trash can toss as well,  but since it's got a lifetime warranty just throwing it away does give any feedback or pressure to correct whatever problem it has.  If you are being told that it is fine and should work and it must be your car that is different I would encourage you to ask for a full refund.    If you are refused a refund it would be helpful to let us all know so that we have this information for future reference in our purchasing decisions.

  My opinion.....call Rob Grady and get his fan fix unit that is the replacement for the Zilla.  If he gives a product a thumbs up you can be assured it will work.