From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:35 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3248

1. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Michael Paine" mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com

2. DMC Ski Rack
From: "Dave Phelps" dphelps17_at_dml_gmail.com

3. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

4. Re: TiVo / DVR alert!
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

5. Re: [DMCForum] Alternator upgrade troubles
From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Jack Singer" jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net

7. Re: DMC Ski Rack
From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

8. INSTRUMENT CLUSTER
From: "edward j cohen" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net

Message 1
From: "Michael Paine" mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com
Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:28am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Ripples or No Ripples?

DWMCH has a production seat skin set that looks how the seats did in 1980. THey are made of modern materials and with modern techniquiues but look like the originals in apppearance.

http://delorean.com/dmcstore/Images/109261.jpg
http://delorean.com/dmcstore/Images/100618.jpg

Note:  the thread color is not the same as the original seats I believe.

regards,

Michael
vin6067

On Wed, 17 May 2006 03:54:50 -0000
  "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
>All,
>
>Forgive me if this has been asked on the list before, but I searched
>the archives with almost every combination I could think of and
>couldn't find a thing...but are our seats supposed to have rippled
>leather going up the middle of the seat or not?  I have heard from one
>person that yes, the seats are supposed to have ripples in the leather,
>while from an almost equal amount I have heard that it is not.  My
>seats right now do NOT have any ripples, and I am pretty sure it is the
>original leather (from the looks anyways, I am positive it's
>25+ yrs old).  I only ask because I am about to have my
>seats
>reupholstered by a upholstery shop and want to make sure I give them
>accurate descriptions of what the seats are supposed to look like as
>they have little experience w/ Deloreans.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jack
>VIN2728

>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see
>www.dmcnews.com

>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Message 2
    From: "Dave Phelps" dphelps17_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:30am(PDT)
Subject: DMC Ski Rack

Hello,
I am looking for the original DeLorean ski rack adapter for the DeLorean.  I can easily fit an aftermarket one to it but would like the old school looking original one if possible.  Let me know if anyone out there has one for sale.

Message 3
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:31am(PDT)

The seats should have ripples in them in the center section.  If you seats have been recovered you probably don't have the ripples as that leather has long been unavailable.  I can send you pics of a rippled seat should you want them, contact me off list if you would like them.

Bernie
VIN 4045 and 6704

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_...> wrote:

> All,
>
> Forgive me if this has been asked on the list before, but I searched
> the archives with almost every combination I could think of and
> couldn't find a thing...but are our seats supposed to have rippled
> leather going up the middle of the seat or not?  I have heard from one
> person that yes, the seats are supposed to have ripples in the
> leather, while from an almost equal amount I have heard that it is
> not.  My seats right now do NOT have any ripples, and I am pretty sure
> it is the original leather (from the looks anyways, I am positive it's
> 25+ yrs old).  I only ask because I am about to have my seats
> reupholstered by a upholstery shop and want to make sure I give them
> accurate descriptions of what the seats are supposed to look like as
> they have little experience w/ Deloreans.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack
> VIN2728

Message 4
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:31am(PDT)
Subject: Re: TiVo / DVR alert!

Thanks for the heads up, DVR is all set now.

Bernie

[MODERATOR NOTE: Please don't bother to send similar "me too!" responses to this message.  Once the program airs, feel free to discuss it.  - Mike Substelny, DML moderator of the week]

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, James Espey <james_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Set your TiVo's and DVR's for next weeks episode of "Modern Marvels:
80s
> Tech" on the History Channel. I have it on good authority that our
> favorite car will be making an appearance!
>
> 80s Tech will be premiering during the History Channel's "Great
> Inventions Week" (May 24-27), to coincide with the "Invent Now
Challenge".

> The show is currently scheduled to premiere on The History Channel on
>
> May 24, 2006
> 10:00 p.m. ET/PT
> May 25, 2006
> 2:00 a.m.  ET/PT
>
> We recommend that you check your local listings to confirm the airtime
> in your area / time zone.  Please note that some satellite service
> airtimes may differ.
>
> You can also check out www.historychannel.com/modernmarvels/ for
> upcoming episodes, air dates and show descriptions.
> Or go to the network's main page www.historychannel.com/ and click "TV
> SCHEDULE" at the top left for all History Channel programming info by
> date & time zone.
>
> More information about this event can be found at
> http://www.historychannel.com/invent/.
> Please note that there is a chance that this particular airing of 80s
> Tech might be slightly shorter to accommodate "Great Inventions Week"
> host wraps.
> The complete 80s Tech program will be shown for all subsequent
broadcasts.

Message 5
    From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:39am(PDT)
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Alternator upgrade troubles

Hook both the "L" and "S" together.

... Make sure the bulb in the dashboard is good.  :)

--- Ryan Wright <ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I bought & installed a new 4-wire 180amp alternator tonight. It's
> mounted up great and the belt is turning it just fine but I'm getting
> NO power from it! I could really use some advice...
>
> I had an original motorola alternator. There were only two connections
> to it: The main power feed (8 cables going into 2 ring connectors
> hooked up to the primary "batt" terminal on the
> alternator) and a
> brown wire that goes hot with the ignition on, which I assume is the
> sense for the regulator.
>
> There were NO other wires connected to my Motorola.
> I was instructed
> to hook up a yellow wire for the lamp light to the "L" terminal on the
> new 4-wire plug. I looked all over the place but couldn't find a
> yellow wire, nor any loose wires whatsoever.
>
> So, I mounted the alternator, connected the main power wires to the
> primary power terminal and connected the red "S"
> wire on the new
> 4-wire plug to the brown wire. I left the other three wires in the new
> 4-wire plug disconnected.
>
> I get nothing. Zero voltage output. :(
>
> Any ideas?? If it's just the lack of connecting the "L" wire, can
> someone tell me where in the world I should start looking for that
> wire? Where does it go or route from? Which wire loom does it come out
> of? As I said I looked all over the place, it's not to be found
> anywhere...
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> -Ryan

Message 6
    From: "Jack Singer" jsinger_at_dml_i-c.net
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:51am(PDT)

I have fixed up and owned a number of Deloreans since 1983 and not one
of them has had rippled seats.  Every one including those stored in
doors its entire life has had tight leather with no ripples.

In fact that is the easiest way to spot a recover is to look for the
ripples.  Every time I see one, I ask if it was recovered and the answer
is yes.

Jack
10002, 20069

The seats should have ripples in them in the center section.  If you
seats have been recovered you probably don't have the ripples as that
leather has long been unavailable.  I can send you pics of a rippled
seat should you want them, contact me off list if you would like them.

Bernie
VIN 4045 and 6704

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "delorean_3" <delorean3_at_dml_...> wrote:

> All,
>
> Forgive me if this has been asked on the list before, but I searched
> the archives with almost every combination I could think of and
> couldn't find a thing...but are our seats supposed to have rippled
> leather going up the middle of the seat or not?  I have heard from one

> person that yes, the seats are supposed to have ripples in the
> leather, while from an almost equal amount I have heard that it is
> not.  My seats right now do NOT have any ripples, and I am pretty sure

> it is the original leather (from the looks anyways, I am positive it's

> 25+ yrs old).  I only ask because I am about to have my seats
> reupholstered by a upholstery shop and want to make sure I give them
> accurate descriptions of what the seats are supposed to look like as
> they have little experience w/ Deloreans.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jack
> VIN2728

Message 7
    From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 10:51am(PDT)
Subject: Re: DMC Ski Rack

Dave.. Good luck in your quest.  A year or so ago there was one on  e-bay.  I
bid pretty high on it and it went for a lot more than I  bid.  It was NOS.

Roy
0893

In a message dated 5/17/2006 1:33:34 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dphelps17_at_dml_gmail.com writes:

Hello,
I am looking for the original DeLorean ski rack adapter for  the DeLorean.  I
can easily fit an aftermarket one to it but would  like the old school
looking original one if possible.  Let me know if  anyone out there has one
for  sale.

Message 8
    From: "edward j  cohen" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net
    Date: Wed May 17, 2006 11:34am(PDT)
Subject: INSTRUMENT CLUSTER

HELP
I need to replace two bulbs in the instrument cluster.  How do I remove it?  There's a plastic strip that runs around the glass but I not sure if I take it off will I be able to put it back (it looks like its glued on)
Ed