From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:44 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3250

1. Re: Fan Fix
From: "Johnny Sawyer" johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com

2. rear NCTs for sale!
From: "rick abarca" stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com

3. Re: DCS show needs help to transport a car (CT to IL)
From: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com

4. Re: What's My '81 Delorean Worth?
From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

5. Registration forms for those w/o computers
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. DCS 2006 "STUFF" has arrived
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

7. Greenwich Concours June 3-4
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

8. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

9. What effect- Ethanol?
From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com

10. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com

11. instrument cluster
From: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

12. Re: What effect- Ethanol?
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

13. Re: [DMCForum] Alternator upgrade troubles >>
From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com

14. URGENT-oil leak
From: "Paul" willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk

15. Re: What effect- Ethanol?
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

16. Re: DCS 2006 "STUFF" has arrived (little stuff?)
From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net

17. URGENT
From: "willinot" willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk

18. 'Looking Back at the Future' website now active
From: "BTTF.com" stephen_at_dml_bttf.com

19. Re: Fishy Ebay Delorean
From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net

20. Re: What effect- Ethanol?
From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com

21. Re: What effect- Ethanol?
From: "delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com" delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com

22. Re: Ripples or No Ripples?
From: "Chris Murley" qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com

23. Re: Fan Fix
From: "K.L. (KAYO) Ong" klo_at_dml_cidio.net

Message 1
From: "Johnny Sawyer" johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com
Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:48am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Fan Fix

On 5/16/06, Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> My opinion.....call Rob Grady and get his fan fix unit that is the
> replacement for the Zilla.  If he gives a product a thumbs up you can
> be assured it will work.

I completely agree as I have been using Rob's answer to the fan module (I
> like to call it FanGrady).  His grey box works great and I am VERY
> happy with the way it performs!

Johnny
5518
AZ-D

Message 2
    From: "rick abarca" stangboy70us_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:48am(PDT)
Subject: rear NCTs for sale!

Perfect condition!  no tears, cracks or weather damage.  around 12K on them.  $50 takes them BOTH!

Message 3
    From: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:49am(PDT)
Subject: Re: DCS show needs help to transport a car (CT to IL)

It "might" be Griff's BMW :-)

Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  OK. I'm curious. What's the "special" car? : )

Any more from Curtis or is he still "out"?

Steve

VIN 2650 ("Project Delorean")
www.projectdelorean.com

Message 4
    From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:49am(PDT)
Subject: Re: What's My '81 Delorean Worth?

Jim.. What's the VIN?  No updates at all?

Roy
0893

In a message dated 5/17/2006 10:33:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
davvet2_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

I have  finally decided to sell the car; I looked at a lot of
Deloreans before  buying this one, it was the best of the bunch

Message 5
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:50am(PDT)
Subject: Registration forms for those w/o computers

There is now a registration form on the dcs website under registration for
those that have friends that want to go but do not have computers or don't use
them.

Feel free to download the pdf and give it to your friends

Message 6
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:50am(PDT)
Subject: DCS 2006 "STUFF" has arrived

Well the shipment finally came in for DCS 2006.
The new pins are awesome.
There are two versions one is the Show Pin that usually is just a pin
consisting of the profile of the DeLorean .

This year the pin is event specific and has DCS 2006 and the 25th
anniversary.  Those will be given out at the show with  registration.   They are much
more colorful and detailed than the pins  we made before.

IN addition we have a 25th Anniversary pin that goes along with the 25th
anniversary logo.
These will be first come first serve and will be avail at the show. If  there
are any left over we will sell them on E-bay and the Josh's store.

There are 200 Silk Screened T-shirts for the 25th anniversary and they will
be first come first serve. Once gone no more will be made.  These will be  on
sale at the show.

We also have a limited number of watches with the DeLorean and the DCS  logo.
These will go for $25 and are first come first serve.  We have only  mens
watches at this point but if womens watches are requested we can order  them.
This is the first time for me making watches so I don't know the  demand but if
we run out we can order more.

I have seen some T-shirts around from previous shows that have shall we say
"been around" Especially mine lately, in particular the Pigeon Forge and
Memphis  shirts.  These will also be available.  We will print them at the show  on
an as need basis so you don't have to worry about us running out of a  size.

The Awards are Trophies this year and they are really nice. So clean your
car up and cross your fingers.
Keep in mind for the Daily Driver judging. Light road dust is not deducted
for since you are driving to the show and will be judged as you get there.
Grease, heavy brake dust, and general dirt that is not just light road dust will
 be deducted.

For daily driver class the cars will be judged based on condition for the
mileage. thus a car with 10K will be looked at for more pristine details than
one with 100k.  Modifications are fine and will not be deducted for as long  as
the job done looks like it is well done and is not falling apart, Items such
as radios, speakers, changed dashes, refurbished interiors will not be
counted  against you as these may be normal wear and tear and equipment   upgrades.
Judges will deduct for mismatched interiors, poor radio fits or  similar
items,

You will not be deducted for non NCT tires. You will be judged on the
condition of the tires on the car.  If they are bald and cracked that has  not been
maintained and will be deducted for but a tire 3/4 wear but kept clean  will
be fine.  Just a few tips,

The concours is its own contest so rules and regulations for that are in  the
Millenium Handbook,

We have a number of catagories and you can enter 1 catagory.

There are some specialty catagories and you can enter as many of those as
you like.

We also have the competition for best Sun Star or Model (does not need to  be
Sun Star)

NOTE: !!!!!!!!

Unlike previous shows you MUST have a DINNER ticket to get back in the
convention center after 5PM on Friday or Saturday and to get in at all on  Thursday
for dinner and the two seminars.

There is a $10 fee for the day for those not going to dinner (Its included
in your dinner ticket)

Most Seminars and special guests will be at the dinners,

We are less than a month and about 20$ of you that have registered at the
Hotel still  have not event registered.

See you in a Month.

Ken
DeLorean Car Show Inc
deloreancarshow.com

Message 7
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:50am(PDT)
Subject: Greenwich Concours June 3-4

I have been invited to display my Delorean at the Greenwich Concours
in Greenwich CT this year. It is known as the "East Coast Pebble
Beach". For further information go to wwww.greenwichconcours.com There
is also going to be an auction by Christie's and there is a Delorean
advertised in Hemmings that will be included in the auction. This show
is very unusual in that it is in a park by the water and includes
boats and vintage aircraft. Many of the cars are one-of-a-kind and
some are rarely (if ever) seen publicly. I will be there on Sunday 6/4

Message 8
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:51am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Ripples or No Ripples?

I can probably add something here... TrimTech, the original comapany who
supplied the covers to the factory are still alive under a different
name in Belfast. I sent my seats off to them for recover the year I
bought my #1458. They made up covers to the original patterns, adjusted
to my seats. I was told that the original intent was to ripple the
centre sections but keep the outer sections smooth. The sides were made
of Vinyl because it allowed stretch to cover the variation between seats.

You can have a look at the job they did here

http://www.delorean.co.uk/DMC_SEAT_COVERS.doc (apologies for the format,
that's how I was sent it!)

The grey seat belonged to a friend of mine, mine's the black one, and a
quick note: The photo was taken immediately after fitting. The foam soon
expanded and took out any looseness in the headrest, base etc. The
binnacle is also mine.

I bought #1458 with 2353 miles on it. EVERYTHING almost without
exception on the car was original but neglegted. So why were my seats
100% vinyl? You can see this in the "before" photo.

Martin
DMCL
#1458 (raring to go for Eurofest!)
#4426 (raring to go for Eurofest!)

James Espey wrote:

 >Absolutely no doubt, the seats should have ripples, and did come with
 >ripples when the car was new. I beg to differ with Jack here, as I
 >can't imagine a car that has been stored indoors its entire life NOT
 >having ripples. Here's a photo of a NOS seat bottom I just pulled from
 >the warehouse and dusted off:
 >
 >http://www.delorean.com/seatbottom.jpg
 >
 >I wouldn't hazard to guess what makes the leather shrink like the ones
 >in most DeLoreans today - UV, heat, cold, age? But the remaining NOS
 >ones here in the warehouse would suffer only from age - and they
 >aren't shrunk. Anyone who was at the KAPAC warehouse knows that it was
 >not temperature controlled, though everything was protected from
 >sublight. Same way here in Houston...
 >
 >The photo on page 103 of SSI shows an interior - and it's partially
 >rippled, which incidentally is how the new seat covers look after
 >they've been in service for some time. A few pages earlier, on 101,
 >shows the grey seats with ripples, too.
 >
 >James Espey
 >DMC (Texas)
 >http://www.delorean.com

Message 9
    From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 7:55am(PDT)
Subject: What effect- Ethanol?

What effect are we likely to see on our engines and fuel systems
as ethanol replaces MTBE in the fuel supply?

I'm not asking if our engines can run on E85, just regular fuel with
the ethanol additive that replaced the MTBE.

I've replaced my main fuel pump lines with Grady's orange non-
conductive hoses and the fuel distributor lines with Special T's
stainless braided lines. I don't recall if the diaphram in the
accumulator is rubber or metal so it may be vulnerable. What about
other fuel components?

Will the fuel degrade (turn into varnish/gum) faster?
Should we be more concerned about water in the fuel since ethanol
absorbs water more readily than MTBE?

Thanks,
Rich A.

Message 10
    From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 8:40am(PDT)

IMHO, many Deloreans with original seats have lost the
ripple due to the leather shrinking with age...  That
is why you will see so many cars with smooth seats.

I have seen the DMCH replacements, and they are nice.
However, they do not match the original.  I think this
is a "feature" because there should be some value to
having preteen original seats.  I am glad they did not
make an exact replica.

Message 11
    From: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 8:40am(PDT)
Subject: instrument cluster

Warren of DMC Houston neglected to point out when removing and reinstalling the binnicle, keep your mouth closed and please wear glasses. The small washers have a bitter flavour if they fall in your mouth.(lol)

HINT: A very tiny piece of chewing gum holds them in place when you reinstall the nuts.

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Message 12
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 8:45am(PDT)
Subject: Re: What effect- Ethanol?

Running with up to 10% ethanol is kind of like pouring a lot of "Dry
Gas" into you tank. Used to be a popular winter addditive to do deal
with excess moisture. Problem is if there is no moisture in your tank
the stuff will pull it out of the air. When it gets to a high  enough
concentration it then separates out when the temperature changes. This
stuff is not too bad if you use it up and don't store the car with it
in the tank for extended periods of time (like over the winter). It
does probably age the rubber parts quicker, some are more susceptable
to damage like the pick-up hose and the pump boots where it is exposed
to the fuel AND the air. Just something we are going to have to get
used to, you can expect gasoline as we know it to continue to change
and not always for the better. As it gets more and more expensive you
will see all kinds of things put into it to "stretch" it.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> What effect are we likely to see on our engines and fuel systems
> as ethanol replaces MTBE in the fuel supply?

Message 13
    From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:37pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Alternator upgrade troubles >>

Good point Dave..   But I think the one wire Ryan has
IS the wire for the light in the dash..  He does not
have the wire that goes to the ignition.  IIRC, this
is how the "1 wire" system works.

He would have to test to verify.

--- doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> Marc are you sure that info is correct?
>
> I thought one of those wires goes to the ignition
> switch and the other goes
> to the dash BATT bulb.  The other end of the BATT
> bulb goes to the ignition
> switch.  If the alternator Lamp lead is connected
> direclty to the ignition,  what
> happens when the lamp lead is grouned by the
> regulator as when the alternator
> is not putting out?  The in your case it would seem
> to cause a short.
>
> I must admit that I am not familiar with a 4 wire
> alternator.  Can you
> clarify this.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave Delman

Message 14
    From: "Paul" willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:37pm(PDT)
Subject: URGENT-oil leak

Right,  #2493 seemed to be of a cylinder after the recent rain so I pulled
the plugs out today and cleaned things up but she still seems to be running
rough.  Its definitely better but by no means smooth.  I decided to give her
a bit of a run to maybe clear it out but noticed the smoke from the engine
bay as happened the other day in the rain which I put down to the heat
shield disintegrating with being saturated.

Turns out though that the smoke was actually coming from an oil leak in the
engine that had run along the wire coming from a plug at the base of the
engine but above the CAT and dripped onto the heat shield.  I have never
seen any oil spots on my driveway so reckon this has only started recently.
I have posted a few photos in the pictures section titled URGENT and would
appreciate if I could get a few thoughts on if this leak could be something
to contribute to the running rough or if it suggests a major problem that
would prevent me from driving.

Ive noticed that since the other day the oil pressure is was not as high as
it usually is (usually sits above 80 when driving) but instead was sitting
at 80 exactly which I put down to her not running on all cylinders and
therefore not building full pressure.

Im gonna pull the plugs out again and see if it makes a difference.

My reason for this being Urgent is that Im meant to Drive 200 miles to
Dublin and Back tomorrow morning for a television show to promote Eurofest
and donít want to bugger the engine up on the journey.

Thanks.

Paul J
Belfast

Message 15
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:39pm(PDT)

In short, yes, yes, and yes. We've been running 10% ethanol here in
the Chicago area since around 1982 so we have a ton of experience
with it. I recently saw a dramatic example of the difference, as I'm
in the process of "bringing back to life" the second of two long-
storage cars.

Car #1 - not run in ~3 years, stored in the Chicago area so likely
stored with ethanol gas in it. Stored inside in climate-controlled
storage, car has never been in the rain. Maybe 4 gallons in tank.
Noted - rust on boot support, very strong "turpentine" smell, fuel
boot deterioration (replaced maybe 3 years ago). Very "stuck" fuel
distributor, obvious signs of rust deposits inside fuel lines and
accumulator. Fuel pump locked, it was also ~3 years old. Frequency
valve stuck. Everything (but the pump) did clean up after
considerable work an the car is now running great.

Car #2 - not been started since 1992 (14 years!), from outside the
immediate Chicago area, so it was most likely driven and put away
with normal 100% gas in it. Stored in a normal garage, normal
seasonal humidity changes, etc. Maybe 1.5 gallons in tank. It still
smelled bad, but there was NO rust on fuel support, perfectly clean
lines and ports, fuel distributor plunger was sticky but not like
glue, i.e. it came apart with a tug rather than a ton of solvent and
violence. The original 14+year-old fuel pump still works. The two in-
tank hoses look fine. Probably another week before I get it running,
though. I'm still replacing the filter and accumulator just on
general age-related principals.

Between the two cars, I expected the opposite. The only thing I can
attribute the better condition of Car #2 was thae fact that it was
put away with plain regular gasoline albeit a bit less of it in the
tank too.

Moral of the story - if you are going to store a car for more than 6
month, drain the tank and fuel system. Otherwise - DRIVE IT. The
shelf-life of ethanol-containing fuel is very short, it attracts
water, it's more corrosive. The ethanol is added to the gasoline as
it is loaded into the delivery truck - there's a reason for this. But
it still picks up water in the storage tank at the station. Once this
is in your car, over time it separates (if not driven which serves to
keep it mixed and fresh). Then it seems to start a nice little
weather system in the tank causing rust on parts that are not even
submerged in fuel.

I do not see these issues on cars that run more than a tank or two of
fuel thru them per year.

Dave S

wrote:

> What effect are we likely to see on our engines and fuel systems
> as ethanol replaces MTBE in the fuel supply?
>
> I'm not asking if our engines can run on E85, just regular fuel
with
> the ethanol additive that replaced the MTBE.
>
> I've replaced my main fuel pump lines with Grady's orange non-
> conductive hoses and the fuel distributor lines with Special T's
> stainless braided lines. I don't recall if the diaphram in the
> accumulator is rubber or metal so it may be vulnerable. What about
> other fuel components?
>
> Will the fuel degrade (turn into varnish/gum) faster?
> Should we be more concerned about water in the fuel since ethanol
> absorbs water more readily than MTBE?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich A.

Message 16
    From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:40pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: DCS 2006 "STUFF" has arrived (little stuff?)

Ken,

Posting this question here, since others may ask the same.

Will you have "little monkey" size T-shirts with down-sized
logos on them?  I think the smaller children size T-shirts
sold out quickly last time and I would like to make sure
there will be at least a few little sizes so I can buy some
T-shirts for my 4 nephews, ranging from 3 to 12 years old.
My guess is Kat could use baby bibs with logos on them too.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:

> snip <
>
> Well the shipment finally came in for DCS 2006.
>
> I have seen some T-shirts around from previous shows that have
shall we say
> "been around" Especially mine lately, in particular the Pigeon
Forge and
> Memphis  shirts.  These will also be available.  We will print
them at the show  on
> an as need basis so you don't have to worry about us running out
of a  size.

> snip <

Message 17
    From: "willinot" willinot_at_dml_ukonline.co.uk
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:40pm(PDT)
Subject: URGENT

Got it sorted guys,

Traced the lumpy ride down to a cracked spark plug so all ready for tomorrow
minus a large portion of the heat shield below the cat when tracing the oil
leak!

Paul J

Message 18
    From: "BTTF.com" stephen_at_dml_bttf.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:40pm(PDT)
Subject: 'Looking Back at the Future' website now active

The full website for 'Looking Back at the Future', the BTTF documentary
making its world premiere at DCS-06 next month, is now finally online:

http://www.lookingbackatthefuture.com/

The film will debut at 3:00 PM on Friday, June 16th at the Main Stage
Theater at Pheasant Run.

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Message 19
    From: "rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net" rdcejc_at_dml_earthlink.net
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:41pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Fishy Ebay Delorean

I reported it to Ebay....   He says hes in England and needs the money.
Don't belive it.   It's got to be a scam.
Ed
6944

Message 20
    From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:41pm(PDT)

Hello.

As MtBE is phased out and ethanol is phased in:

Our engines will lose a little power, not enough to notice.
Our fuel systems will be more likely to suffer water contamination
during long storage.
More modern materials will be needed to withstand degradation by the
ethanol.
Our fuel systems will cause much less cancer.

The fuel will degrade faster.  Ethanol is probably a little more
biodegradable into water than MtBE.  Only people who store their cars
for long periods will notice.

I thought MtBE was already phased out.

Rick.

wrote:

> What effect are we likely to see on our engines and fuel systems
> as ethanol replaces MTBE in the fuel supply?
>
> I'm not asking if our engines can run on E85, just regular fuel
with
> the ethanol additive that replaced the MTBE.
>
> I've replaced my main fuel pump lines with Grady's orange non-
> conductive hoses and the fuel distributor lines with Special T's
> stainless braided lines. I don't recall if the diaphram in the
> accumulator is rubber or metal so it may be vulnerable. What about
> other fuel components?
>
> Will the fuel degrade (turn into varnish/gum) faster?
> Should we be more concerned about water in the fuel since ethanol
> absorbs water more readily than MTBE?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich A.

Message 21
    From: "delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com" delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:41pm(PDT)

One of the problems I've heard regarding gasoline today is the quality is
not always up to par in the rush to get the product out the door. Sometimes
there is too much sulfur in the fuel and that leaves deposits that are
contaminating fuel level senders on many cars. We live in world that has an
expanding population with consequently more vehicles but also with an
expanding awarness of environmental issues. That has resulted in , among
other things,  more need for fuel without any expansion of refinnig
capabilities. It's going to get interesting in the coming years and there
will be some real challenges for those of us playing with older cars.

Bruce Benson

> What effect are we likely to see on our engines and fuel systems
> as ethanol replaces MTBE in the fuel supply?
>
> I'm not asking if our engines can run on E85, just regular fuel with
> the ethanol additive that replaced the MTBE.
>
> I've replaced my main fuel pump lines with Grady's orange non-
> conductive hoses and the fuel distributor lines with Special T's
> stainless braided lines. I don't recall if the diaphram in the
> accumulator is rubber or metal so it may be vulnerable. What about
> other fuel components?
>
> Will the fuel degrade (turn into varnish/gum) faster?
> Should we be more concerned about water in the fuel since ethanol
> absorbs water more readily than MTBE?
>
> Thanks,
> Rich A.

Message 22
    From: "Chris Murley" qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:44pm(PDT)

On 5/17/06, James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com> wrote:

> I wouldn't hazard to guess what makes the leather shrink like the ones
> in most DeLoreans today - UV, heat, cold, age? But the remaining NOS
> ones here in the warehouse would suffer only from age - and they
> aren't shrunk. Anyone who was at the KAPAC warehouse knows that it was
> not temperature controlled, though everything was protected from
> sublight. Same way here in Houston...

Moisture is generally what causes most leathers to shrink, especially when
combined with heat. Over time the humidity in the air is enough to slowly
shrink the leather down and remove the ripples in seats. Actually that's one
of the primary reasons most leather seats have wrinkles to begin with. If
they started out completely taunt, the seats would break the stitching in
just a few years as the leather shrank.  The reason the NOS seat
covers haven't shrank is because they were most likly bagged and boxed,
which will greatly limit the humidity they're subjected to. Also while KAPAC
and your own warehouse wasn't temperature controlled, they most likly never
get nearly as hot as the interior of a car sitting out in the sun.

Message 23
    From: "K.L. (KAYO) Ong" klo_at_dml_cidio.net
    Date: Thu May 18, 2006 1:44pm(PDT)

All PJ Grady's products are designed to work properly and if I and
not mistaken, they all have "product liability insurance" attached to
each of these item sold in case of the product's mishap.

The reason why Rob does not just quickly introduce a product on the
market for sale is because the product has the need to be tested,
retested in the many different cars; for not all cars are used the
same way to which the failure can manifest itself, if there will be
one.  This way the product will go through the paces in real time
under load and stress as to hopefully to any catch failure before
they are sold as a finished product   All of these procedures and
process with the products will yield a higher cost and the initial
price to be paid the first time around will be cheaper then money and
all the aggravation to correct the damages that can incur by the
failure while on the road.

FWIW, I did have failure to two of the Zilla products "years" after
the installation, but they were replace "no charged."  I even had an
up grade offered to me by Mr. Bob Zilla with the LockZilla several
years ago and I took the offer.  In short, both Rob and Bob took care
of their business end.

Kayo Ong

#5508 (With all the Zilla products available and more)

Lic 9D NY (daily driven)