From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2006 12:46 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3253

1. Griff's BMW in a magazine
From: "Jeff Chabotte" jchabotte_at_dml_adelphia.net

2. Polished Euro-Surround on eBay [advert}
From: "jamesrguk" James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com

3. Re: Adjusting Doors
From: "BRUCE BARRON" wehold_at_dml_telepak.net

4. Re: Alternator upgrade troubles
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

5. Costco sheep skin seat covers
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. Re: Fan Fix
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

7. Re: DMC Ski Rack
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

8. Exhaust in Cabin?
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com

9. Re: Exhaust in Cabin?
From: "mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net" mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

10. Re: Costco sheep skin seat covers
From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com

11. Mazel Identity i1 (gullwings)
From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com

12. Mazel Identity i1 (gullwings)
From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com

13. De Lorean merchandise?
From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com

14. Any UK De Lorean's for sale?
From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com

15. Water on Driver Side Floor
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com

16. Re: Costco sheep skin seat covers
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

17. Re: De Lorean merchandise?
From: "mena raphael" menaraphael2002_at_dml_yahoo.com.au

18. Re: Mazel Identity i1 (gullwings)
From: "John Spangler" johnspangler_at_dml_netzero.net

19. eBay VIN 16558
From: "Joshua Schwartz" Joshieloo_at_dml_aol.com

20. Re: Alternator upgrade troubles
From: "at88mph" at88mph_at_dml_comcast.net

Message 1
From: "Jeff Chabotte" jchabotte_at_dml_adelphia.net
Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Griff's BMW in a magazine

If you just gotta have your fix of BTTF mentions, Check out the July issue of Super Chevy Magazine. On newsstands now.

http://bttfbmw.com/gallery/album11/sc1

http://bttfbmw.com/gallery/album11/sc2

-Jeff Chabotte
Norwich, CT
www.bttfbmw.com

Message 2
    From: "jamesrguk" James_rg_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Polished Euro-Surround on eBay [advert}

My 1st European Numberplate Surround polished, for sale on eBay

http://tinyurl.com/o58cl

P.s. Hope people don't mind me advertising on the list, I always put
[advert] in the subject so that you can choose not to look :-)

James RG

Message 3
    From: "BRUCE BARRON" wehold_at_dml_telepak.net
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Adjusting Doors

I  had the same problem, turned out that all it need was a shot of  lube
on the latches

bruce
05218

jedimasterglenn wrote:

>Hi,
>
>My driver's side door closes, latches and locks fine, but is difficult
>to open.  When I pull the handle, the door doesn't budge.  It feels
>like it's locked.  If I put my left hand on the door and push down and
>toward the car as I pull the handle with my right hand, it opens
>immediately (imagine tracing a vertical line from the front of the
>toll booth window, down to the door trim...that's where I put my left
>hand).
>
>I had the inner and outer door seals done on both doors (used PJ
>grady's larger size seals).  The door opened fine before this was
>done, so logic says I need to adjust the door somehow...but I'm not
>sure where to begin.  Any tips anyone?
>
>Thanks!
>Glenn
>5391

Message 4
    From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Alternator upgrade troubles

Ryan,

It may seem a dumb question but do you really NEED a 180 Amp alternator? In
general the higher the Amperage output the higher the RPM that is required
to trigger the regulator into the charge mode. Also the greater the wear and
tear on your poor alternator belt which DeLorean's are already known to shed
somewhat often. It probably won't start to charge much before 2000 RPM
making it impractical for anything but straight highway use. Short of major
power robbing accessories I personally think an 110A alternator is the best
optional size for the DeLorean. Why are you stuffing an alternator into your
car that is so oversized compared to your cars actual requirements? Am I
missing something or are you having a "mine is bigger than yours" contest
with someone? :) Just kidding...OK!

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Costco sheep skin seat covers

These are great! I had to remove the seats to install them properly
which was kind of a pain but the black/gray looks really nice in my
black interior car. At $80 for the set it sure beats $600 for new
leather!

Nathan

Message 6
    From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:08pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Fan Fix

Dale,

I've been mulling over replying to this since Wednesday because I don't wish
to start a flame or offend anybody but I feel you've touched on a potential
safety issue so I'm going to offer my opinion on the subject. I am very
familiar with the Fan Fail link wire solution as it pertains to the
DeLorean. The factory meant for it to be a temporary fix and NOT a solution
to the cooling fan circuit problems it was experiencing at the time. The
subsequent addition of in line fuses is also a temporary fix. If you run a
fused link wire it should be inspected at least every spring, in northern
climates, for signs of heat damage. In hotter environments it should be
inspected after every three months of air conditioner use and replaced every
few years. The link wire solution is not up to the loads placed on it for
extended periods.  I've personally replaced many partially melted and heat
damaged link wires before they led to fires but know of at least several
people who weren't so lucky. I could give you a first hand example but will
save it for a later day should it become necessary. "Fanzilla" and "The
little grey box" (as it is currently called for lack of a catchier name) are
both vastly superior to this stop-gap solution.

Any "Fan Fix" that incorporates an ATC style fuse-link as part of a
permanent solution is fatally flawed and needs frequent inspections to
insure safe continued use. Additionally if this ATC link is combined with a
relay setup that occasionally sticks on when the engine is off it is
potentially a recipe for disaster. I don't want to hear about somebody
losing their car, house, or life knowing that my knowledge of this potential
could have helped them avoid it. There...I said it...now I can sleep at
night! Call it sour grapes or business rivalry or what ever you want. I
previously mentioned this to the responsible party in private to no avail so
my conscience led me to post this.  Again I have no desire to start a
"flame" but people should be made aware of the possibilities as these
"Fix's" start to reach the end of their usable service life. This is an IMHO
but a strongly felt one.

Sincerely,

Rob Grady

P.J.Grady Inc.

    From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:08pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: DMC Ski Rack

Hi Dave,

We have a few NOS ski rack adapters available. You, and any other interested
parties, can reach us at (800)350-7429 for additional information.

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

    From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:10pm(PDT)
Subject: Exhaust in Cabin?

Is it possible to have the exhaust leak undetected into the cabin
while traveling, either through the air vents, or somewhere else.  Any
potential places this could happen?

Message 9
    From: "mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net" mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 3:45pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Exhaust in Cabin?

Anyplace air can get in is a potential place for exhaust to get in.  You can
attack this problem two ways - make sure your exhaust is complete, has
no leaks, and is not obstructed.  Then make sure any of the possible
ways that exhaust can get drawn back into the car are plugged - cable
passthroughs, fixed window seals (rear glass, mainly), bulkhead seals,
etc.  Obviously, you have openings that are supposed to be there, like
doors, windows, and fresh air vents, but they should seal well when closed
as well.

-------------- Original message from "tuxr" <tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com>: --------------

> Is it possible to have the exhaust leak undetected into the cabin
> while traveling, either through the air vents, or somewhere else. Any
> potential places this could happen?

Message 10
    From: "twinenginedmc12" twinenginedmc12_at_dml_gendreaumicro.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 6:59pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Costco sheep skin seat covers

Hi Nathan.

Thank you for the tip.  I'm interested in doing this for my car.  Is
there anything that will let me identify in the store the set you used?

Rick.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> These are great! I had to remove the seats to install them properly
> which was kind of a pain but the black/gray looks really nice in my
> black interior car. At $80 for the set it sure beats $600 for new
> leather!
>
> Nathan

Message 11
    From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 6:59pm(PDT)
Subject: Mazel Identity i1 (gullwings)

Check out this new concept car with gullwing doors.  Here's some links about it.

 http://www.topspeed.com/fast_cars/id...i1-ar3009.html

 http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/concept...t=dc2ee81c8  6

 http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...dentity-i1.php

 http://uk.cars.yahoo.com/05042006/45...-parade-0.html

 http://66.218.71.231/language/transl...r=FP-tab-img-t

 http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-200...i1-Concept.htm

 http://www.worldcarfans.com/photos.c...el-identity-i1

Message 12
    From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 7:00pm(PDT)

Oops.  It looks like the original links I sent were broken, so here they are with tinyurl.

This is a cool new concept car with gullwing doors.

 http://tinyurl.com/eg2lh

 http://tinyurl.com/h4k9k

 http://tinyurl.com/jbzg6

 http://tinyurl.com/jhyyx

 http://tinyurl.com/gdtvd

 http://tinyurl.com/krqbz

 http://tinyurl.com/esru3

Moderators, if you happen to catch this on time, you can just delete the first one I sent that has the broken links.  Sorry.

Message 13
    From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 7:00pm(PDT)
Subject: De Lorean merchandise?

Does anyone know where I can buy De Lorean merchandise?

Thanks.
Nick

Message 14
    From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com
    Date: Sat May 20, 2006 7:00pm(PDT)
Subject: Any UK De Lorean's for sale?

Any De Lorean's for sale in the UK aprox. 15,000?

I'm looking for one close to Northamptonshire.

Thanks.
Nick

Message 15
    From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 6:56am(PDT)
Subject: Water on Driver Side Floor

I've given up on curing the air conditioning water leak on the
passenger side.  I've put in a new evaporator, twice, still spills
water onto the floor when the air conditioner is used (in Florida,
that's most of the time).  Blowing air into the drain tube somehow
unblocks something, and the water then runs out.  But now, the problem
is the carpet on the driver's side is soaked too.  We're in kind of a
drought here, the car hasn't been in the rain in a long time.  What
could be causing water to soak the driver's side carpet?

Message 16
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 6:56am(PDT)

They are called: Luxuria Sheepskin Seat Cover

They come individually so you will have to buy two. There are two
colors; white and dark grey.  These were the only seat covers I saw
at Costco but perhaps different stores carry different stock.

Nathan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "twinenginedmc12"
<twinenginedmc12_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi Nathan.
>
> Thank you for the tip.  I'm interested in doing this for my car.
Is
> there anything that will let me identify in the store the set you
used?

> Rick.
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski"
<valleyrat12_at_dml_>
> wrote:
> >
> > These are great! I had to remove the seats to install them
properly
> > which was kind of a pain but the black/gray looks really nice in
my
> > black interior car. At $80 for the set it sure beats $600 for
new
> > leather!
> >
> > Nathan
> > 2277

Message 17
    From: "mena raphael" menaraphael2002_at_dml_yahoo.com.au
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 6:56am(PDT)
Subject: Re: De Lorean merchandise?

you can check out delorean.com for delorean
merchandise

On Yahoo!7
Dating: It's free to join and check out our great singles!
http://www.yahoo7.com.au/personals

Message 18
    From: "John Spangler" johnspangler_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 6:57am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Mazel Identity i1 (gullwings)

Fascinating that none of the articles really even mention the gullwing
doors as a feature.  The articles focus on the body style by sections
and describe the interior, but that's about it.  Only two or three
pics with the door open.  That's what I'd be displaying!  Otherwise it
looks like a lot of other cars.

Thanks for the info!

-John
az-d.org

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Oops.  It looks like the original links I sent were broken, so here
they are with tinyurl.

> This is a cool new concept car with gullwing doors.
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/eg2lh
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/h4k9k
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/jbzg6
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/jhyyx
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/gdtvd
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/krqbz
>
>  http://tinyurl.com/esru3
>
> Moderators, if you happen to catch this on time, you can just delete
the first one I sent that has the broken links.  Sorry.

Message 19
    From: "Joshua Schwartz" Joshieloo_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 8:22am(PDT)
Subject: eBay VIN 16558

There is a DeLorean on ebay right now, VIN 16558 ( eBay VIN 16558
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4641652729&fromMakeTrack=true>
). When it was listed last, it was in prior ownership. I flew out to
Dayton, OH to check out this car. Check Ebay history here: 'jaxed' eBay
VIN Database <http://delorean.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/pv_fetch.cgi?kw=16558> .
I have pictures and a few notes on the car if anyone is interested. One
cause for concern was a tear in the metal framing of the front crumple
area, on both sides.
- Joshua Schwartz

Message 20
    From: "at88mph" at88mph_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sun May 21, 2006 8:23am(PDT)

Rob is absolutely correct! Not too long ago, I decided to upgrade my
alternator (since I have a Chevy engine, it was really cheap to get an
upgrade to a 140-160-180)  I decided to go with the 180 b/c it was only $15
more than the 140.  Well, it does great above 1k rpm, but at idle its
EXACTLY like the DeLorean stock alternator....it falls well below 13v on the
gauge.  Once you get going though, it works fine.  The stock 95 amp
alternator actually did a better job at idle.  I'm going to swap it to a 140
shortly.

Duke