From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 2:27 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3256

From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com

From: "Daniel" dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com

From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com

From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

From: "Chris Pilcic" chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com

From: "Sandor Piszar" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

From: "stefandmc" stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca

From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com

From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

From: "Travis Graham" tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com

From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

14. How many DeLoreans do you own?
From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com

15. Re: Chicago Show '06
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

16. Re: Chicago Show '06
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

17. Re: Rough running Cold
From: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

18. Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

19. Re: DMC Ski Rack
From: "Susan Zimmer" zimmer_at_dml_cox.net

20. A/C Trouble
From: "Robert Moseley" videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com

21. Re: Adjusting Doors
From: "Jim Reeve" dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com

22. Re: Chicago Show '06 (construction and alternate routes)
From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net

Message 1
From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com
Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:51am(PDT)
Subject: Re: 180A Altenator.

On 5/22/06, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
> FWIW, 01860 has been running with the 180A alternator for over a year
> no with no problems.
>
> In comparison of the "idle voltage" of the 180A unit versus the stock
> 90A, I'll take the 180A any day.

Quite frankly, I think my 180A already had problems when it arrived.
There were some odd issues - for example, when I disconnected the sense wire during troubleshooting, it still charged (!). I know I hooked it up correctly; I even called the vendor to double-check and they agreed with the manner in which I had wired it.

> The mistake most people make is thinking a high-power alternator will
> fix all of their electrical problems.

Turns out I didn't have electrical problems - although tightening the grounds did make a very slight difference in power transmission - just a flaky alternator.

Message 2
    From: "Daniel" dmcburn75_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:53am(PDT)
Subject: Clutch pedal adjustment help

Hello all,

I have the adjustable clutch linkage installed in my car. However, the clutch pedal is about 4 inches higher than the brake pedal. I also noticed there is NO BOLT in the 10mm stop bolt bracket. Should there be a bolt here? And to adjust the pedal down would I increase the distance between the clevises or decrease the distance? Thank you very much for all help you could give me.
-Dan/4160

Message 3
    From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:53am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Adjusting Doors

FWIW, I have the same problem on my passenger door with the thicker Grady seals...

Here's the issue as I see it: The seals are pressing against the door too hard, so the door is being pushed away from the striker pins. This puts a fair amount of pressure on the latches via the striker pins, enough to prevent the door from opening using the outside handle.
You'll notice the inside handle, which has much more strength to the lock linkage than the outer, will open the door just fine in this situation (though with a "pop" noise and much more pressure than usual). When you push down on the door, you are compressing the seals enough that the latches & striker pins don't have so much pressure on them and the outer handle is now able to release the latches.

Moving the striker pins out somewhat should help (not straight out - the door closes in an arc, so you'll have to come out and up.
Determining exactly where to place these things is a real pain!).
Unfortunately my pins only go so far out, and it's not enough to ensure smooth opening all the time. Sometimes I'm OK, sometimes I'm not.

A word of warning, your outer door handle is probably going to break from this abuse. It's plastic and every time you pull on it while the door is "jammed" like this, you're stressing it severely. Mine broke off on my hand while trying to adjust the linkage and I had to buy a new aluminum replacement from DMCH to the tune of ~$90. I recommend leaving the window down while you learn to adjust the striker pins and use the inside handle to open the door. If you can get it so the inside handle opens it easily, then try opening from the outside.

-Ryan

On 5/18/06, jedimasterglenn <jedimasterglenn_at_dml_comcast.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My driver's side door closes, latches and locks fine, but is difficult
> to open.  When I pull the handle, the door doesn't budge.  It feels
> like it's locked.  If I put my left hand on the door and push down and
> toward the car as I pull the handle with my right hand, it opens
> immediately (imagine tracing a vertical line from the front of the
> toll booth window, down to the door trim...that's where I put my left
> hand).
>
> I had the inner and outer door seals done on both doors (used PJ
> grady's larger size seals).  The door opened fine before this was
> done, so logic says I need to adjust the door somehow...but I'm not
> sure where to begin.  Any tips anyone?
>
> Thanks!
> Glenn

Message 4
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:54am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Rough running Cold

My car will do this some times. I am assuming it is a tempermental warm up regulator.

Nathan
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "drumminscorp" <drumminscorp_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> I have read just about every post I could find on this subject but
not
> able to solve the problem. Car starts well. Idles fine when cold.
Step
> on the accellerator it coughs and tries to stall. About the time
that
> the vacuum cuts out from the warm up regulator the car runs fine (I
> monitored it with a vacuum guage). I checked for vacuum leaks in
that
> area and do not have any. Car pulls almost 20" vacuum. I have
replaced
> the Idle speed computer and the cold start regulator. Any
suggestions?

Message 5
    From: "Chris Pilcic" chrisdmc82_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:55am(PDT)
Subject: Chicago Show '06

  Hello All,

  Leave it to me, the news guy, to post this.  I wanted everyone heading to the car show next month to have a fair warning.  I'm pretty sure most of us will be using this route!

  Chris Pilcic
  10882
  -----------------
  Photo enforcement van nabbing speeders on Dan Ryan

  CHICAGO (AP) - Drivers on the Dan Ryan Expressway beware. New photo-enforcement vans on the expressway have started nabbing speeders, and violators will soon begin receiving 375 dollar tickets in the mail. The Illinois State Police is putting in the radar vans on the Chicago expressway -- which is currently undergoing a $600 (m) million dollar reconstruction.
  Officials say about 250 speeders were caught in two-and-a-half hours when the program began on Saturday.
  The photo-enforcement vans take a picture of the driver and the car's rear license plate. The tickets include copies of the photos and the speed the vehicle was traveling at the time.The speed limit in the Dan Ryan construction zone is 45 miles-per-hour, but the photo enforcement vans are being used only when construction workers are present.

Message 6
    From: "Sandor Piszar" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:56am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Water on Driver Side Floor

Fortunatly my car doesn't have water issues (knock on wood!!!).  I was responding to another post.

However I still would like to take you up on your offer to use your lift!

Sandor
# 3002

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Sandor,
>  when was the last time you washed your car? I have found that
water
> enters the car threw the windshield post trim & some cars the vent
> duct (under dash on pass side} gets cracks & lets water in, But if
> you want call me we can lift it up & check out all possibilities.
> Lawrence

[moderator snip]

Message 7
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:56am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Raffle Car Update

Whats the most cars any one has any way? I have 5 cars, I
disassembled 2. now I have 3 driving cars & just put a bid in on
another For the DEA. they were all running when I got them, I just
like to dis-member them & check them out all the way,

Lawrence
vin's/00538m,00915a,1024m,4873a,10497a & hopefully 10003m

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Back to Rich??  Not if I win the raffle car!!  :)
>
> --- kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:
>
> > Anyway I am now down to 4 DeLoreans and after June
> > 17th it will be 3.
> > So I think the honor of most DeLoreans goes back to
> > Rich.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Message 8
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:57am(PDT)
Subject: Top Gear

Hi everyone not in the UK,

Not really DeLorean related, and for that I apologise, but we're all
car-nuts hear aren't we?

Top Gear is one of the UK's highest rating TV shows and if you're into
cars, it's thoroughly entertaining and often downright funny. It's
unlike any other car show you're likely to see and us lot over here all
watch it religiously on a Sunday night. To the point: The BBC are going
all broadband crazy and you can watch the program on the web at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/ - currently the episode available is the
first in the series (and includes a high speed crash in the new
Koenigsegg CCX). The third was screened yesterday so it's a couple of
weeks out of date. The second episode features the Corvette Z06....
well, see for yourself

Message 9
    From: "stefandmc" stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:57am(PDT)
Subject: Rough Idle on Cold Start

So this is what I did, I just replaced my idle speed motor with a
brand new one which works perfect, however on a cold start the engine
idle fluctuates from about 600 rpm to 1500rpm very violently, but I
adjusted the fuel mixture and the car idles perfect when warm its just
on cold start that it idles bad. I dont have any vaccuum leaks that I
know of, plus I had a mechanic check for vaccum leaks with some macine
a few months ago. So im not sure what to check. Any ideas?

Message 10
    From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:58am(PDT)

Just got back from Josh and Flavia's wedding: Delorean/BTTF/TimeTravel
theme, period costumes, a really great time!

it was a nice day, so I took Johnny's X

5 DeLoreans there including the Raffle Car - Ken is right, it is
really looking good, and someone is going to get a great car for
$50.00

guess I am going to have to start working on getting 3307 running soon
- might be one of the few chances to have more running Deloreans than
Ken....

Cliff

3441 UK SS Exhaust
3307 needs a lot of work
6147 EFI
4523 Johnny's X

On Sun, 21 May 2006 22:07:43 EDT, Ken Koncelik wrote:

>I took some pictures of the raffle car today.
<snip>
>Anyway I am now down to 4 DeLoreans and after June 17th it will be 3.
<snip>

Message 11
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:58am(PDT)
Subject: Re: adjustment nut on tranny......

First you have to mark the notch that's inside the lock, then you
undo the lock bolt remove lock, then with a punch (DO NOT USE A
CHISEL OR SHARP END TOOL) tap the cup to the left or up, this will
be had for about 4 notches, carefully & slowly aluminum will fuse &
melt from friction, when putting cup back on mack sure to use gear
lube heavily on all the cup threads & put back where mark is Install
lock tab & tighten bolt, I just did this on sat, 20th at the
Michigan spring meet II on a Canadian owners car,

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Hudgins" <painterdave72_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> I am wondering if any one has taken the adj nut off the tranny to
replace the
> oring on the side .. you know the one on the left side outside of
the lip seal.. I
> have already replaced both lip seals and I can see the oring is
wet and
> leaking slightly.. Rob Grady said to post here to see how people
take it off
> cause I dont have the tool to do it.. I know u have to count the
turns and mark it
> but that shouldnt be a problem.. I just want to get this drip
fixed.. its
> annoying..Dave....vin.. 15275

Message 12
    From: "Travis Graham" tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 6:59am(PDT)
Subject: Fuel line near catalytic converter

I was changing a fuel filter the other day and when re-installing it,
did the usual positioning to keep the fuel hose as far away from the
catalytic converter as possible... that got me thinking: should this
hose be periodically (maybe after 25 years on the job?) replaced
simply because of the extreme heat that it is constantly exposed to?
If this hose were to fail, the car is history!  A new hose is cheap
insurance.

I bring it up because of a known issue with another vehicle that I
own, where the oil cooler lines have a similar non-ideal routing and
are prime suspects for engine fires.  The standard operating
procedure for that vehicle is periodic replacement (every decade or so).

Is our DeLorean's fuel supply hose a concern?  Or, am I just being
overly-paranoid about it?

Travis

Message 13
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 7:00am(PDT)

The tool does make it easy and prevents you from damaging the nut. It
can be done without the tool. Clean the area and put a drop of paint
(or nail polish) on the nut and the case to mark the exact position.
Using a blunt tool (like an old flat-bladed screwdriver or a drift
punch) a couple of taps should loosen the nut and you can finish
removing it by hand as you count the # of turns. You probably don't
even need a new "O" ring. Silicone should work fine. Reinstalling is
the reverse. BE CAREFUL NOT TO TURN THE NUT PAST YOUR PAINT MARK.
Doing this will throw critical adjustments off and dramaticaly shorten
the life of the final drive. If the output flange has a groove worn
into it you will need a "Speedi-Sleeve" or have the flange machined so
the new seal won't leak. Check the level of the lubricant in the
transmission when finished. Too much and it will leak, too little and
things will wear faster and be harder to shift.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Hudgins" <painterdave72_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I am wondering if any one has taken the adj nut off the tranny to
replace the
> oring on the side .. you know the one on the left side outside of
the lip seal.. I
> have already replaced both lip seals and I can see the oring is wet and
> leaking slightly.. Rob Grady said to post here to see how people
take it off
> cause I dont have the tool to do it.. I know u have to count the
turns and mark it
> but that shouldnt be a problem.. I just want to get this drip
fixed.. its
> annoying..Dave....vin.. 15275

Message 14
    From: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:45am(PDT)
Subject: How many DeLoreans do you own?

Got me beat...

1860 (Automatic, Black, Legend Engine)
6049 (5 speed, gray, stock engine..  Needs resto work)
6068 (5 speed, gray, Nissan VQ35 engine)

--- Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net> wrote:

> Whats the most cars any one has any way? I have 5
> cars, I
> disassembled 2. now I have 3 driving cars & just put
> a bid in on
> another For the DEA. they were all running when I
> got them, I just
> like to dis-member them & check them out all the
> way,
>
> Lawrence
> vin's/00538m,00915a,1024m,4873a,10497a & hopefully
> 10003m

Message 15
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:46am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Chicago Show '06

They tried this in Canada and it failed miserably. As I recall
everyone refused to pay the tickets because the ticket volume was so
high. I am sad to hear it is happening here in the US.

Nathan
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_...> wrote:

>   Hello All,
>
>   Leave it to me, the news guy, to post this.  I wanted everyone
heading to the car show next month to have a fair warning.  I'm
pretty sure most of us will be using this route!

>   Chris Pilcic
>   10882
>   -----------------
>   Photo enforcement van nabbing speeders on Dan Ryan
>
>   CHICAGO (AP) - Drivers on the Dan Ryan Expressway beware. New
photo-enforcement vans on the expressway have started nabbing
speeders, and violators will soon begin receiving 375 dollar tickets
in the mail. The Illinois State Police is putting in the radar vans
on the Chicago expressway -- which is currently undergoing a $600
(m) million dollar reconstruction.
>   Officials say about 250 speeders were caught in two-and-a-half
hours when the program began on Saturday.
>   The photo-enforcement vans take a picture of the driver and the
car's rear license plate. The tickets include copies of the photos
and the speed the vehicle was traveling at the time.The speed limit
in the Dan Ryan construction zone is 45 miles-per-hour, but the
photo enforcement vans are being used only when construction workers
are present.

Message 16
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:53am(PDT)

We actually did cover this - and there's very little reason to be
driving that route in association with DCS2006, no matter where you
are coming from (unless you happen to live within the south side of
the city of Chicago). This will not impact anyone coming from any
other direction. The Interstate goes north/south from approximately
95th street into downtown Chicago.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Pilcic <chrisdmc82_at_dml_...> wrote:

>   Hello All,
>
>   Leave it to me, the news guy, to post this.  I wanted everyone
heading to the car show next month to have a fair warning.  I'm
pretty sure most of us will be using this route!

>   Chris Pilcic
>   10882
>   -----------------
>   Photo enforcement van nabbing speeders on Dan Ryan
>
>   CHICAGO (AP) - Drivers on the Dan Ryan Expressway beware. New
photo-enforcement vans on the expressway have started nabbing
speeders, and violators will soon begin receiving 375 dollar tickets
in the mail. The Illinois State Police is putting in the radar vans
on the Chicago expressway -- which is currently undergoing a $600 (m)
million dollar reconstruction.

Message 17
    From: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:53am(PDT)

  I've seen several DeLorean's do this (my own included) and the solution was one of these two:

  - Clogged CPR screen
  - Mixture mildly too lean, which was my problem

  Make sure the hose inlet screen is clean in the CPR (it's easy to clean up), and fix any vacuum leaks that may be causing your mixture to lean out.  Finally, double check the mixture screw with an exhaust gas analyzer, and don't forget to plug the adjustment screw hole.

  I should note, in all the cases I mention the car only ran rough when cold for a few seconds, up to maybe 2 minutes, only during acceleration.

  Jake Kamphoefner
  1063

wrote:

> I have read just about every post I could find on this subject but
not
> able to solve the problem. Car starts well. Idles fine when cold.
Step
> on the accellerator it coughs and tries to stall. About the time
that
> the vacuum cuts out from the warm up regulator the car runs fine (I
> monitored it with a vacuum guage). I checked for vacuum leaks in
that
> area and do not have any. Car pulls almost 20" vacuum. I have
replaced
> the Idle speed computer and the cold start regulator. Any
suggestions?

Message 18
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:54am(PDT)
Subject: Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)

AS with the other events if you are going to park inside the Dupage
(concours and specialty cars) remember bring it in

EMPTY to 1/4 Tank full.

Fire code requires as little gas as possible and TAPE the gas caps.
concours cars do it after the trunk judging so that during the day people do not try to take the caps off and have gas vapors escape.

Message 19
    From: "Susan Zimmer" zimmer_at_dml_cox.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:54am(PDT)
Subject: Re: DMC Ski Rack

Dave,
I'm in Capistrano Beach, California and have my DMC ski/ luggage rack still
in the original box. I never got to use it.  If you'd be interested, I can
open the box and take some digital photos.  I see you have gmail so you can
receive hi-res photos without clobbering your inbox.  As for a price, we can
haggle...
Let me know, OK?

Susan Zimmer
"NO WAX"

    From: "Robert Moseley" videobob_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 11:56am(PDT)
Subject: A/C Trouble

Hi guys, long time no see....
My car has been down for about 6 months or more with a bad water pump
and etc....I have started a new exiting job working for Pantera
drummer Vinnie-Paul on his new record label. We just released the
first album and it is doing well on the charts. I also helped produce
a DVD that is number one right now (in music video) and of course all
the associated
things like music videos, posters, shirts, all the graphic stuff.

So all this exitement has had me too busy to work on my car.
I finally paid a local mechanic to swap the pump for me and it
is running cool again.

Here's my problem.
When you first fire up the car the A/C compressor comes on
and blows nice and cold.
About 5, 10 minutes down the road the pump stops and the
cold slowly fades to room temp (which becomes fog in the
humidity!)

Why is that it wouold start up, stop, and then not start
again until after the car is off and cool again?
Is there a sensor or relay I need to check?

ALSO: On the wireing to the compressor, there is a small
harness that has a red wire that is coild, and runs to
the inside of the front of the compressor, and the other
wire starts off as white, but is split to black, and it
just hanging there.....
I checked a friends car and his looks to be a ground that
is fixed to the bottom of the engine.
Mine has a little end on it and I can't figure out where
it goes.... any ideas?

BTW: I know people are going to ask me about this....
I did do the conversion to my car to the BTTF time machine,
for the most part. I built the vents out of wood and painted them,
and put together most of the inside. It was supposed to be a mock
up to use for an event.
I was going through some personal troubles and decided to sell
the car on eBay and a guy in Brazil bought it for $26,500 and
paid me for it and it waiting to make preparations to have it
shipped to him. So for now the car is still in my possesion
but needs to be shipped out.
I will be attending the Chicago show but without my car.
I will have a store set up, and will be video taping the event.

Message 21
    From: "Jim Reeve" dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 0:02pm(PDT)

While it is true that the original outer door handles are relatively
weak, this problem is more likely related to the adjustable linkage
from the outer door handle to the bellcrank, rather than just weakness
on the door handle's part.  I have personally adjusted latch and lock
linkage in numerous DeLoreans.  The most common problem I see is the
linkage connecting the outer door handle to the bellcrank walks itself
backwards, and just barely, if at all, pulls the bellcrank far enough
to release the latches.  Its a cable and sleve connection (just like
the trunk and engine lid) and is easy to adjust.  Only the upper trim
piece on the door needs to be removed.  Once your in the door, pull up
all the way on the interior handle, watch the linkage where it goes.
Next, reach around the door and pull up all the way on  the exterior
handle, and notice the difference.  The linkage will likely travel
significantly less.  Adjust as necessary.

Another thing to check as long as your in the door is the
synchronization of the latches.  Have someone pull up on the handle
with your fingers or two scewdrivers in each latched latch.  If they
release at different times, adjust them to be in sync as well.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Here's the issue as I see it: The seals are pressing against the door
> too hard, so the door is being pushed away from the striker pins. This
> puts a fair amount of pressure on the latches via the striker pins,
> enough to prevent the door from opening using the outside handle.
> You'll notice the inside handle, which has much more strength to the
> lock linkage than the outer, will open the door just fine in this
> situation (though with a "pop" noise and much more pressure than
> usual). When you push down on the door, you are compressing the seals
> enough that the latches & striker pins don't have so much pressure on
> them and the outer handle is now able to release the latches.
>

> -Ryan
>

> On 5/18/06, jedimasterglenn <jedimasterglenn_at_dml_...> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > My driver's side door closes, latches and locks fine, but is difficult
> > to open.  When I pull the handle, the door doesn't budge.  It feels
> > like it's locked.  If I put my left hand on the door and push down and
> > toward the car as I pull the handle with my right hand, it opens
> > immediately (imagine tracing a vertical line from the front of the
> > toll booth window, down to the door trim...that's where I put my left
> > hand).

Message 22
    From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net
    Date: Tue May 23, 2006 0:02pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Chicago Show '06 (construction and alternate routes)

Chris and others,

I mentioned this back on April 10th, in post 62536, which also
was a repeat construction warning post from March, post 61894.

Similar details were also repeated in several "Caravan to DCS"
posts in the last few months, most of them with construction
isssues addressed.  Unlike the night-time only construction in
California and other states, Illinois construction can run day
and night, especially in the higher profile construction zones
like the Dan Ryan project from Chicago to the Indiana border.

As mentioned before, the Dan Ryan project should not directly
impact travel to DCS 2006, since the route would be way out of
your way when trying to get to Pheasant Run Resort.  Indirect
impacts include the other expressways taking up alternate route
traffic from the Dan Ryan, which may cause other traffic delays
in other smaller construction zones on the way to Pheasant Run.

One such route is I-294 North from I-80, which is a main route
that most folks East of the Illinois/Indiana border will take
to Pheasant Run.  I-294 North from I-80 does have several small
construction zones around the Toll Plazas until just past the
I-88 exits, as I-294 meets up with I-290.  If possible, do not
plan to traverse this route during morning or evening rush hour.

For more details on suggested routes to Pheasant Run Resort,
check the "Getting to DCS 2006" links and pages on the DMC club
website: www.deloreanmidwest.com   I hope to have some specific
mile marker construction info listed after Memorial Day weekend.