From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:36 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3258

1. Re: Rough Idle on Cold Start
From: "stefan diklich" stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca

2. Re: Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)
From: "Travis Graham" tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com

3. Re: Top Gear
From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk

4. Hot Start Problem
From: "Alistair McCann" pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk

5. Vacuum Lines
From: "Jason" rowejj_at_dml_tds.net

6. Re: A/C Trouble
From: "Warren Wallingford" warren_at_dml_usadmc.com

Message 1
From: "stefan diklich" stefandmc_at_dml_yahoo.ca
Date: Wed May 24, 2006 7:54pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Rough Idle on Cold Start

I check my injectors not too long ago, i checked 5 out of the 6 i could reach and checked the spray pattern and they all sparyed the same in a pattern which seemed correct, in a "fan" pattern. Im thinking about replacing the oring that is part of the idle speed system. Part # 102293
---
John Hervey <john_at_dml_specialtauto.com> wrote:
Stefan
Check the injectors.

    From: "Travis Graham" tgraham_at_dml_noroads.com
    Date: Wed May 24, 2006 7:54pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)

Hi Ken,

 From reading the show website, I was under the impression that all
cars (at least, all cars being judged) would be *inside* the DuPage
center, much like it was done in 2004.  Is that not the case?  Are we
inside or outside?

Travis

On May 24, 2006, at 2:27 AM, dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com wrote:

> AS with the other events if you are going to park inside the Dupage
> (concours and specialty cars) remember bring it in
>
> EMPTY to 1/4 Tank full.

Message 3
    From: "Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd" martin_at_dml_delorean.co.uk
    Date: Wed May 24, 2006 7:58pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Top Gear

It's been pointed out to me that this is not available outside the
UK.... but thanks to Chris Almy who pointed me to www.finalgear.com for
torrent downloads. (don't bother with 5th gear)

The show just keeps getting better over here, really wanted to  share it
with you guys across the pond

Right! It's 11:11pm, and Marc Levy and Josh Haldeman (and other  halves
:-) are crashing out at my place (dunno how they've managed  to stay up
so long), delivering Josh and Flavia to the station  tomorrow at 6am and
then leaving for Belfast at 6:30, three D's in  convoy. Dan and I have
both taken Marc out for a spin and acared him to death on our country
roads "we just don't have roads like this at home!"

I tole' you, dint I?

I'm tired.....

Message 4
    From: "Alistair McCann" pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk
    Date: Wed May 24, 2006 7:58pm(PDT)
Subject: Hot Start Problem

Hi all

I noticed tiday that my car was giving the classic Hot Start problem, the only thing is I
changed the fuel accumulator last year and the pump the year before that...

The car will fire up right away on the morning from cold but will be hard to start when left for
say 2-3 hours.

I can smell gas when cranking and if I let the fuel pump run for a few seconds before turning
the key it seems to make it easier to start...I will still have to crank for about 10-15 seconds
though.

I know that I have to replace either the accumulator or the pump but which one would be the
main culprit??

Or is there anything else that it could be - the fact that I can smell gas is strange as isnt that
the problem with the engine not starting the lack of gas??

Alistair McCann.

Message 5
    From: "Jason" rowejj_at_dml_tds.net
    Date: Wed May 24, 2006 8:00pm(PDT)
Subject: Vacuum Lines

    Hi all, this may be tough and maybe not but I was wondering if someone could
give a list of all the vacuum lines. I'd like to go through and check all mine so I'd like
to have a sort of checklist so I don't miss any. Any help will be appreciated.

                                                  Jason #5903

Message 6
    From: "Warren Wallingford" warren_at_dml_usadmc.com
    Date: Wed May 24, 2006 8:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: A/C Trouble

How 'bout that?  Maybe the clutch was sticking all this time.  There is
a procedure for adjusting the air gap, [and removal of the clutch], in
the Workshop Manual.  Take the clutch assembly off the compressor shaft
and see if the splines or the clutch plate itself are boogered up.
Reset the gap and put the belt back on.  You won't have to purge the
system of R12 to do this.
Warren at DMC