From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 2:43 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3259

1. Re: TiVo / DVR alert!
From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com

2. Re: Top Gear
From: "Ken Baker" kenbaker1265_at_dml_msn.com

3. Tonight's "'80s Tech" Modern Marvels segment
From: "Andrew" yahoo_at_dml_fuh-q.org

4. Re: Cracked Winshield in Western Maryland!
From: "Rod Dillman" rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com

5. Re: Vacuum Lines
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

6. Re: Hot Start Problem
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

7. Re: Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

8. Re: Vacuum Lines
From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com

9. Re: adjustment nut on tranny......
From: "David Hudgins" painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com

10. Re: Hot Start Problem
From: "PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Hot Start Problem
From: "Warren Wallingford" warren_at_dml_usadmc.com

12. Re: TiVo / DVR alert!
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

Message 1
From: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com
Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:03pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: TiVo / DVR alert!

Wow, that was actually a really good segment on DeLoreans!  There were only a few minor inacuracies, and they told the truth about the cocaine deal.  Maybe this will finally help clear up a lot of the rumors.

Chuck

James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com> wrote: Set your TiVo's and DVR's for next weeks episode of "Modern Marvels: 80s Tech" on the History Channel. I have it on good authority that our favorite car will be making an appearance!

80s Tech will be premiering during the History Channel's "Great Inventions Week" (May 24-27), to coincide with the "Invent Now Challenge".

The show is currently scheduled to premiere on The History Channel on

May 24, 2006
10:00 p.m. ET/PT
May 25, 2006
2:00 a.m.  ET/PT

We recommend that you check your local listings to confirm the airtime in your area / time zone.  Please note that some satellite service airtimes may differ.

You can also check out www.historychannel.com/modernmarvels/ for upcoming episodes, air dates and show descriptions.
Or go to the network's main page www.historychannel.com/ and click "TV SCHEDULE" at the top left for all History Channel programming info by date & time zone.

More information about this event can be found at http://www.historychannel.com/invent/.
Please note that there is a chance that this particular airing of 80s Tech might be slightly shorter to accommodate "Great Inventions Week"
host wraps.
The complete 80s Tech program will be shown for all subsequent broadcasts.

Message 2
    From: "Ken Baker" kenbaker1265_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Top Gear

Martin,

I checked the finalgear website and could not find anythign DeLorean related on their search. Can you assist with this?

Best Regards,

Ken Baker
Sales Executive
Rolls-Royce/Bentley Fort Lauderdale
561-866-1601
www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com<http://www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com/>
    From: "Andrew" yahoo_at_dml_fuh-q.org
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:06pm(PDT)
Subject: Tonight's "'80s Tech" Modern Marvels segment

I've put up a torrent for the (extensive) Delorean segment on tonight's
episode of Modern Marvels at http://fuh-q.org/~aos/mm-dmc.torrent

The clip itself is 64MB in size and is encoded with XviD.

I'll seed it for about a week.  Enjoy!

-andrew

Message 4
    From: "Rod Dillman" rhdillman_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:06pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Cracked Winshield in Western Maryland!

I should have said Safelite HAD the glass a couple of years ago when I checked with them. My car developed a small "C" shaped crack, drivers side lower edge.  Most of the crack is in the shaded area and I choose not to replace it since it passes state inspection. Rod

conundrum1984 <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:  Rod,
Thought DMCH was the only place?

Matt

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Rod Dillman wrote:

> Matt, Safelite Auto Glass has the glass and will replace the
windshield. Call 1-800-835-2257 to locate the shop nearest you. They
have one warehouse in Greensboro NC with over 3.5 million pices of
auto glass. Good Luck. Rod

Message 5
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Vacuum Lines

It should be glued to the underside of your engine cover.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <rowejj_at_dml_...> wrote:

>     Hi all, this may be tough and maybe not but I was wondering if
someone could
> give a list of all the vacuum lines. I'd like to go through and check
all mine so I'd like
> to have a sort of checklist so I don't miss any. Any help will be
appreciated.

Message 6
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Hot Start Problem

Do the plug swap to confirm the hot start problem. If that helps it
means you are not holding up your "Rest Pressure". There can be
several reasons. One of the more common is the accumulator. A fuel
leak can cause it too. So can a leaky Primary Pressure Regulator and
the check valve on the fuel pump. Since you say the accumulator and
the fuel pump are relatively new I would suspect the Primary Pressure
Regulator. Disassemble and clean it. I would also inspect the fuel
tank. If there is a lot of crud at the bottom you could have a dirty
check valve on the fuel pump.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I noticed tiday that my car was giving the classic Hot Start
problem, the only thing is I
> changed the fuel accumulator last year and the pump the year before
that...

> The car will fire up right away on the morning from cold but will be
hard to start when left for
> say 2-3 hours.
>
> I can smell gas when cranking and if I let the fuel pump run for a
few seconds before turning
> the key it seems to make it easier to start...I will still have to
crank for about 10-15 seconds
> though.
>
> I know that I have to replace either the accumulator or the pump but
which one would be the
> main culprit??
>
> Or is there anything else that it could be - the fact that I can
smell gas is strange as isnt that
> the problem with the engine not starting the lack of gas??
>
> Alistair McCann.

Message 7
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:07pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Parking cars inside the Dupage (GAS)

Ken's off to Ireland for a few days (I wonder why) and will not be
doing much email.

Anyway - Parking inside will be Millennium Concours cars, all
the "special interest" cars and a few others that can fit up to maybe
20. The vendors and the museum exhibit are all inside, as is dinner
and the evening's entertainment on Friday and Saturday.

Everyone else will be outside behind the DuPage Expo in a large
rolling grassy area that used to be a golf driving range (luckily for
your stainless, it isn't a driving range anymore!). He'll have tents
set up etc. for other activities. And don't forget the dunking booth.

Dave Swingle (local help)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Travis Graham <tgraham_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi Ken,
>
>  From reading the show website, I was under the impression that
all
> cars (at least, all cars being judged) would be *inside* the
DuPage
> center, much like it was done in 2004.  Is that not the case?  Are
we
> inside or outside?
>
> Travis
>

> On May 24, 2006, at 2:27 AM, dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com wrote:
>
> > AS with the other events if you are going to park inside the
Dupage
> > (concours and specialty cars) remember bring it in
> >
> > EMPTY to 1/4 Tank full.

Message 8
    From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:08pm(PDT)

John Hervey (Special T Auto) has a great reference diagram on his web
site:

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/images/ported-vac-diagram.jpg

this diagram does not include the lines that go from the intake
manifold to the brake assist and heater/AC controls, but they can be
found on DMC Houston's site:

http://delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=85&PageCat=7%2DHeating%2C+Ventilation+and+A%2FC
and
http://delorean.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=15&PageCat=1%2DEngine

good luck, Cliff

On Wed, 24 May 2006 21:33:59 -0400, you wrote:

>    Hi all, this may be tough and maybe not but I was wondering if someone could
>give a list of all the vacuum lines. I'd like to go through and check all mine so I'd like
>to have a sort of checklist so I don't miss any. Any help will be appreciated.
>
>                                                  Jason #5903

Message 9
    From: "David Hudgins" painterdave72_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:08pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: adjustment nut on tranny......

i have already replaced the lip seals and flanged the axels.. it is definialtly leaking out of the oring and u need to take the nut off to replace that..
thanks..Dave.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "ksgrimsr" <knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_...> wrote:

> The diagrams make it appear that you have to take the adjustment nut
> off to replace the seals, but this is not actually the case. I
> replaced my tranny seals and sleeved the flanges a little while back
> (to keep my shop floor clean), and Dave Swingle provided the
> valuable advice that the seals can be replaced without messing with
> the adjustment nut.
>

>   Knut
>

> > --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Hudgins" <painterdave72_at_dml_>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am wondering if any one has taken the adj nut off the tranny to
> > replace the
> > > oring on the side .. you know the one on the left side outside of

Message 10
    From: "PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:11pm(PDT)

Could it be the o-ring for the check valve on the fuel accumulator?   I've
heard that can cause the same symptoms as a bad accumulator.

-Patrick C.

Message 11
    From: "Warren Wallingford" warren_at_dml_usadmc.com
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:11pm(PDT)

It's probably lean, but a fuel pressure gauge will tell you about the
pump and accumulator.  Check for a vacuum leak or perhaps and idle
circuit that is not allowing any air in.  When you smell gas, look for a
leak.  Leaks affect fuel pressures, [duh], but usually give rich
mixtures at the injectors.  Once again, knowing the fuel pressures will
point you right.
Warren at DMC

Alistair McCann wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I noticed tiday that my car was giving the classic Hot Start problem, the only thing is I
> changed the fuel accumulator last year and the pump the year before that...
>
> The car will fire up right away on the morning from cold but will be hard to start when left for
> say 2-3 hours.
>
> I can smell gas when cranking and if I let the fuel pump run for a few seconds before turning
> the key it seems to make it easier to start...I will still have to crank for about 10-15 seconds
> though.
>
> I know that I have to replace either the accumulator or the pump but which one would be the
> main culprit??
>
> Or is there anything else that it could be - the fact that I can smell gas is strange as isnt that
> the problem with the engine not starting the lack of gas??
>
> Alistair McCann.

Message 12
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Thu May 25, 2006 0:17pm(PDT)

I just got to see the show. It is a great positive piece on the
Delorean and if you are a fan of James you get to see a lot of him.
This kind of positive publicity on a major cable channel can only
improve the image (and the prices) of all Deloreans. For those
knowledgable about Deloreans there is nothing new but it is very
informative for those who would be interested in Deloreans. Everyone
should try to catch the show if they can. I guess Steve was too shy to
go on the show. Some nice shots of the early days and the warehouse
in Texas.