From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:37 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3260

1. Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

2. Ebay JZD Letters check out auction
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

3. Delorean on History Channel When???
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

4. First update Eurofest 2006 website
From: "frenkieboy" dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl

5. Re: Cracked Winshield in Western Maryland!
From: "byrondelorean" celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com

6. Just got Delorean book - What did you think?
From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com

7. any used windshields still in shell or out for sale?????
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

8. Steering wheel shake, no brakes, and alternator whine / howl
From: "Ed B." mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net

9. Hagerty is great!
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

10. DeLorean Info on Autoblog.com
From: "deloreandmc81" shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net

11. Re: Costco sheep skin seat covers
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

12. Re: Cracked Winshield in Western Maryland!
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

13. Is this my door lock key code?
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

14. Re: any used windshields still in shell or out for sale?????
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

15. Re: Steering wheel shake, no brakes, and alternator whine / howl
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

16. Re: Monster Garage - Series Finale a few days before DCS 2006
From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net

17. Re: Steering wheel shake, no brakes, and alternator whine / howl
From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com

18. DMC Houston gets A+ for customer service
From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com

19. Re: Is this my door lock key code?
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

20. Re: Top Gear
From: "therealdmcvegas" dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com

21. IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

Message 1
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
Date: Fri May 26, 2006 7:18am(PDT)
Subject: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Ken's off to Ireland ..........
> your stainless, it isn't a driving range anymore!). He'll have
tents
> set up etc. for other activities. And don't forget the dunking
booth.

> Dave Swingle (local help)

Message 2
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 7:19am(PDT)
Subject: Ebay JZD Letters check out auction

Hey, have you people seen these yet? Here's the auction #6631332303 This guy must be NUTS or at least I think it's just crazy, he has 3 Letters that I found.
Lawrence

Message 3
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 7:28am(PDT)
Subject: Delorean on History Channel When???

I checked the schedule online and there is nothing listed on line
about auto history or other words. can someone let me know when & were.
Lawrence

Message 4
    From: "frenkieboy" dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 7:47am(PDT)
Subject: First update Eurofest 2006 website

Hi everyone,

I just posted the first update on my website :

http://www.delorean.tk/Eurofest2006/Welcome.html

I made it easy, lots of pictures from the first day (look in the head
under "to Belfast"). It takes a while for the page to load, but I hope
you like what I made.  There is an RSS feed under the head called "the
trip"

Have fun, and greetings from Ireland !!!!

Frank

Message 5
    From: "byrondelorean" celiambyron_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:18am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Cracked Winshield in Western Maryland!

I worked for an Auto Glass Company for 8 years in Massachusetts, the
Safelight that was in our area was known as a hack shop. Beware of
kids installing your glass. Beware of workers with cigarette butts
hanging out of their mouth and the crack of their ass showing. Hands
should not be shaking as they run the cold knife. The old bead
should be scraped cleaned. Primer should be applied to the frame for
better adhesion. Urethane bead should be applied nice and even all
the way around. Windshield should be laid in nice and easy. There
should be no excessive oozing of the urethane on the inside of the
car. Perhaps Rob Grady could list out instructions for removing the
moldings properly and how thick of a bead should be applied. 1/4"
1/2"?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I should have said Safelite HAD the glass a couple of years ago
when I checked with them. My car developed a small "C" shaped crack,
drivers side lower edge.  Most of the crack is in the shaded area
and I choose not to replace it since it passes state inspection. Rod

> conundrum1984 <jeepno1_397_at_dml_...> wrote:  Rod,
> Thought DMCH was the only place?
>
> Matt

[moderator snip]

Message 6
    From: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:24am(PDT)
Subject: Just got Delorean book - What did you think?

Hi All, today I just ordered DeLorean's book from Amazon.co.uk.

What did you think of the book after reading it guys?

Nick

Message 7
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:43am(PDT)
Subject: any used windshields still in shell or out for sale?????

Hello All,
I'm looking for some one with a shell with a windshield still in it so
I can take it out for use in one of my project cars? actually I need 3
of them or if you all ready hae it out email me Let me know I need one
soon.
Lawrence

Message 8
    From: "Ed B." mr.pants_at_dml_ca.inter.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:44am(PDT)
Subject: Steering wheel shake, no brakes, and alternator whine / howl

I've just started getting a rapid L/R shake in the steering wheel while
driving, commencing at low speeds of about 20mph and up, and it is not
dependent on braking  (i.e., when I brake the effect is not changed).
Alignment & all the steering stuff has been done last fall (tie rods,
ball joints, control arms & bushings, rack bushings, etc...).  This only
started recently.  I can somewhat lessen the effect by holding the wheel
very firmly.  What would this be?  Bad tires?  Could they have developed
flat-spots perhaps, after sitting all winter?  I've never experienced
this on my other cars.  I will have them checked & re-balanced when I'm
at my mechanic's place next time, but I thought I'd ask around here
first for some insight.

Also, just had the old stock alternator replaced with one of Special-T's
140A ones.  I seem to be getting what sounds like a cross between a
whine and a howl from the rear, whose pitch rises with throttle.  I'm
guessing it would be the belt/alternator misalignment maybe?  Anyone
else had this problem, and is it easy to align the pulley to the others
if that's the case? I thought they were bolt-on & no-fuss...

Thanks!
- ed

--

1982 DMC-12 [11594]
1986.5 928S

Message 9
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:47am(PDT)
Subject: Hagerty is great!

Wow they are so pleasant to deal with. I called to increase the value
of my car since doing all the work that I have done on it. No
questions, they simply added the amount and sent the increase bill in
the mail! This is a huge contrast from Mercury who didn't want to
insure the car at all. I can handle not driving more than 2500 miles a
year with service like this.
Nathan

Message 10
    From: "deloreandmc81" shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:47am(PDT)
Subject: DeLorean Info on Autoblog.com

Hey everyone,
  Just thought I'd give you all a heads up on an article that I saw on
Autoblog.com.  The article is Back To The Future: DeLorean Motor Co.
alive and kicking in Florida.  So if you want to check it out the
address is www.autoblog.com/2006/05/25/b/#comments.  Enjoy!!

James Andrew Dille

Message 11
    From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:48am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Costco sheep skin seat covers

I bought a set of these. They're OK for the price. My car has had a set of custom made sheepskins in it since new. I don't know why the original owner had them made blue. The costco ones will be in it just long enough for these to be cleaned and dyed. The quality can't be compared. Thanks to the sheepskins my seats are perfect. I clean and treat them yearly.

Nathan Sobieralski <valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
  They are called: Luxuria Sheepskin Seat Cover

They come individually so you will have to buy two. There are two
colors; white and dark grey. These were the only seat covers I saw
at Costco but perhaps different stores carry different stock.

Nathan

[moderator snip]

Message 12
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:49am(PDT)

I recently had a windshield done. Everything Byron has said is true.
The bead should be approx 3/8 to 1/2 inch varying I think the sides
were a little thicher than the top and the bottom. A lot of this has
to do with the skill of the installer and his experience. The glass
should be laid onto the bead once and not have to be "adjusted". The
guy that did mine also had a heater in his truck that he puts the
tubes of sealer in to heat them up before using. To save some money I
removed the old glass and the old sealer. I got the installer to take
the old one away. I also removed and replaced the mouldings, not a big
deal but it allowed me to paint them and again I saved the installer
some time so he gave me a break on the glass. I paid $100 and of
course he would not guarantee anything since he did not supply the
glass. The installer MUST apply primer to the fiberglass AND the
windshield where the sealer goes for proper adhesion. I also used the
time to fix all the grounding wires.
 I also had a windshield repaired. I had a small crack in the lower
left corner. The guy came and injected a clear acrylic. You can only
see the crack at certain angles when the light is just right. Again no
guarantees. That cost $50.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "byrondelorean" <celiambyron_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I worked for an Auto Glass Company for 8 years in Massachusetts, the
> Safelight that was in our area was known as a hack shop. Beware of
> kids installing your glass. Beware of workers with cigarette butts
> hanging out of their mouth and the crack of their ass showing. Hands
> should not be shaking as they run the cold knife. The old bead
> should be scraped cleaned. Primer should be applied to the frame for
> better adhesion. Urethane bead should be applied nice and even all
> the way around. Windshield should be laid in nice and easy. There
> should be no excessive oozing of the urethane on the inside of the
> car. Perhaps Rob Grady could list out instructions for removing the
> moldings properly and how thick of a bead should be applied. 1/4"
> 1/2"?
>

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Rod Dillman <rhdillman_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > I should have said Safelite HAD the glass a couple of years ago
> when I checked with them. My car developed a small "C" shaped crack,

Message 13
    From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 8:50am(PDT)
Subject: Is this my door lock key code?

I pulled the head liner off of my drivers side door and noted the
following inscription: *****/**_at_dml_ where *= a number and _at_dml_= a letter.

Nathan

Message 14
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:32pm(PDT)

The problem with that idea is the large chance of damaging the
windshield during the removal process.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I'm looking for some one with a shell with a windshield still in it so
> I can take it out for use in one of my project cars? actually I need 3
> of them or if you all ready hae it out email me Let me know I need one
> soon.
> Lawrence

Message 15
    From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:33pm(PDT)

Sounds like a problem with the front tires. You could have just lost a
wheel weight or one of the tires may be going bad. Check air pressures
and feel the sides of the tire and the tread for separations, bumps,
and damage. Have the front tires rebalanced. I would also check for
any play in the u-joints or the bolts locking them onto the steering
shaft and rack.
 The alternator MUST be properly aligned with the belt. It can be
checked with a string or a straightedge across the pulleys. A high
pitched whine is normal from an alternator when it is charging. If the
belt is loose or not aligned you would hear squealing, usually more
pronounced as you increase the speed of the motor. A "trick" is to
squirt water onto the belt at the pulley. If the noise goes away you
found the source (if it is the belt).

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ed B." <mr.pants_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I've just started getting a rapid L/R shake in the steering wheel while
> driving, commencing at low speeds of about 20mph and up, and it is not
> dependent on braking  (i.e., when I brake the effect is not changed).
> Alignment & all the steering stuff has been done last fall (tie rods,
> ball joints, control arms & bushings, rack bushings, etc...).  This
only
> started recently.  I can somewhat lessen the effect by holding the
wheel
> very firmly.  What would this be?  Bad tires?  Could they have
developed
> flat-spots perhaps, after sitting all winter?  I've never experienced
> this on my other cars.  I will have them checked & re-balanced when I'm
> at my mechanic's place next time, but I thought I'd ask around here
> first for some insight.
>
> Also, just had the old stock alternator replaced with one of
Special-T's
> 140A ones.  I seem to be getting what sounds like a cross between a
> whine and a howl from the rear, whose pitch rises with throttle.  I'm
> guessing it would be the belt/alternator misalignment maybe?  Anyone
> else had this problem, and is it easy to align the pulley to the others
> if that's the case? I thought they were bolt-on & no-fuss...
>
> Thanks!
> - ed
>
> --
>
> 1982 DMC-12 [11594]
> 1986.5 928S
> 1990 Coupe Quattro 20V

Message 16
    From: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:34pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Monster Garage - Series Finale a few days before DCS 2006

Guys,

With Jesse James being on almost every TV show this week,
from Letterman to Regis and Kelly to Martha Stewart, to
promote the "Iraq Confidential" show episode to be aired
this Sunday (custom Hummer, built in Iraq, that failed),
I thought it would be a good time to mention the series
finale of Monster Garage will be aired before DCS 2006.

In the season finale, Ultimate Old School Wagon, it is
reported that Jesse walks out on this build and does not
return, which I guess is a fitting end to the MG series.
(Jesse wanted the Iraq episode to be the series finale)
The Iraq episode was changed to a special and will be
aired Memorial Day weekend, as a tribute to the troops.

The Ultimate Old School Wagon will be aired on June 12
and then the MG episodes will be all reruns afterward.

On a related MG note, the GT40 Rock Crawler will be one
of the feature vehicles in this year's All Shelby Show
at the Volo Auto Museum on Saturday, June 3.  The GT40RC
will then be on display (and driven around?) at DCS 2006.

Message 17
    From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:34pm(PDT)

I would start by jacking up the front and check each tire by rotating
it and feeling the tread and sidewalls for any imperfection - maybe a
belt has let loose or something

I just recently replaced 2 alternators with Special-T's D-140 units -
as you mention, plug and play - nothing to "align" - give John a call,
he will take care of you

Cliff

On Fri, 26 May 2006 01:01:04 -0400, you wrote:

>I've just started getting a rapid L/R shake in the steering wheel
<snip>
>Also, just had the old stock alternator replaced with one of Special-T's
>140A ones.  I seem to be getting what sounds like a cross between a
>whine and a howl
<snip>

Message 18
    From: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:35pm(PDT)
Subject: DMC  Houston gets A+ for customer service

with the Delorean Car Show quickly approaching, I decided to take
advantage of the 3-day weekend and tackle some major work on 6147
engine top-side that I have had planned for a over a year

even though I have been collecting the necessary items for some time,
there always seems to be a number of "show stoppers"

so I placed an order with DMC Houston Monday for a LOT of small stuff,
they shipped it the same day, and it arrived Wednesday

then, when I noticed that I needed a few more things, Warren got
another shipment out yesterday that just arrived!

Cliff

Message 19
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Is this my door lock key code?

Could very well be it.  Call Houston and ask them.  I got my key code
for BB while she was there.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> I pulled the head liner off of my drivers side door and noted the
> following inscription: *****/**_at_dml_ where *= a number and _at_dml_= a letter.
>
> Nathan

Message 20
    From: "therealdmcvegas" dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Top Gear

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd

www.finalgear.com for
> torrent downloads. (don't bother with 5th gear)

Top Gear WAS on in the US last year, for a handfull of episodes. My
buddy and I being gearheads watched the show religiously, and really
digged every episode until they abruptly canceled it. He was so mad
when they canceled it, that he wrote an angrey letter to the
Discovery Channel (who were carrying it)...

They said that they planned on releasing an American version of Top
Gear that better resonated with American audiences. One that
included American hosts, as well as exclusively American vehicles.
We wrote back that it was the hosts' wit, and open opinions,
combined with the fact that American cars are boring are what made
the British show so entertaining. And who told them that Top Gear
wasn't "resonating" with anyone anyways? We never heard back.

For anyone who's never seen Top Gear, it's an great show! Without
ruining it, I'll tell you now what I learned from it:
1. I'd buy a Renault for safety any day. Preferably a Clio V6.
2. Toyota trucks have won me over as far as ruggedness is concerned.
3. If I ever chose another sports car than my DeLorean to drive,
it's going to be the Ariel Atom.
4. I have no worries about being struck by lighting in my car.

Message 21
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Fri May 26, 2006 1:37pm(PDT)
Subject: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean

I Had to disqualify myself from this auction as a former DEA,US
MARSHALL auctioneer so I figured someone here might be interested.
Here's the Link check it out.
<http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/fwtx_auto_1105.htm>
Lawrence