From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 2:35 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3261

1. Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

2. Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

3. Eurofest on USA Today
From: "dmcerik" dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com

4. Re: any used windshields still in shell or out for sale?????
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

5. DeLorean Chick Magnet
From: "IN2TIME" Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com

6. Re: Top Gear
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

7. Re: Monster Garage - Series Finale a few days before DCS 2006
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

8. Re: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

9. Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "Hank" heskin_at_dml_gmail.com

10. Florida To Chicago Caravans?
From: "Dan Harris" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

11. Re: Is this my door lock key code?
From: "James Espey" james_at_dml_delorean.com

12. Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

13. Re: Just got Delorean book - What did you think?
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

14. Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean
From: "Kermit Poling" KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net

Message 1
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com
Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:32pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: IRS AUCTION 1981 De Lorean

Uh........did you notice the date?

Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net> wrote:  I Had to disqualify myself from this auction as a former DEA,US MARSHALL auctioneer so I figured someone here might be interested.
Here's the Link check it out.

Lawrence

Message 2
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:32pm(PDT)

It appears this auction has already taken place, that Bentley would be
really great to have.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I Had to disqualify myself from this auction as a former DEA,US
> MARSHALL auctioneer so I figured someone here might be interested.
> Here's the Link check it out.
> <http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/fwtx_auto_1105.htm>
> Lawrence

Message 3
    From: "dmcerik" dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:32pm(PDT)
Subject: Eurofest on USA Today

I found this today while at work.  Look at picture number 7.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/gallery/day/flash.htm

Erik

Message 4
    From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:34pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: any used windshields still in shell or out for sale?????

I've done this a few times for some local customers & I worked for a
big glass company before so it's not to bad.just have to take your
time & be very carefull I have all the right tools to do it.
Lawrence

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> The problem with that idea is the large chance of damaging the
> windshield during the removal process.

[moderator snip]

Message 5
    From: "IN2TIME" Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:34pm(PDT)
Subject: DeLorean Chick Magnet

Anyone that doesn't think that DeLoreans are Chick Magnets should look at
the latest pictures of the Raffle Car:
http://deloreancarshow.com/delorean-raffle-car-gallery.html

Gary
IN2TIME

Message 6
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Top Gear

I want an Arieal Atom too, what an awesome car.  I priced one out, but
79K is a bit much for a toy. Did you see the video on Google, I bet
all of them are available on Google.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "therealdmcvegas" <dmcvegas_at_dml_...> wrote:

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Martin Gutkowski - DMC Ltd
> <martin_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > It's been pointed out to me that this is not available outside the
> > UK.... but thanks to Chris Almy who pointed me to
> www.finalgear.com for
> > torrent downloads. (don't bother with 5th gear)
>
> Top Gear WAS on in the US last year, for a handfull of episodes. My
> buddy and I being gearheads watched the show religiously, and really
> digged every episode until they abruptly canceled it. He was so mad
> when they canceled it, that he wrote an angrey letter to the
> Discovery Channel (who were carrying it)...

[moderator snip]

Message 7
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Monster Garage - Series Finale a few days before DCS 2006

Rich,

Can I drive the GT40?  I feel the need to run over something.  Like
another junk car.  Maybe a Yugo if you can find a junker.  And if I'm
in a really bad mood a junker D, but that would require me to be in a
really bad mood.

What about D'Rex?

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> With Jesse James being on almost every TV show this week,
> from Letterman to Regis and Kelly to Martha Stewart, to
> promote the "Iraq Confidential" show episode to be aired
> this Sunday (custom Hummer, built in Iraq, that failed),
> I thought it would be a good time to mention the series
> finale of Monster Garage will be aired before DCS 2006.
>
> In the season finale, Ultimate Old School Wagon, it is
> reported that Jesse walks out on this build and does not
> return, which I guess is a fitting end to the MG series.
> (Jesse wanted the Iraq episode to be the series finale)
> The Iraq episode was changed to a special and will be
> aired Memorial Day weekend, as a tribute to the troops.
>
> The Ultimate Old School Wagon will be aired on June 12
> and then the MG episodes will be all reruns afterward.
>
> On a related MG note, the GT40 Rock Crawler will be one
> of the feature vehicles in this year's All Shelby Show
> at the Volo Auto Museum on Saturday, June 3.  The GT40RC
> will then be on display (and driven around?) at DCS 2006.
>
> Later,
> Rich W.

Message 8
    From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:35pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?

He has already volunteeed.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:

> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_> wrote:
> >
> > Ken's off to Ireland ..........
> > your stainless, it isn't a driving range anymore!). He'll have
> tents
> > set up etc. for other activities. And don't forget the dunking
> booth.
> >
> > Dave Swingle (local help)

Message 9
    From: "Hank" heskin_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:36pm(PDT)

That's a very interesting lot.. but according to that page, the
auction already took place 5 months ago.  ;)

Does anyone know what the whole lot sold for?

-Hank

On 5/26/06, Lawrence Lormand <lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net> wrote:
> I Had to disqualify myself from this auction as a former DEA,US
> MARSHALL auctioneer so I figured someone here might be interested.
> Here's the Link check it out.
> <http://www.treas.gov/auctions/irs/fwtx_auto_1105.htm>
> Lawrence

Message 10
    From: "Dan Harris" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:37pm(PDT)
Subject: Florida To Chicago Caravans?

Well, with only about 2 more weeks to go, what's the overall general
plan so far for Florida owners who want to caravan up to the big show
together?  Two years ago for Pigeon Forge we had one group leave from
Daytona and another leave from Tampa, is that happening again, or are
we able to have one unified group this time?  And who's leaving
when?  Being way down south in the Ft Lauderdale area myself, I'll
probably come up north the night before y'all leave and meet up with
you for the rest of the trip, like I did in Daytona last time.

I'm assuming that it'd be at least a two day drive from Northern
Florida to Chicago, so has anyone pre-planned where to stop for the
overnight or will we just "wing it" (pun definitely intended!)

If possible, I think that it'd be nice to be able to arrive in
Chicago a day early on Wed the 14th, both to have a bit of time to
get a good night's sleep in before the actual show starts up on
Thursday evening, and to attend the local extra events on offer -
either/or the track/autocross activities that Rich Weissensel was
arranging for Wednesday and the Delorean/BTTF barbeque at Bob
Brandys' house Wednesday night (both are still mentioned on the
Delorean Midwest Connection web site.)  If not, and we arrive on the
Thursday, we should plan to get there as early as we can, as last
time at Pigeon forge we ran a bit late and JUST missed the opening
evening's presentation and food, plus, I understand that there are
some tech sessions earlier in the day this time.

Also, I've still got an open spot in my passenger seat, and would be
happy to pick up a rider, perhaps from someone else in the group
who's trailering and has a few extra bodies in the truck/SUV and
could spare one to keep me company?  I'll bring the laptop DVD player
& gladly share it with you if the scenery or conversation gets too
boring ;-)

So, what's everybody thinking?  If need be we can take this over to
the more local FLDMC Yahoo Group for detailed more discussion.  We
really need to get it all hammered out now, as time's getting pretty
short, and unfortunately none of us has a REAL flux capacitor at our
disposal...

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: http://www.scificruise.com
Purr-use The Cat House at: http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage

Message 11
    From: "James Espey" james_at_dml_delorean.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:38pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Is this my door lock key code?

Early door lock key codes start WR3XXX or WR5XXX. Later style locks
(doors and ignition) are W7XXX...

James

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Could very well be it.  Call Houston and ask them.  I got my key code
> for BB while she was there.
>
> Bernie
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nathan Sobieralski" <valleyrat12_at_dml_>
> wrote:
> >
> > I pulled the head liner off of my drivers side door and noted the
> > following inscription: *****/**_at_dml_ where *= a number and _at_dml_= a letter.
> >
> > Nathan
> > 2277

Message 12
    From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:38pm(PDT)

This is an old ad for the auction that occurred in Jan 06.

Roy

Message 13
    From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:43pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Just got Delorean book - What did you think?

What? And spoil it for you?

It's a great read, very interesting, but you have to remember who wrote  it.
Read all of the books on DeLorean for the best over-all picture.   Stainless
Steel Illusion is probably the least biased of them all, the rest  attempt to
be but always have an underlying agenda (though none of them are  really harsh)

Andy

In a message dated 5/26/2006 10:25:18 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com writes:

Hi All,  today I just ordered DeLorean's book from Amazon.co.uk.

What did you  think of the book after reading it guys?

Nick

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Message 14
    From: "Kermit Poling" KPoling_at_dml_Bellsouth.net
    Date: Sat May 27, 2006 0:51pm(PDT)

Not sure I understand - this auction looks like it was from last January.
Or is it being rescheduled or something?

KermitP