From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 3:29 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3264

1. Right Vent Hose Routing
From: "Wayne Wagner" dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

2. Re: E-Bay # 4645008633
From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com

3. Re: Clock - Faded and Ugly - Key Fob
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com

4. Re: E-Bay # 4645008633
From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

5. Re: Right Vent Hose Routing
From: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com

6. Final update delorean.tk Eurofest 2006 site
From: "frenkieboy" dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl

7. Re: E-Bay # 4645008633
From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Letting people use our cars
From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com

9. Daily Telegraph on Eurofest 2006
From: "joopnoordzij" noordzy_at_dml_xs4all.nl

10. Transmission Computer, Again
From: "doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com" doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com

11. I need help with cig. lighter light
From: "Jamie Hamlin" jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com

12. Re: trans seal leak... still!!
From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com

13. Re: Letting people use our cars
From: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com

14. Re: Top Gear
From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com

15. Re: Letting people use our cars
From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com

16. Re: Letting people use our cars
From: "delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com" delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com

17. Brake dust
From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com

18. Re: Top Gear
From: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com

19. Re: Letting people use our cars
From: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com

20. Re: Where did it go? Who's was it?
From: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com

21. Re: Brake dust
From: "conundrum1984" jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com

22. Looking For Coil Cover
From: "Alistair McCann" pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk

23. Re: I need help with cig. lighter light
From: "bkp944" bkp944_at_dml_comcast.net

24. DCS fun facts what do you do at lunch
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

25. Re: Brake dust
From: "Dave Phelps" dphelps17_at_dml_gmail.com

Message 1
From: "Wayne Wagner" dmc-2447_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
Date: Tue May 30, 2006 3:01am(PDT)
Subject: Right Vent Hose Routing

Question about the routing...

The vent hose (going to right door vent) fell off from it's left side recently, and I finally got around to re-attaching it.  It seems to hang rather low... I don't remember this hanging a low as it is.

Picture---> http://tinyurl.com/nbxkw

Is it supposed to be tucked directly behind the knee pad roll to where it not really visible or is it supposed to hang just below and forward of the knee roll?

Thanks.

-Wayne / VIN2447

Message 2
    From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 3:02am(PDT)
Subject: Re: E-Bay # 4645008633

This smells like a scam.  A car that nice for that price, and a VERY misinformed rediculous description...  I dunno about this one.

Corey

Message 3
    From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 3:02am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Clock - Faded and Ugly - Key Fob

What about painting it black, and using the DMC button from the key fob from the Delorean Owners Association store.  Anyone have this key fob, is the button removable, and would it fit on top of the clock?

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_... wrote:

> I'd rather replace the clock, but if you want small letters, use
the ones
> that go in the wheel center caps.  Those are about the right size
for what  you
> want.
>
> Andy
>

> In a message dated 5/28/2006 8:29:59 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> tuxdarby_at_dml_... writes:
>
> My clock  is faded/frosted, really takes away from an otherwise
> beautiful  interior.  Anybody have any suggestions on how to make
it
> look  better, a short term fix until I figure out the best long
term
> solution.  How about painting it black, just to blend it in.  If
so,
> what paint matches the best. Would be nice to paint it black, then
put
> on the DMC logo similar to the pieces used on the door sill,
anyone
> know where to get small ones like that.  Any  suggestions?
>

> Fargo, ND
> 1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Message 4
    From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 3:04am(PDT)

Just to clear up the emails I got after I posted, I know absolutely nothing about this.  I replied to the previous posting about the fishy eBay auction describing the "new plant".  Sounds like a load of *you know what* to me, but anything is possible I suppose.

Check out the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean-DeLorean-1981-DeLorean-
Immaculate-with-John-Ds-
Signature_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ31830QQitemZ4645008633QQrdZ1

After all of the DeLorean scams on eBay lately, I have a feeling this is another, especially due to the strange looking JZD signature that doesn't match my authentic one or any other signatures from him I have seen.  I find it also intriguing that the seller flew in the last remaining DeLorean mechanic to work on his car.  Lol.

-Patrick C.
1880

On May 29, 2006, at 9:03 PM, PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> "New DeLoreans are coming out in 2008 or 2009, depending on tooling at
> the new plant in California, which Mr. Bodkin will be running.  The
> approximate cost of a new one will be 70 - 75,000.  If you are looking
> for a perfect original
> 1981 that needs absolutely no work, this is it!  Good luck, and thank
> you for
> checking out my auction!"   Once again, from item #4645008633.
>
> Maybe Dan Bodkins or Don Steiger can fill us in?   Sounds like one
> huge
> misunderstanding to me.   It does sound interesting though.
>
> -Patrick C.

> To search the archives or view files, log in at http://
> groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews Yahoo! Groups Links

Message 5
    From: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 4:17am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Right Vent Hose Routing

There are suposed to be a couple of retaining clips under there that
the hosing fixs into, however i dont think your hosing is origional
either hence it hanging down more than it should.

Regards

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Wayne Wagner <dmc-2447_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Question about the routing...
>
> The vent hose (going to right door vent) fell off from it's left
side
> recently, and I finally got around to re-attaching it.  It seems
to hang
> rather low... I don't remember this hanging a low as it is.
>
> Picture---> http://tinyurl.com/nbxkw
>
> Is it supposed to be tucked directly behind the knee pad roll to
where
> it not really visible or is it supposed to hang just below and
forward
> of the knee roll?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Wayne / VIN2447

Message 6
    From: "frenkieboy" dmc_at_dml_frenkieboy.demon.nl
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:30am(PDT)
Subject: Final update delorean.tk Eurofest 2006 site

Dear Eurofest 2006 attendants and e-goup members,

today is the last update of my Eurofest 2006 site. Unfortunately I couldn't find an acces
point the last 2 days, but as I write the site is being updated. If there's anyone who has
interesting pictures, feel free to contact me. I will add a few pictures later.

Thanks for all the positive reactions everybody sent. Those who have done so, will get a
personal e-mail from me. If anyone has pictures or wants a picture that I took please end
me a personal e-mail on frank_at_dml_delorean.tk

I also want to thank everybody of the organisation for a fantastic weekend. We were a part
of automotive history by putting the car back on the spot where the test bank used to be
in the DeLorean factory (pics on my website), driving through the doors where all the cars
left for the test drive and driving the DeLorean for 4 laps on the test track.

Also many many thanks to all the former DeLorean workers that helped to make this
meeting a memorable one. The meeting would have been half as nice if you weren't
present. Your stories and emotions were very impressive.

regards,

Frank

Message 7
    From: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:30am(PDT)

Patrick and all..

    The whole ad struck me as rather funny.  Don's  web site has him listed
as the only factory trained mechanic in the US.   This ad has Dan Bodkin as the
only factory trained mechanic.  It all  seems to me just to be not only fishy
but funny.  The cruise control  could be real as I recall an article on how
to install a cruise control in a  D.
    The strange part of the whole ad is the part about  producing new
Deloreans in the future. I hope Don or Dan will respond to  this.

Roy

Message 8
    From: "rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com" rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:31am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Letting people use our cars

Mike & Corey,

Eleven hundred bucks is more like what a "Picture Car" company would charge
a movie studio on a major picture shoot. This sounds more like a "starving
artist launch's first album with help from sympathetic DeLorean owner" type
of situation. I don't know your marital status but if you're not hitched
perhaps a compensatory date with said artist would be more likely at this
point in her fledgling career!

Rob Grady,

P.J.Grady Inc.

    From: "joopnoordzij" noordzy_at_dml_xs4all.nl
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:33am(PDT)
Subject: Daily Telegraph on Eurofest 2006

Hello all,

Just came back home from the Eurofest 2006 in Belfast, which was well
organized by Robert Lamrock and the DOA.
On the way back I was handed a newspaper by one of the dockhands,
while waiting in cue for the ferry. You may find it in the photo
section under Eurofest 2006.

Joop Noordzij - VIN 3085

Message 10
    From: "doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com" doctorDHD_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 6:33am(PDT)
Subject: Transmission Computer, Again

Steve,

What is it that you are trying to do?  Attached is the schematic I  have.

I know it can be frustrating working on the AT governor as it often seems  to
have a mind of its own.  That was one reason I moved mine to the drivers
side of the engine compartment.  Easier to get to it.  The usual  problems are
the blown caps, but once you open it up and remove the boards you  have to deal
with broken wires in the little ribbon cable that connects the two  printed
circuit boards as well as other intermittent solder joints.  These  bad solder
joints were not visible even with a magnifier.  I replaced the  ribbon cable
with a number of thin flexible jumpers and carefully resoldered as  many points
on the PCB as I could stand and I haven't had a problem since.   Of course all
these things never solved MY original problem which was that  occasionally
the tranny  (seems to ) decide to shift into neutral when in  third gear and I
"give it the gas".  With the tranny solenoid lights  installed I have found
that the lights stay off, i.e.. not telling the tranny to  shift out of third, so
I suspect an internal mechanical problem.  One day I  will do what Dave T
said and check the tranny pressure.  I have the gauge  but....

So again the question is what are you trying to do or solve?

D & 6530
Dave Delman

Message  6
From: "Steve" p2freak_at_dml_yahoo.com
Date: Mon May 29, 2006 8:13am(PDT)

Group,

Does any one have a schematic or any type of  electrical drawing on the
automatic
transmission computer?  Even a  partial drawing on a napkin will help.  I am
trying to figure
out a  broken computer.  According to the archives, doctorDHD or Mark Hershey
 have some
pretty good ideas on how the thing works.

Also, anyone  thought about just replacing the computer with press buttons
and mount
them on the steering wheel?  A couple buttons on the steering wheel  (like
the Audi sports
shifting) are certainly more rugged than the darn  computer in the
transmission.

Thanks.

Steve
VIN#04421

Thank  you,

Dave

"Just Say  NO, to the COUCH POTATO!"

To see how go to _www.tvpedaler.com_ (http://www.tvpedaler.com/)

Message 11
    From: "Jamie Hamlin" jamiepierce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 8:38am(PDT)
Subject: I need help with cig. lighter light

I have a little problem,
  I had my int. out of the car for redieing and when I put it back in
  I may have pluged something in wrong because the light on the
  cig. lighter is on all the time except when I turn the head lights on
  I know this is backwards but how do I fix it????

  Jamie Hamlin
  Vin#5677
  Vin#2606

Message 12
    From: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 9:45am(PDT)
Subject: Re: trans seal leak... still!!

If that inner shaft o-ring is bad or missing, the leak will appear to
come from inside the inner CV joint as the oil will migrate down the
stub shaft thru the center of the output flange. If it's leaking
around the outside of the flange, it's either the seal itself, a
rust/pit groove in the flange, or, as Andy mentioned, damage to the
case where the seal is pressed in to the case.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> You have the o-ring installed properly on the inner shaft that the
> yoke slides on to and/or it is not damaged? You might spray it
clean
> with some brake cleaner and watch closely where the leak develops.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Soma576_at_dml_ wrote:
> >
> > Hey Group,
> >
> > My driver's side axle seal on my manual transmission is leaking.
> I  have
> > replaced the seal, the o-ring, and got a reconditioned and
sleeved
> yoke  from
> > Grady.  Still leaks!  I think there is a groove caused by a  seal-
> pulling tool in
> > the transmission casing between the seal and casing.   I am
> thinking I might
> > be able to fix this by putting some kind of silicone on  the seal
> where it
> > touches the casing.

Message 13
    From: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 9:45am(PDT)

rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com wrote: perhaps a compensatory date with said artist would be more likely at this point in her fledgling career!

  Parts Pit Mike replies: Good one Rob. It seems that way to me too with the "note under the wiper approach". I mentioned the $1,100.00 CDN daily rate quoted to me just as a barometer for the list if any serious Ad Agency or Film Company comes calling to members.

  This was a Toronto, Canada price as Ds are very rare up here. I imagine in areas of "Delorean Concentration" the price would drop due to the large D Pool.

Message 14
    From: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 10:06am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Top Gear

Robert,

On 5/29/06, therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a long list of reasons why I don't like the
> Corvette (including a door malfuction in a C6 where I got trapped
> inside the car)

Yet you drive a DeLorean?!!?? ;-)

Message 15
    From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 10:07am(PDT)

I was just thinking that I'd just ask for gas money, 100 or so bucks for my
time and use of the car, and a couple copies of the album the car will be
featured on.

Does this sound like it would be reasonable?

Corey

>From: <rob_at_dml_pjgrady.com>
>To: <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
>Subject: RE: [DML] Letting people use our cars
>Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 09:24:51 -0400
>
>Mike & Corey,
>
>Eleven hundred bucks is more like what a "Picture Car" company would charge
>a movie studio on a major picture shoot. This sounds more like a "starving
>artist launch's first album with help from sympathetic DeLorean owner" type
>of situation. I don't know your marital status but if you're not hitched
>perhaps a compensatory date with said artist would be more likely at this
>point in her fledgling career!
>
>Rob Grady,
>
>P.J.Grady Inc.

Message 16
    From: "delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com" delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 10:52am(PDT)

Several years ago I lent my DeLorean to a downtown Minneapolis Raddison for
a convention of chefs whose theme was Back to the Future. In return they
gave us a weekend in a suite on one of the floors that take a special key to
get off the elevator. It was interesting because an Arab prince had rented
the entire floor below us while his father had surgery at the University of
Minnesota. That's a story all by itself. Yesterday I had the car at a local
car show and ran into a fellow I had met several years back. His business is
supplying animals and related props for films, events or whatever. He had
just completed an ad for Artic Cat featuring Amish dressed actors using one
of his carriages and horses. In our conversation he asked for my phone
number as he gets calls for DeLoreans every once in a while because of the
popularity of the Back to the Future theme. He said the last couple of times
the price for the car and two people dressed like Doc and Marty  was $500
for a five minute appearance.

Bruce Benson

Message 17
    From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 10:52am(PDT)
Subject: Brake dust

Of the variety of brands of brake pads available for our cars, which
ones produce the least amount of dust?

I'm tired of my wheels looking so dark all the time and mine are
finally wearing to the point they'll need replacing.

Thanks,

Rich A.

Message 18
    From: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 10:54am(PDT)

*** Moderator's Note***: We'll call this the last non-DeLorean related post in this thread. Thanks.

OK - the moderator will likely kill this as its off topic, but the Atom
was previously produced in GB by a small handful of employees, since
then production has moved to Brammo Motorsports in Ashland, OR. I
understand they are on an aggressive track to staff up, fill a beautiful
new facility, and build and sell a number of cars.  The price has risen
to reflect this, and expected demand.

    From: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 11:01am(PDT)

delornut_at_dml_peoplepc.com wrote: the price for the car and two people dressed like
                                         Doc and Marty  was $500 for a five minute appearance.

  Parts Pit Mike replies: Where did I put those old Acid wash jeans???

Message 20
    From: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 11:25am(PDT)
Subject: Re: Where did it go?  Who's was it?

There was a BTTF DeLorean on ebay yesterday.  The auction  has 3 days
left.  Bidding was up to $50,000 with reserve not met.

Today, the BTTF DeLorean was withdrawn from ebay.   The car was from
Escondito, CA.

Anyone know anything about this car?  It was a very nice repro using
many of the off the shelf components that are available today.

Bob

Message 21
    From: "conundrum1984" jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 0:04pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: Brake dust

I seen some owners put on brake dust shields.  I think JC Whitney has
a universal fitting one.

Matt
VIN: 2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tell you if you ask." <racuti1_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Of the variety of brands of brake pads available for our cars, which
> ones produce the least amount of dust?
>
> I'm tired of my wheels looking so dark all the time and mine are
> finally wearing to the point they'll need replacing.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich A.

Message 22
    From: "Alistair McCann" pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 0:05pm(PDT)
Subject: Looking For Coil Cover

Hi all

Anyone out there have a coil cover??? DMCH dont seem to have any in
stock at the moment and with the weather over here in Ireland I really
sould get one.

If anyone has an old one then drop me an email pilot25dmc_at_dml_o2.co.uk

Alistair.

Message 23
    From: "bkp944" bkp944_at_dml_comcast.net
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 1:28pm(PDT)
Subject: Re: I need help with cig. lighter light

The copper grounding strip on the light is contacting the +12V of
the cigarette light instead of the ground.

Search message# 47844 for more details.

Brian
VIN# 4494

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jamie Hamlin <jamiepierce2000_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> I have a little problem,
>   I had my int. out of the car for redieing and when I put it back
in
>   I may have pluged something in wrong because the light on the
>   cig. lighter is on all the time except when I turn the head
lights on
>   I know this is backwards but how do I fix it????
>
>   Jamie Hamlin
>   Vin#5677
>   Vin#2606

Message 24
    From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 1:28pm(PDT)
Subject: DCS fun facts what do you do at lunch

I have been following this one trend the last few weeks and I need to get a bit more data but its been the case lately that weekend orders are weak but orders on Mondays are strong especially at lunch time
6 out of the 8 orders in today so far have been lunchtime orders.

Looking back this trend looks to be consistant all the way back to Easter

Message 25
    From: "Dave Phelps" dphelps17_at_dml_gmail.com
    Date: Tue May 30, 2006 1:29pm(PDT)

EBC Greenstuff pads really cut down on brake dust.  I have them on my GTI
VR6 and they are amazing.  I heard that the DeLorean uses the same pads as a
Mercury Capri & I see EBC are available for that car.  Maybe something to
look into.

Dave,