From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 4:40 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3274

1. Re: Manual Transmission Gear Oil Help
From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

2. Found Great Product for Clearing Fogged Lenses
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com

3. Re: Manual Transmission Gear Oil Help
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

4. fixing eyebrows, align headlights
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

5. Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "cupsdmc" cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com

6. DCS VIN Lineup
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

7. Re: DCS VIN Lineup
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com

9. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

Message: 1
Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 4:49 am (PDT)
From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: Manual Transmission Gear Oil Help

EDIT:  I meant 5oz, not 5mL.  And I found my workshop manual suggesting to fill to the bottom of the fill hole.

See you in a few weeks,
-Patrick C.
1880

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 4:51 am (PDT)
From: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com
Subject: Found Great Product for Clearing Fogged Lenses

My clock was so fogged and hazed I couldn't even see any of the
numbers.  I went to Discount Advanced Auto Parts, bought 5 Minute
Optical Polish, cost about $10.  Just put the piece into a drill,
stuck on a pad, slightly wet it, and polished the lens.  I tried it,
figuring it may not work, but I probably couldn't make it worse.
But . . . it now looks brand new, clear as can be.  I couldn't
believe it, and I'm not the most handy person.  I was fully under
the assumption that my risk was not that it wouldn't work, but that
I would have a drill inside the car and somehow end up with a broken
CD player, ripped leather, and cracked windshield.

I just taped around the clock so the pad wouldn't touch anything
else, then surrounded it by newspaper so nothing would end up
through the car.  After it worked on the clock, I tried it on an old
set of tail light lenses I had, didn't spend alot of time with it,
just enough to know it worked on that too.  And I didn't tape
anything, the pad was hitting the black plastic around the lenses,
didn't harm them.  The only problem I have now is the clock is 4
hours and 37 minutes off, and I can't change it, and since I've
heard they don't keep time well anyway, any idea how long will it be
before it's right????

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 4:52 am (PDT)
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

The oil should be checked with the car on level ground or on a level
hoist/lift.  If the fill plug is out and the car is level on the ground and  oil is
trickling out, it is just fine.  You wouldn't want it gushing out,  that's too
full.  A little bit coming out is just fine.

Andy

In a message dated 6/3/2006 9:07:37 P.M. Central Standard Time,
PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com writes:

When I  take the plug off the side, do I know I have too much oil if it is
trickling out onto the ground when the car is level?   Should I  let it come
out
the side until it stops, and then plug it back  up?   Does that mean I have
enough oil in the  tranny?

Thanks, your help is appreciated.   I have no way of  measuring how much oil
is currently in there, however the fact that it is  coming out the side when
the
plug is off may be an indicator.

-Patrick C.
1880

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:13 pm (PDT)
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: fixing eyebrows, align headlights

Hey Group,

I would like to try the eyebrow fixing technique in the Tech Section.   It
says to take the headlights out - does that mean just the lights or the  entire
bracket and everything?  I thought you needed the fascia off to take  it all
out.

Also, on a related note, what's the best way to align  the  headlights?  My
car is lowered with Grady's springs and the lighting at  night is pretty
dismal, even with Sylvania Silverstars.  A couple of lights  are probably screwed
too far into the body, so what I really need from someone  is how to start from
scratch with the headlights, as if I took them all apart  and I need to put
them back together.

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:15 pm (PDT)
From: "cupsdmc" cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Broken Louver- I almost cried

I had a crack in my rear louver and I thought I had corrected it with
some 2 part epoxy a few months ago.  Yesterday I went to close the rear
louver and I gently pushed down with both hands and "SNAP" the whole
thing broke completely in half and I stood there with half of the
louvers in my shaking hands.  Has anyone ever repaired this type of
break?  I'm gonna try a body shop on Monday to see if they can fix it.
Please let me know if I am wasting my time on fixing it or should I
just bite the bullet and buy a new one?  This would happen to me just
weeks before leaving for the DCS.  Any words of wisdom would be
welcomed.

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:15 pm (PDT)
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: DCS VIN Lineup

All,

Even if you are not planning to attend DCS 2006, for the VIN lineup I would like to fill in the blanks with pics of your car(s). If you would please submit one with your VIN Number and you with the car that would be great. Please email a pic to bmanderville(at)comcast.net. Please don't email huge pics just a normal 640K-1MB pic will be fine. If you wish to submit a pic please rename it in the following format, VIN First Last and Location.jpg, for example: 4045 Bernie Manderville Maryland.jpg, that will make this job much easier and it will be a website that anyone can see. If you send me a picture I will put it on the website, and you give all copyright rights to me (just covering my big behind here). I will not use them in a publication nor include any email addresses with your pic.

Thank You.

Bernie

VIN 4045 and 6704

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 6:08 pm (PDT)
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Re: DCS VIN Lineup

In a message dated 6/4/2006 6:16:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net writes:

Bernie wrote below and that is fine with me so Bernie you go ahead and take
that part on
Work with Gary Gore and Mark Vaulch in arranging it.
Keep in mind you can match everyone with not only a pic of your car but  with
one of the VIN Plates if you have not done so yet.
Plates are $10 and I have to make them so right now I am not sure we will
make them at the show or not but we can do them before.

They Are a little touchy to make and HOT so I am not sure I want someone
other than me or Chris making them.

Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 6:09 pm (PDT)
From: "corey ooms" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried

I had a break in my louvers for a while and brought it to a shop near my
house.  They did great work.  You cant even tell it was broken.  They
installed a thin piece of metal inside of the louver for support.  They did
a great job and only cost me $100.  Im not sure about what would be involved
if the louver is broken in half, but I can stop over there and ask them if
you want.

Corey
2423