From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 12:38 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3275

1. Re: Greenwich Concours This Weekend
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net

2. Re: DCS VIN Lineup
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

3. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

4. 1981 DeLorean For Sale
From: "Matthew Cooley" WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com

5. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

6. refinishing windshield trim pieces
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

7. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

8. Re: DCS VIN Lineup
From: "Chris Murley" qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com

9. Jeffrey Weisseman
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10. Fixed my AC! +observations/questions
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

11. Fiberglass Shell for sale all or parts
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

12. NEW purchase Vin#010003 Manual
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net

13. Michigan Owners Going To DCS
From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com

14. To replace or not to replace...
From: "Matt Spittle" matthew.spittle_at_dml_gmail.com

15. Re: Michigan Owners Going To DCS
From: "Sandor Piszar" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net

16. Re: DCS VIN Lineup
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

17. Re: Fixed my AC! +observations/questions
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com

18. souvenirs - Pheasant Run DeLorean Meet.
From: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

19. DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

20. Re: fixing eyebrows, align headlights
From: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com

21. Re: To replace or not to replace...
From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com

22. Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
From: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com

23. Re: To replace or not to replace...
From: "mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net" mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

24. Re: Fixed my AC! +observations/questions
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

25. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: "whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

Message: 1
Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:05 am (PDT)
From: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net
Subject: Re: Greenwich Concours This Weekend

The show this year was pretty much rained out on Saturday. Good thing I was invited for Sunday! It was a little muddy but not too bad. A lot of people were disappointed about the Delorean that was supposed to be offered in the Christie Auction. It had a sign on it saying they were expecting it to go for between $10,000 and $20,000. I couldn't really get a good look at it. It was an 82 automatic with 30,000 miles and could have been cleaned up better. I was told it was pulled from the auction by the representitive from DMV, something about the vin or the title not being right. It would have been interesting to have seen what it sold for. There were some very cool cars at the show this year. I was parked next to an Amphicar. Very cute. Plenty of Porches,
2 Maybacks, and many other very expensive cars. I got a lot of very positive comments about the Delorean. A lot of people saw the most recent show on the History Channel and were asking about how to get a "new" one.

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:05 am (PDT)
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net
Subject: Re: DCS VIN Lineup

Ken,

I'm just setting up a website with one pic of the said VIN car as stated by the person submitting it, I'm not going to track down the ownership or anything.  If they want VIN plates from the show that would be totally up to them.  Your extremely busy, and I will also be, setting up this website.  I already have some pics submitted.  I need to get a new domain name setup and get the website up.  Once that's done I should be able to put in new pics with ease.  If everyone submits them in the file name format I requested.  I don't plan on printing out all of these pictures and putting them in the lineup.
It's going to be a website of VINs and pics that's about it, with if the owner so chooses their name.

I'll see you next Wednesday.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:

> In a message dated 6/4/2006 6:16:33 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> bmanderville_at_dml_... writes:
>
> Bernie wrote below and that is fine with me so Bernie you go ahead
and take
> that part on
> Work with Gary Gore and Mark Vaulch in arranging it.
> Keep in mind you can match everyone with not only a pic of your car
but  with
> one of the VIN Plates if you have not done so yet.
> Plates are $10 and I have to make them so right now I am not sure we
will
> make them at the show or not but we can do them before.
>
> They Are a little touchy to make and HOT so I am not sure I want
someone
> other than me or Chris making them.
>

> Even  if you are not planning to attend DCS 2006, for the VIN lineup
I would
> like to  fill in the blanks with pics of your car(s). If you would
please
> submit one  with your VIN Number and you with the car that would be
great. Please
> email a  pic to bmanderville(at)comcast.net. Please don't email huge
pics just
> a normal  640K-1MB pic will be fine. If you wish to submit a pic
> please rename it in the  following format, VIN First Last and
> Location.jpg,
for example:
> 4045 Bernie  Manderville Maryland.jpg, that will make this job much
easier and
> it will be a  website that anyone can see. If you send me a picture
I will put

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:05 am (PDT)
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
Subject: Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried

It sounds like you have rusted up Louver hinges, You might want to make sure before fixing anything first, then take it to a body shop & get an estimate your insurance will cover a replacement if needed & pay for shipping & installation as long as you get an estimate!!!
Lawrence

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:06 am (PDT)
From: "Matthew Cooley" WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com
Subject: 1981 DeLorean For Sale

Ebay Auction Item Number: 4646883067

View Auction Here: http://makeashorterlink.com/?L2771263D

Must sell. Low reserve. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Matthew Cooley

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:07 am (PDT)
From: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net

Oh man, I feel your pain, it happend to me too.  Didn't split in half but was totally trashed by FedEx.  What you need to find is a good boat shop, yes boat shop, to fix it for you.  Bring all of the pieces, they can rebuild it, and it will look better than new, and wont break again.  Just make sure they don't play with the outside edges unless you have the car there for fitting.  Yes your in for some custom fiberglass work thats easy for a boat shop.  A standard auto body shop really isn't capable of doing this kind of work.  If you can't find a boat shop find a place that work on Vettes, and is well respected.

Or you could just buy a NOS one.  Which was my last option and I had too.

Anyone want a broken Louver?  Shipping is going to be a killer though.

Bernie

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:07 am (PDT)
From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: refinishing windshield trim pieces

Hi Group,

Today I removed my A-pillar weather stripping and took off both side windshield trim pieces and the top windshield trim piece.  I intend to  refinish them to a like-new look and replace the old  weatherstripping.

I ordered new pads from Grady for under the two side strips.  I see  there are supposed to be small square pads on the sides by the screw  holes.  I didn't get those but I might just use the old pads and cut them  up to make them work.

What's the best way to prep and paint the strips?  I stripped all of  the old adhesive off, but I didn't sand all of the old paint away.  Should  I get them down to bare metal, then prime with metal primer and use some black  spray paint?  Any suggestions on the best paint for an OEM look?

I also see the top strip used to have some white silicone sealant along the front edge.  What kind of silicone was this, and how should that be  applied?

That's about all I have for now. Just trying to wrap up a few long-delayed projects before DCS.

Thanks for the help-
Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:08 am (PDT)
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

Hello,

I have encountered EXACTLY the same thing, I felt sick afterwards.
I repaired it myself nearly flawlessly. The only visual cues of the repair are on the underside and you can't see them unless the louver is raised. If you live in or around Southern California I can repair them for you for a small fee. Certainly smaller than the cost of a new louver!

Email me at:
valleyrat_at_dml_gmail.com

Nathan
2277

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:09 am (PDT)
From: "Chris Murley" qumefox_at_dml_gmail.com

Bernie wrote:
> All,
>
> Even if you are not planning to attend DCS 2006, for the VIN lineup I would like to fill in the blanks with pics of your car(s). If you would please submit one with your VIN Number and you with the car that would be great. Please email a pic to bmanderville(at)comcast.net. Please don't email huge pics just a normal 640K-1MB pic will be fine. If you wish to submit a pic please rename it in the following format, VIN First Last and Location.jpg, for example: 4045 Bernie Manderville Maryland.jpg, that will make this job much easier and it will be a website that anyone can see. If you send me a picture I will put it on the website, and you give all copyright rights to me (just covering my big behind here). I will not use them in a publication nor include any email addresses with your pic.
>
> Thank You.
>
> Bernie
>
> VIN 4045 and 6704

I'd be happy to send you pics of 3209 but that would be an awful lot of pictures in it's current shape. :)

VIN# 3209

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:09 am (PDT)
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Jeffrey Weisseman

There are still a few slots open for those that want to participate in the show with Jeffrey He has a plan to do a half hour on stage and wants some help.

Its a bit of an improv he has done before You will be instructed by Jeffrey for about an hour on Sat Morning about 10 am and we will make special arrangements for you to get your car registerd if you are bringing a car so don't worry you won't miss anything

Ken

Contact me if you want to join
Jeffrey will then e-mail you back with what he is planning

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:10 am (PDT)
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Fixed my AC! +observations/questions

A big thanks goes out to who ever posted the cheap do it yourself AC
fix in the tech section. I followed his advice very closely and now
I have cold air! But.....

Here is the one weird thing the system is doing:

When the blower fans are NOT on the ac will cycle at idle. If the
blower fan is on the ac stops cycling and the pressure reads
constant 45psi on the low side. If I turn the blower fan off the
pressure will go from 45 down to 25 as the compressor refrigerates
and then repeat, cycling over and over. Why does this not happen
with the fan on?

I filled the system with about 28oz of 134a, I am afraid to put more
in it because it reads 45psi with the blower fans on and I do not
want to over charge the system.

I would say the vent temps are in the low 40s with the outside
ambient temp at 95 deg. I just returned from a 400 mile trip and had
the AC on the whole time.

Any suggestions or wisdom?

Nathan

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:10 am (PDT)
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
Subject: Fiberglass Shell for sale all or parts

Any one need a fiberglass shell or parts of it if price is right? need
to sell one to make some room, email for pictures. I also repair &
service Deloreans In Michigan( will travel to repair within reason) I
have my own hoist, ask for more info
Lawrence's Delorean repair & services 313-506-3786

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:10 am (PDT)
From: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net
Subject: NEW purchase Vin#010003 Manual

Hey all,
Just a quick not on a car I purchased from court 1982 Delorean vin#
010003 Manual grey interior with original NCT Tires & 5,523 miles very
clean car,  supposedly from original owner still has green title,
started right up & drove fine in parking lot but, will have to go over
everything, Most of you know how I go over everything, total tare
down, we'll see on this one only thing I saw with rust was sway bar!!!
Well, that's car # 6,
Lawrence vin's 538m,915a,1024m,4873a,10497a,10003m,+parts cars

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:13 am (PDT)
From: "Patrick Conlon" PRC1216_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: Michigan Owners Going To DCS

Hi there,
    Just curious as to when you Michigan owners are planning on heading
to the DCS.  I'm leaving on Thursday afternoon from the Cheboygan, MI
area, and would love to meet up with anyone else in a caravan if
possible.  Let me know either on list or off list.

-Patrick C.

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 3:14 am (PDT)
From: "Matt Spittle" matthew.spittle_at_dml_gmail.com
Subject: To replace or not to replace...

I'm putting my car back together from the frame up, and today I
removed my old ball joints from the control arms.  Should I replace my
upper/lower control arm bushings?  They look fine to me, no large
cracks in them, anyway.  Can they be pressed out without destroying
them?  I'd like to powdercoat the control arms, but I'd definitely
have to press out the bushings before doing that.  Additionally,
should I replace my wheel bearings?  They aren't making any noise.

Just wondering what's really necessary here and what would be
excessive (e.g., I'm not replacing my rotors or brake pads because I
consider those to be frequently replaced items anyway).

thanks,

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:28 am (PDT)
From: "Sandor Piszar" piszar_at_dml_sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: Michigan Owners Going To DCS

A group of us will be meeting on Thursday, June 15th, 8am at a nice
rest stop on I-94, 5 miles west of I-275 for the westbound I-94
traffic. It is near mile marker 188, just west of Belleville road.
The more the merrier!  There are currently 4 or 5 of us confirmed so
far.

Sandor
# 3002

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:28 am (PDT)
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

great if I can sell the rest of the vin plates I have that would be  nice
I have about 25 left

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:33 am (PDT)
From: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fixed my AC! +observations/questions

Do you have a link to this fix? I did a search and came up with 233 possible.

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:35 am (PDT)
From: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com
Subject: souvenirs - Pheasant Run DeLorean Meet.

Regardless that there will be many more people attending the DeLorean show in Pheasant Run, I can only print and bring the same quantity of souvenir acrylic glasses that I produced for past shows at Pigeon Forge, Memphis, and Cleveland.. They sold out quickly.  Price will be the same as previous shows _at_dml_ only $5.00 each.

Look for licence 18 AGIN or see me at a supplier table. I'm the guy that gets mistaken for Brad Pitt.

Sorry no reservations - 1st come, 1st served.
Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Marvin Stein

924 Dundas Street
London, Ontario, Canada, N5W 3A1
tel: 519-434-1666
fax: 519-434-7071
toll free: 1-866-725-4665
email: marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com
website: www.printeddrinkware.com

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:36 am (PDT)
From: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT

Well to add to everything else we have for the show we just received a ton
of ORIGINAL photos and the actual progress repoorts of the factory being  built.
These photos have been in a binder which I have now in Black and white  shots
Newspaper articles and a ton of stuff more

This is the cap to the museum I was looking for.
the history is now complete for what I wanted to do and the amount of stuff
here is incredible for a company that went out of business 20 plus years  ago

Don't miss it

Ken
_www.Deloreancarshow.com_ (http://www.Deloreancarshow.com)

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:37 am (PDT)
From: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Re: fixing eyebrows, align headlights

Andy,
Take heed to Dave's suggestion of using 3M's Window Adhesive as it seems to be
the only adhesive that lasts for a long term effect. Also get yourself some
disposable rubber gloves unless you like that black window adhesive on your hand
for a few months ;-)  Yes you only need to take out the headlights themselves,
you can leave the brackets in.

Excellent little diddy from our friend in the Mid-State DeLorean Club for aiming
your headlights here:
http://www.midstatedmc.com/tech/aim.htm

Shannon Y
16506
http://www.ohiodeloreans.com/

-----------------------------
Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:13 pm (PDT)
   From: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com
Subject: fixing eyebrows, align headlights

Hey Group,

I would like to try the eyebrow fixing technique in the Tech Section.   It
says to take the headlights out - does that mean just the lights or the  entire
bracket and everything?  I thought you needed the fascia off to take  it all
out.

Also, on a related note, what's the best way to align  the  headlights?  My
car is lowered with Grady's springs and the lighting at  night is pretty
dismal, even with Sylvania Silverstars.  A couple of lights  are probably screwed

too far into the body, so what I really need from someone  is how to start from
scratch with the headlights, as if I took them all apart  and I need to put
them back together.

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 8:45 am (PDT)
From: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com
Subject: Re: To replace or not to replace...

Matt,

A lot of this is expressed as opinion so I'll offer mine:

1. A DeLorean owner's favorite saying is "While you're already in
there...".

2. I am preparing for this exact job and would love to hear "before
and after" stories when you're done.

3. The bushings are removed with an arbor press. I feel that for the
low cost, it should be done since the car will already be apart.

4. Most people will tell you that the wheel bearings are sealed so
you'll never need to replace them. That's totally incorrect in my
personal experience. If the seals dry out or rupture the bearing
lubricant dries out or washes away. ALL of my bearings began to howl
and needed replacement one after the other. Again, these are not
expensive, nor are they difficult to replace. As Nike says: "Just do
it". Mine literally fell apart once they were pressed out. They were
either empty of grease or it was thin and viscous, devoid of any
lubricating properties.

Really, I'd just do it all. Upper/lower ball joints and bushings and
shocks. Steering rack if it's sloppy, tie-rod ends for sure.

My handling is horrible. My lower ball joints pop and clunk like an
arthritic old man on every turn and my shocks make the car float and
drift like I'm driving a boat. I finally have all the parts gathered
up and I'm ready to begin. I just need to set a time at my buddy's
house so I can work in peace and use some of the uncommon tools that
he has.

I really hope I haven't overlooked anything. Good luck,

Rich A.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Matt Spittle" <matthew.spittle_at_dml_...>

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 10:35 am (PDT)
From: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com
Subject: Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT

The national Metropolitan owners association (MOCHNA) has their own
metropolitan museum where they store all of the info on the met and its
production.

It may be appropriate to have a DeLorean museum some time in the future.

It could be in Houston ?

Bob

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 10:36 am (PDT)
From: "mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net" mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

As long as you are this far into it, I would recommend replacing the bushings.
New ones make a noticeable difference to handling sharpness.

How many miles are on the bearings?  Was the grease in good
shape when you took them apart?

-------------- Original message from "Matt Spittle" <matthew.spittle_at_dml_gmail.com>: --------------

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 10:37 am (PDT)
From: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com

It is at www.dmcnews.com under technical info and then "Another r134
Conversion" or something similar.

Nathan

Date: Mon Jun 5, 2006 10:38 am (PDT)
From: "whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

In a message dated 6/5/2006 5:40:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,

Message: 5
Date: Sun Jun 4, 2006 3:15 pm (PDT)
From: "cupsdmc" cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com
Subject: Broken Louver- I almost cried

I had a crack in my rear louver and I thought I had corrected it  with
some 2 part epoxy a few months ago.  Yesterday I went to close  the rear
louver and I gently pushed down with both hands and "SNAP" the  whole
thing broke completely in half and I stood there with half of the
louvers in my shaking hands.  Has anyone ever repaired this type of
break?  I'm gonna try a body shop on Monday to see if they can fix  it.
Please let me know if I am wasting my time on fixing it or  should I
just bite the bullet and buy a new one?  This would happen  to me just
weeks before leaving for the DCS.  Any words of wisdom  would be
welcomed.

Vin 11572

Cups (or anyone else in need of a Sunshade/Louver -

I put on a brand new set recently at DMC Florida and I still have the old
one here, haven't bothered yet to re-list it on e-bay after it failed to sell a
few months ago.  Picked up some minor damage during Hurricane Wilma last
year.  Has one large visible crack on one underside central support rib,  and
several near-invisible hairline cracks on adjacent support ribs, all easily
repairable.  I'd take $200 plus shipping costs for it rather than bother  with
e-bay again, and if you're local to South Florida, you could even come pick  it
up yourself to save on shipping costs.  Anyone who's interested, let me  know.
By the way, the damage is small enough that you could put it right  onto the
car now, drive it to DCS, and fix the cracks for good whenever you are  able.
I'll be leaving soon to drive north for DCS myself soon, so if you  want it
before the show, get with me right away.

Dan Harris - VIN# 1662 - FL Tag# MY 81DMC

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan  Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read  about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_