From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:06 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3277

1a. Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
From: Tom Tait

1b. Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
From: Marc Levy

2a. AW: [DML] Re: Door Solenoids and lock modules.
From: Elvis Nocita

2b. Re: Door Solenoids and lock modules.
From: Ryan Wright

3a. Text DML
From: DMCVIN6683

3b. Re: Text DML
From: d_rex_2002

3c. Re: Text DML
From: Dave Swingle

4a. Re: Changing the accumulator?
From: Jake Kamphoefner

4b. Re: Changing the accumulator?
From: John Hervey

4c. Re: Changing the accumulator?
From: Jim Reeve

5a. Rear Defroster Light Always On
From: deloreandmc81

5b. Re: Rear Defroster Light Always On
From: David Teitelbaum

6a. Re: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?
From: DMCVIN6683

6b. Re: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?
From: conundrum1984

7. Spokane, Wasington to DCS?
From: Lawrence Lormand

8. Re: Michigan Owners Going To DCS
From: John Rydholm

9. AC Compressor?
From: Chris

10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
From: sweetp01569

11. Delorean Engine Question
From: mike p

12. DMCVINS.COM is Online!
From: Bernie

13. Car for sale
From: kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net

14. Chicago show
From: lordshill1

15. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
From: cupsdmc

16. DMCVINS.COM
From: Bernie

17. My NEW D VIN 010003
From: Lawrence Lormand

Messages

1a. Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:53 am (PDT)

Andy... The guy who comes up with the $ gets to decide where his museum
goes. Got a spare $30-50M laying around?

Messages in this topic (5)

1b. Re: DCS MUSEUM JACKPOT
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:07 am (PDT)

Maybe Donald Trump will give us some space in Bedminster? :)

--- Soma576_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> For a US location, either Detroit or Bedminster would be more
> appropriate places, IMHO.
>
> Andy

Messages in this topic (5)

2a. AW: [DML] Re: Door Solenoids and lock modules.
Posted by: "Elvis Nocita" elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de dmcelvis
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:55 am (PDT)

Ryan,

most relays that I know are not sealed, and if they are sealed it still
is not sure that there is something else inside than regular air.

Look at the way how those relays are driven and you will understand
why they stick or weld together over time.

You have to turn a relay on or off and not on and slowly off by decreasing
the current like it is done in the original crappy design.

Elvis & 6548 (TV Star ;-))

Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:05 pm (PDT)

On 6/5/06, Elvis Nocita <elvisnocita_at_dml_gmx.de> wrote:

> most relays that I know are not sealed, and if they are sealed it still
> is not sure that there is something else inside than regular air.

Hmmm, I think someone, somewhere, is having a good laugh at my
expense. I know for a fact I read this exactly as I described it and
directly related to the DeLorean door locking system, from someone who
appeared to know what he was talking about. Now that it has been
called into question I did some searching and wouldn't you know it,
the info is not only wrong, it's ridiculously wrong.

My bad. I'm going to dig through my archives, find the person who told
me this and slap him with a dead carp.

-Ryan

Messages in this topic (28)

3a. Text DML
Posted by: "DMCVIN6683" dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com snextime
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:55 am (PDT)

Whoa.... What is with the new format and tiny text? It is now hard to
read the email.

Mark V

Messages in this topic (4)

3b. Re: Text DML
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:03 pm (PDT)

I like the improved web interface of the latest release, such as
being able to see the latest screen of posts without having to
click on the month's posts, then click the LAST link, then click
the PREVIOUS link (which shows all recent posts except the LAST).

I have noticed a few runtime errors when not running the latest
service packs on XP, but it appears you can click right through
the errors and it runs OK. I have computers at work with some
special firmware build software that will not run properly with
the latest XP service packs, which is why they do not have them.
Other than a few glitches, the new format seems to be better.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Whoa.... What is with the new format and tiny text? It is now hard to
> read the email.
>
> Mark V

Messages in this topic (4)

3c. Re: Text DML
Posted by: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com daveswingle2
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:06 pm (PDT)

If you don't like the new ugly HTML email messages
that are arriving from Yahoo groups:

Apparently (from another list) this can be stopped by doing
the following (I'm about to do it..)

>At the bottom of the "new, improved" Yahoo mail messages is a link to
>"Change delivery settings." Click that link, scroll down to "Message
>preferences" and set it to "Traditional." Individuals must change
>their own settings as there is no moderator option to do so.

Sorry I can't change it for everyone, but I'm hoping one change
of preferences applies to all groups one is subscribed to.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Whoa.... What is with the new format and tiny text? It is now hard
> read the email.
>
> Mark V

Messages in this topic (4)

4a. Re: Changing the accumulator?
Posted by: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net jakekamp
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:56 am (PDT)

Nick,

If you want the later style, you'll have to retrofit to a longer hose. -But
much easier is to just buy a new one with the pipe coming out the bottom. I
bought mine from Hervey before anyone else had them. It appears Rob has
them also, and I'm not sure about DMCH. Hervey's fit like a charm and works
great. Be careful though: disconnecting the hoses to the evaporator can be
a real bastard. Don't damage them, or this job will get very long and very
expensive!

The Corvette style ones are MUCH cheaper, but it's not like you have to
change it every year....

Jake Kamphoefner

    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:58 am (PDT)

Nick, I have the correct accumulator in stock for the early vin cars.

I have an early D with the "non-corvette" style accumulator.  Since I was
thinking of changing to R128, and that requires an accumulator change out by
some descriptions, has anyone an opinion of how to change the accumulator to
a more standard version (Corvette or other)?

Nick

Messages in this topic (6)

4c. Re: Changing the accumulator?
    Posted by: "Jim Reeve" dmc6960_at_dml_gmail.com dmc6960
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:03 am (PDT)

Nick, if your looking to change your accumulater to the later style,
your probably going to need a new low-pressure hose.  It *MIGHT* be
possible to have an A/C shop lengthen your existing one with a splice
in the middle-rear of the underbody, thats a big if. Not having an
early car like yours, I do not know if the existing accumulator end
you have will bolt up to the new ones.  Last option, have your
existing hose cut completely in half, then have an A/C shop make a new
half. I can provide the necessary accumulator connection the A/C shop
would need to cap off the one end from my old hoses.

Oh, and its R-134a.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Nick Kemp" <nkemp_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I have an early D with the "non-corvette" style accumulator.  Since
I was
> thinking of changing to R128, and that requires an accumulator
change out by
> some descriptions, has anyone an opinion of how to change the
accumulator to
> a more standard version (Corvette or other)?
>
> Nick
> --

Messages in this topic (6)

5a. Rear Defroster Light Always On
    Posted by: "deloreandmc81" shelbycobra_at_dml_earthlink.net deloreandmc81
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:59 am (PDT)

Hello everybody,
  I had a quick question my rear defrost light, on the console, is
always on and I was wondering what might be the problem?  All I know
is that it started about a month ago and now the light is on all the
time.  The control settings are off so I don't know why the light
would even be on.  So if you guys have any suggestions on what to do I
would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks so much!!

James Andrew Dille
6408

Messages in this topic (2)

5b. Re: Rear Defroster Light Always On
    Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 9:32 am (PDT)

Make sure you have the correct bulb in the correct spot in the
console. Maybe it is switched with the door lock light or the fan
fail. If the defroster is always on that is a problem. The electrical
system cannot handle the defroster staying on for long periods of
time. Disconnect it if you have to to shut it down. Try turning the
defoster on and off. If one of the other lights goes on and off you
know which ones to switch.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "deloreandmc81" <shelbycobra_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>   I had a quick question my rear defrost light, on the console, is
> always on and I was wondering what might be the problem?  All I know
> is that it started about a month ago and now the light is on all the
> time.  The control settings are off so I don't know why the light
> would even be on.  So if you guys have any suggestions on what to do I
> would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks so much!!
>
> James Andrew Dille
> 6408

Messages in this topic (2)

    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:01 am (PDT)

I would like to see Knut in the dunking booth.

Mark V

On Jun 5, 2006, at 7:05 PM, Marc Levy wrote:

>  I am 300 messages behind, so Ken may have replied
>  already.
>
>  He has asked me to run the dunking booth, and based on
>  previous discussion on the DML Video Bob will be
>  participating, as will James Espey and myself.
>
>  I will be looking to recruit more dunkiees at the
>  show. I suspect we can get a few of the DML
>  moderators in there, and some of the other vendors.

Messages in this topic (8)

6b. Re: Dunking Booth? Can we put VB in there?
    Posted by: "conundrum1984" jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com conundrum1984
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:04 pm (PDT)

Heck, if it's hot enough, I might get in.

Matt
VIN: 2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I would like to see Knut in the dunking booth.
>
> Mark V

Messages in this topic (8)

7. Spokane, Wasington to DCS?
    Posted by: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net vin00538
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:04 am (PDT)

Hello, Is there anyone coming from Spokane Washinton Area to the DCS
in Chicago? if there is can you email me please ran into a problem on
shipping a transmission.
Thanks Lawrence 313-506-3786

Messages in this topic (1)

8. Re: Michigan Owners Going To DCS
    Posted by: "John Rydholm" ebondefender_at_dml_yahoo.com ebondefender
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:04 am (PDT)

Wish I could go too, having so much crap going on in life right now. I
had such a blast at Byron's and also at Lawrence's. Maybe moving;
going to visit mom and dad, have to work, no girlfriend (ever),
turning 26 on June 15th...life is difficult. :P At least my car runs
right? -this is usually the part where the tires fall off and the
fusion reactor explodes.- I shall plan to do more with the DeLorean
groups! And someday...10715 will have a better front frame. And proper
sized, non-blown front shocks. And new stainless lower trailing arms.
I hope. :) I did buy new rear tires finally. Proud of myself.

-John M. Rydholm
#10715 Romeo, MI
'82, Manual, grey/black(sun)/ripped/no leather

Messages in this topic (7)

9. AC Compressor?
    Posted by: "Chris" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com chrisau79
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 10:00 am (PDT)

OK......I live in OR so air has never been much of a concern. However,
in the interest of getting everything to work I'm trying to get the
compressor to show some sign of life. The clutch never engages. Is
there a fuse, relay, or a connection I should be checking other than
the normal fuse in the box (it's fine).

Messages in this topic (1)

10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
    Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com sweetp01569
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)

I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan air
away from the gas tank and pump.  However, it did not come with any
installation instructions or fasteners, etc.  I sent an email to John,
but didn't get a response.  Any ideas on how to fasten this item?

Messages in this topic (1)

11. Delorean Engine Question
    Posted by: "mike p" cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com cambpd
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)

Does anyone know if the Delorean PRV engine is an "interference" type  engine?  Does the engine get trashed if the timing chain  breaks?

  Thanks for any information!

Messages in this topic (1)

12. DMCVINS.COM is Online!
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:01 pm (PDT)

THe website is up http://www.dmcvins.com, anyone can submit a picture
for inclusion in the lineup.  Please name the file like this:

VIN First Last Location.jpg

Make sure the files aren't huge but not so small as the pictures are
thumbnail size.  Email to bmanderville(at)comcast.net.

Enjoy, and send those pics in.  This is your site.

Thank you for your support.

Bernie

Messages in this topic (1)

13. Car for sale
    Posted by: "kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net" kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net kkurth092675
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:03 pm (PDT)

hello to everyone on the dml, i never thought that i'd be saying this but i think i may be putting my delorean up for sale.  for those who interested in an extremely well-kept 1982 delorean with 26k miles with the rare island twin-turbo set up with over $15k in parts added to improve the car and bring it up to speed and reliablity.  i have all the receipts and more work has been done improving this car to way better than factory condition that it kills me to even think about selling it.  if any of you would like to see the car in person, i'll be heading to the chicago show in two weeks.  my name is kris kurth and i live in minneapolis.  i may end up selling the delorean collection over and above the price of the car or a total package deal for everything.  i strongly believe that i have one of the most elaborate/rare and expensive delorean/back to the future collections in the world (i'm not kidding when i say the world).  i have a beautiful working dealership sign mounted in my ga
rage, a rare back to the future toy car for small children to drive around also mounted in my garage, and over $15k in my collection alone with top of the line $4k display cabinets showing it all off.  i also have the most rare delorean beautifully framed pictures that money can buy all displayed in my workout room in my home...no money spared.  the only reason for selling it is to put some of the money into my home and i'm considering on buying a lotus esprit/nsx/viper...something with more power but also with the uniqueness.  i would be more than happy to talk in more detail about the extensive list of parts and betterments added to my car and to the collection.  if you saw what i own in person, you wouldn't believe your eyes if i told you.  my collection has been collected from all over the world and much of the collection came from the dmc trustee in detroit when the factory folded under.  i have just about every magazine every featuring the delorean ever made (not just those w
ith deloreans on the cover either).  i have around 125-150 magazines that feature the delorean in some way...all sealed in plastic and again in hardened plastic magazine inserts.  again, no one would be disappointed in what i have.  i would prefer to sell everything in one giant lot and would gladly help anyone package up the collection.  obviously, you'd need to fly to minneapolis or drive here to pick everything up in person.  call me with more details or regarding price.  if you're interested, i may even sell the display cabinets with the collection if you're interested in buying them to display the cabinets.  i'll see you all in chicago and look for the rare delorean with the twin turbo set up.  i'll try to bring some of the collection so you can see some of the rare things that i have.  again, i can't believe i'm actually considering selling my baby...

kris kurth
ham lake, mn

kkurth2675_at_dml_comcast.net
651-253-9226 cell

--
Financial Liberty Mortgage, Corp.
Kris Kurth--General Manager/President

This e-mail is the sole, confidential property of Financial Liberty Mortgage Corporation.

Messages in this topic (3)

14. Chicago show
    Posted by: "lordshill1" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com lordshill1
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:03 pm (PDT)

Hello to all..  With the show days away I was wondering what facilities
for washing the cars will there be?  It would be a great opportunity
for a school club; scouts; etc to offer a hand wash, with the proper
instruction on washing a Delorean, where they could make a few bucks.
I had thought that after a trip of 600 miles that the car would not get
that dirty.  However, after returning from a trip to long Island,
approx 400 miles, that the car gets really dirty.  I hate to show a
dirty car, but if I'm not alone I guess it is ok.  Any touchless washes
around there?

Roy
0893

Messages in this topic (1)

15. Re: Broken Louver- I almost cried
    Posted by: "cupsdmc" cupsdmc_at_dml_yahoo.com cupsdmc
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:04 pm (PDT)

Thanks for all the input.  I started to way the options... $200 for
body shop labor?, $100 paint labor?, my time to drive it to the shop.
I spoke with Steven Wynn last night (I was suprised he answered the
phone) to see what DMC Texas had experience with repairs, and he stated
that most likeley it would break again within the next few years.  So I
just bit the bullet and bought a new one.

I was told by the previous owner that the car was towed backwards right
before I bought it and the louver came up and caused the cracks, so in
the last year they just got worse.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I had a crack in my rear louver and I thought I had corrected it with
> some 2 part epoxy a few months ago.  Yesterday I went to close the
rear
> louver and I gently pushed down with both hands and "SNAP" the whole
> thing broke completely in half and I stood there with half of the
> louvers in my shaking hands.  Has anyone ever repaired this type of
> break?  I'm gonna try a body shop on Monday to see if they can fix
it.
> Please let me know if I am wasting my time on fixing it or should I
> just bite the bullet and buy a new one?  This would happen to me just
> weeks before leaving for the DCS.  Any words of wisdom would be
> welcomed.
>
> Vin 11572

Messages in this topic (8)

16. DMCVINS.COM
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:05 pm (PDT)

All,

Apparently the DNS servers on the Internet have not all completly
updated and you may get a page of adds instead of the site.  Please be
patient, the records have been updated but it can take up to 48 hours
for those changes to propogate.

Bernie

Messages in this topic (1)

17. My NEW D VIN 010003
    Posted by: "Lawrence Lormand" lawrencesr_at_dml_netzero.net vin00538
    Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:05 pm (PDT)

CHECK OUT MY PICTURES OF MY NEWEST DELOREAN VIN 010003 MANUAL UNDER
THE PHOTO SECTION lOOKS ALMOST COUNTOURS DOWN TO THE NCT TIRES. MAKES
CAR # 6
LAWRENCE

Messages in this topic (1)