From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:08 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3278

1. Re: New free 'cell phone' parking lots at Chicago airports
From: d_rex_2002

2a. Re: AC Compressor?
From: Tom Niemczewski

2b. Re: AC Compressor?
From: vin5497

3. Re: Text DML
From: DMCVIN6683

4. Re: Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

5a. Hervey Air Dam Install
From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

5b. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
From: Dave Bauerle

6. broken front tie-down
From: Cliff Schmucker

7. Re: Chicago show
From: Dave Swingle

8a. Warm-up Circuit problem
From: vin5497

8b. Re: Warm-up Circuit problem
From: David Teitelbaum

Messages

1. Re: New free 'cell phone' parking lots at Chicago airports
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:06 pm (PDT)

Flying into Chicago for DCS 2006?

Some info for people flying in for the events next week, especially if they are being picked up at the airport by someone who is already in the Chicago area.

Drivers picking up passengers at Chicago's airports can avoid some of the runaround by using new free cell phone parking lots that have been opened on June 1, 2006.

The lots, located within a five-minute drive of terminals at O'Hare International and Midway Airports, are now open and provide places for motorists to wait for arriving passengers without having to pay to park, waste precious gas or risk ticketing and towing.

After receiving a phone call, drivers can proceed to the terminal to pick up passengers waiting at curbside.

The cell phone lot at O'Hare has 150 spaces designated in economy parking lot F, off Bessie Coleman Drive.
Signs directing drivers to the cell lot are posted on Mannheim and Zemke Roads and on I-190, the access highway from the Kennedy Expressway.

The 90-space cell phone lot at Midway is at 61st Street and Cicero Avenue, south of the main airport entrance.
Signs are installed on Cicero and along the lower-level roadway outside the terminal.

Drivers waiting in the cell phone lots must be inside their vehicles at all times, and parking is limited to one hour. Violators will be ticketed and towed.

Hope everyone has a safe trip here next week.

Messages in this topic (6)

2a. Re: AC Compressor?
Posted by: "Tom Niemczewski" tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl Tomciodmc
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:09 pm (PDT)

Hi Chris

The compressor is controlled by the low pressure switch located at the accumulator. If there is not enough refrigerant in the system the compressor will not come on. This is to protect the compressor from running dry without lubrication.
There is no additional fuse for the compressor except the one in the fuse box.
Have the A/C checked by an a/c shop to make sure the system is not empty.

Good luck

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 5225'17"N 211'59"E
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com

Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:34 pm (PDT)

It may be a bad Field Coil in the A/C compressor clutch. I just recently replaced one. With the engine running and the A/C on, check if there is power going to the Field Coil. Should be 12 volts at the connector on the wire comming from the wire harness going to the coil (the curly red wire). If there is 12 volts, check the resistance from the coil wire to ground. The resistance should be around 4 ohms. If it is zero or a high resistance, you have a bad Field Coil. If none of this makes since, email me and I'll walk you through it.

Wyatt
VIN 05497

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Chris " <chrisau79_at_dml_...> wrote:

> OK......I live in OR so air has never been much of a concern.
However,
> in the interest of getting everything to work I'm trying to get the
> compressor to show some sign of life. The clutch never engages. Is
> there a fuse, relay, or a connection I should be checking other than
> the normal fuse in the box (it's fine).
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
> 06301

Messages in this topic (3)

3. Re: Text DML
Posted by: "DMCVIN6683" dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com snextime
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:30 pm (PDT)

Thanks Dave.

I just changed mine, I will see how it works with the new batch of emails i get.

Mark V

On Jun 6, 2006, at 6:18 PM, Dave Swingle wrote:

> If you don't like the new ugly HTML email messages that are arriving
> from Yahoo groups:
>
> Apparently (from another list) this can be stopped by doing the
> following (I'm about to do it..)
>
> >At the bottom of the "new, improved" Yahoo mail messages is a link
> to >"Change delivery settings." Click that link, scroll down to
> "Message >preferences" and set it to "Traditional." Individuals must
> change >their own settings as there is no moderator option to do so.
>
> Sorry I can't change it for everyone, but I'm hoping one change of
> preferences applies to all groups one is subscribed to.
>
> Dave S
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_...> wrote:
> >
> > Whoa.... What is with the new format and tiny text? It is now hard
> to > read the email.
> >
> > Mark V

Messages in this topic (6)

4. Re: Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
Posted by: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com lordshill1
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:30 pm (PDT)

Paul...

I too have the dam. If you have a lift it is easier to install then. It is hard to describe without pictures so I will take photos tomorrow and e-mail tomorrow. It is a simple installation using some sheet metal screws (stainless). It bends into the curve of the fiberglass in the front and the straight part is on the bottom. Pictures will speak a thousand words.
Roy
0893

In a message dated 6/6/2006 8:02:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com writes:

I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan air
away from the gas tank and pump. However, it did not come with any
installation instructions or fasteners, etc. I sent an email to John,
but didn't get a response. Any ideas on how to fasten this item?

Messages in this topic (2)

5a. Hervey Air Dam Install
Posted by: "whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com" whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com whocruiser
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:36 pm (PDT)

In a message dated 6/6/2006 8:07:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,

10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com sweetp01569
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)

I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan air
away from the gas tank and pump. However, it did not come with any
installation instructions or fasteners, etc. I sent an email to John,
but didn't get a response. Any ideas on how to fasten this item?

Thanks,

Paul -

I just put one in myself this week in preparation for the long hot drive
from Florida up to Chicago for DCS. It almost holds itself in, just need to put
a small band of metal strapping around the frame member by the bottom center
of the rubber dam where it curves backward and bend then bend some of the
excess strapping up to hold it firmly in place, at least that's what I did.
John has a picture of the air dam mounted on a car as seen from below on his
web site, I just worked it out from that...

*****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris*****
WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
(http://www.scificruise.com/)
Purr-use The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
(http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Messages in this topic (2)

5b. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
Posted by: "Dave Bauerle" dave.bauerle1_at_dml_verizon.net kardokl
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:41 pm (PDT)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, whocruiser_at_dml_... wrote:

> In a message dated 6/6/2006 8:07:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com writes:
>
> 10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
> Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_... sweetp01569
> Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)
>
> I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan
air
> away from the gas tank and pump. However, it did not come with
any
> installation instructions or fasteners, etc. I sent an email to
John,
> but didn't get a response. Any ideas on how to fasten this item?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Paul -
>
> I just put one in myself this week in preparation for the long hot
drive
> from Florida up to Chicago for DCS. It almost holds itself in,
just need to put
> a small band of metal strapping around the frame member by the
bottom center
> of the rubber dam where it curves backward and bend then bend some
of the
> excess strapping up to hold it firmly in place, at least that's
what I did.
> John has a picture of the air dam mounted on a car as seen from
below on his
> web site, I just worked it out from that...

Guys,
I am the original designer & manufacturer of the "Heat Shield".
After selling these for about 20 years I gave John the right to
manufacture & distribute them. The "Heat Shield" has been installed
on hundreds of DMC's and works great. It was even copied without
permission by a west coast vendor(not Ed) for a while. It is easy to
install and can be done different ways. We always installed it and
pushed it up against the under body while drilling 3 holes through
the shield and the lower frame face. Then we installed nickle plated
trim screws to hold it into place. Rob Grady purchased & installed
them. He had a clip that went over the edge of the frame and under
the shield. This worked well and eliminated the need to drill holes.
The "Heat Shield" greatly reduced the amount of heat and road crud
from hitting the fuel tank/pump and other wiring. It worked well to
reduce fuel pump noise created by heat that was such a problem. John
has done a better job of producing them, making them look better than
when we hand cut them. If you have any more questions on what they do
or how to install let me know. I still have the old instructions and
installation pictures.
Dave

> *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_... is Dan Harris*****
> WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page:
_http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
> (http://www.scificruise.com/)
> Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
> (http://www.scificruise.com/)
> Purr-use The Cat House at:
_http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
> (http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Messages in this topic (2)

6. broken front tie-down
Posted by: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com cliff_schmucker
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:38 pm (PDT)

does anyone have any suggestions on trailering a Delorean with a
broken right front tie-down attachment point?

thanks, Cliff

Messages in this topic (2)

7. Re: Chicago show
Posted by: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com daveswingle2
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:42 pm (PDT)

There will be a handout as you register showing the closest 3 car
washes, info on local free transportation to shopping, and local auto
parts stores. Including a 24-hour Advance Auto Parts!

Two of the car washes are DIY quarter washes, one is a fancy one where
actual humans will wash your car.

Dave S

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "lordshill1" <lordshill_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hello to all.. With the show days away I was wondering what
facilities
> for washing the cars will there be? It would be a great opportunity
> for a school club; scouts; etc to offer a hand wash, with the proper
> instruction on washing a Delorean, where they could make a few
bucks.
> I had thought that after a trip of 600 miles that the car would not

Messages in this topic (2)

8a. Warm-up Circuit problem
Posted by: "vin5497" DMC5497_at_dml_comcast.net vin5497
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 7:43 pm (PDT)

I am having a problem with the Warm-up Circuit. The engine starts and
idles fine, cold or warm. Within a minute of starting, the engine
begins to hesitate during acceleration. After the engine has warmed
up, it runs fine. This problem occurred without warning. One day the
car was running fine. I drove it after it sat for 2 weeks and it has
been demonstrating these symptoms ever since.
What are the most common failures in the Warm-up Circuit?
Is there any troubleshooting I can do without a fuel pressure gauge?
If it is the Control Pressure Regulator, can it be removed and taken
apart without the risk of damaging it more? I would really like to
fix this, but I do not want to make things worse a week before I drive
it to the DCS.

Wyatt
VIN 05497

Messages in this topic (2)

8b. Re: Warm-up Circuit problem
Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 8:49 pm (PDT)

From your description of symptoms I would agree that the Control
Pressure Regulator would be the prime suspect. It can be confirmed
either by using a pressure gauge or replacing with a known, good part.
You can try taking it apart and repairing it. I think there is a
procedure over at dmcnews.com. It basicaly consists of disassembly,
cleaning, repairing the burnt wiring inside, and reassembly. Do not
touch any of the calibrated adjustments. The easiest way to go is to
just get another and send the old one back as a core.