From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 6:50 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3279

There are 25 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1. Re: Warm-up Circuit problem
From: John Hervey


2a. Re: broken front tie-down
From: mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net

2b. Re: broken front tie-down
From: Matthew Cooley


3a. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
From: John Hervey

3b. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
From: sweetp01569


4a. Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
From: sacredlettuce2000

4b. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
From: Bob Brandys

4c. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
From: sacredlettuce2000

4d. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
From: Bob Brandys

4e. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
From: sacredlettuce2000


5a. DeLorean accessories
From: Tell you if you ask.

5b. Re: DeLorean accessories
From: Tom Niemczewski

5c. Re: DeLorean accessories
From: Tom Tait

5d. Re: DeLorean accessories
From: silverdelorean2002

5e. Re: DeLorean accessories
From: Michael Paine


6. Re: Chicago show
From: gullwingmag


7. Affordable RPM guage and speedometer
From: sweetp01569


8. Re: Text DML
From: giantscorner


9a. DeLorean parts for sale at DCS 2006
From: James Espey

9b. Re: DeLorean parts for sale at DCS 2006
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net


10a. Show Stopper?
From: mike p

10b. Re: Show Stopper?
From: Matt Spittle


11. Re: My NEW D VIN 010003
From: Bernie


12. DeLorean community presence opportunity near Portland, OR
From: ksgrimsr


13. DCS Fun Facts
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com



Messages

1. Re: Warm-up Circuit problem
Posted by: "John Hervey" john_at_dml_specialtauto.com johnatspecialt
Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 7:59 am (PDT)

Wyatt, Be careful in taking it apart, There are small parts inside that will come loose and you will have to keep up with where they go. The only thing you can do is maybe clean it if it looks like it needs it. The adjustments would have to be done with test equipment made for doing it. If you decide to get a new rebuilt one, I have them for $149.95 with a 5 year warranty.

Let me know if I can help.

John Hervey

www.specialtauto.com <http://www.specialtauto.com/>







_____

From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
vin5497
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:05 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Warm-up Circuit problem

 

I am having a problem with the Warm-up Circuit. The engine starts and idles fine, cold or warm. Within a minute of starting, the engine begins to hesitate during acceleration. After the engine has warmed up, it runs fine. This problem occurred without warning. One day the car was running fine. I drove it after it sat for 2 weeks and it has been demonstrating these symptoms ever since.
What are the most common failures in the Warm-up Circuit?
Is there any troubleshooting I can do without a fuel pressure gauge?
If it is the Control Pressure Regulator, can it be removed and taken apart without the risk of damaging it more? I would really like to fix this, but I do not want to make things worse a week before I drive it to the DCS.

Wyatt
VIN 05497

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Messages in this topic (3)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

2a. Re: broken front tie-down
    Posted by: "mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net" mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net roscsyl
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 8:02 am (PDT)

If your trailer has the attachments for it, use the nylon tire straps.  They capture the tires by looping over the top of tires.  One end is fixed to the trailer and a strap wratchet tightens the straps, holding the tires to the trailer.  This leaves the car suspension free to do it's thing.  It's a good idea to also use a safety strap between the frame and the trailer just in case.
 
--
Mike


-------------- Original message from Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com>: -------------- 


> does anyone have any suggestions on trailering a Delorean with a 
> broken right front tie-down attachment point?
> 
> thanks, Cliff
> 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________

2b. Re: broken front tie-down
    Posted by: "Matthew Cooley" WHENRWE_at_dml_gmail.com dmc5524
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:46 pm (PDT)

I wouldn't recommend the nylon tire straps if you are going any
distance. They work great on tow trucks and the like but have some
disadvantages. You really don't want the car "suspension free to do
it's thing". Besides prematurely wearing suspension parts (i.e.
shocks) the weight of the car moving around can wreak havoc on a small
trailer or light duty tow vehicle, especially in an emergency
maneuver. Factor in a persons lack of experience and you compound the
problem.

The best solution would be to fix the broken tie down loop and check
the rest while you are at it.

Matthew



On 6/7/06, mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net <mike.griese_at_dml_worldnet.att.net> wrote:
> If your trailer has the attachments for it, use the nylon tire straps.  They
> capture the tires by looping over the top of tires.  One end is fixed to
> the trailer and a strap wratchet tightens the straps, holding the tires to the
> trailer.  This leaves the car suspension free to do it's thing.  It's a good
> idea to also use a safety strap between the frame and the trailer just in
> case.
>
> --
> Mike





Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

3a. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
    Posted by: "John Hervey" john_at_dml_specialtauto.com johnatspecialt
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 8:03 am (PDT)

Paul, Sorry I didn't see or get your email. I have some clips made out of
strapping material I can send and as far as installation I assume it's was
pretty straight forward with the picture on the web site as far as where it
goes. If any other help is needed or if you want me to send the clips I for
mine, I'll be glad to do so.

John Hervey

www.specialtauto.com <http://www.specialtauto.com/> 

 

 

 

  _____  

From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Dave Bauerle
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:11 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Re: Hervey Air Dam Install

 

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
whocruiser_at_dml_... wrote:
>
> 
> In a message dated 6/6/2006 8:07:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, 
> dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> .com writes:
> 
> 10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
> Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_... sweetp01569
> Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)
> 
> I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan 
air 
> away from the gas tank and pump. However, it did not come with 
any 
> installation instructions or fasteners, etc. I sent an email to 
John, 
> but didn't get a response. Any ideas on how to fasten this item?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> 
> Paul -
> 
> I just put one in myself this week in preparation for the long hot 
drive 
> from Florida up to Chicago for DCS. It almost holds itself in, 
just need to put 
> a small band of metal strapping around the frame member by the 
bottom center 
> of the rubber dam where it curves backward and bend then bend some 
of the 
> excess strapping up to hold it firmly in place, at least that's 
what I did. 
> John has a picture of the air dam mounted on a car as seen from 
below on his 
> web site, I just worked it out from that...
> 
Guys,
I am the original designer & manufacturer of the "Heat Shield". 
After selling these for about 20 years I gave John the right to 
manufacture & distribute them. The "Heat Shield" has been installed 
on hundreds of DMC's and works great. It was even copied without 
permission by a west coast vendor(not Ed) for a while. It is easy to 
install and can be done different ways. We always installed it and 
pushed it up against the under body while drilling 3 holes through 
the shield and the lower frame face. Then we installed nickle plated 
trim screws to hold it into place. Rob Grady purchased & installed 
them. He had a clip that went over the edge of the frame and under 
the shield. This worked well and eliminated the need to drill holes. 
The "Heat Shield" greatly reduced the amount of heat and road crud 
from hitting the fuel tank/pump and other wiring. It worked well to 
reduce fuel pump noise created by heat that was such a problem. John 
has done a better job of producing them, making them look better than 
when we hand cut them. If you have any more questions on what they do 
or how to install let me know. I still have the old instructions and 
installation pictures.
Dave
> 
> 
> *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_... is Dan Harris*****
> WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: 
_http://members. <http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_> aol.com/WhoCruiser_ 
> (http://www.scificru <http://www.scificruise.com/> ise.com/) 
> Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificru
<http://www.scificruise.com_> ise.com_ 
> (http://www.scificru <http://www.scificruise.com/> ise.com/) 
> Purr-use The Cat House at: 
_http://members. <http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_>
aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_ 
> (http://members. <http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage>
aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage) 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________

3b. Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
    Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com sweetp01569
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 9:23 am (PDT)

Hi John,

Perhaps I have a bad email address.  No problem. if you could send 
those clips, I will refer to your website photo for installation 
guidance. Thanks for your help and others who responded.  The dam 
sounds like a good solution for hot air and debris.

Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "John Hervey" <john_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Paul, Sorry I didn't see or get your email. I have some clips made 
out of
> strapping material I can send and as far as installation I assume 
it's was
> pretty straight forward with the picture on the web site as far as 
where it
> goes. If any other help is needed or if you want me to send the 
clips I for
> mine, I'll be glad to do so.
> 
> John Hervey
> 
> www.specialtauto.com <http://www.specialtauto.com/> 
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>  
> 
>   _____  
> 
> From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On 
Behalf Of
> Dave Bauerle
> Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:11 PM
> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DML] Re: Hervey Air Dam Install
> 
>  
> 
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> .com,
> whocruiser_at_dml_ wrote:
> >
> > 
> > In a message dated 6/6/2006 8:07:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, 
> > dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups <mailto:dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com> .com 
writes:
> > 
> > 10. Hot Air Dam from SpecialT
> > Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_ sweetp01569
> > Date: Tue Jun 6, 2006 5:00 pm (PDT)
> > 
> > I recently purchased the rubber hot air dam that diverts hot fan 
> air 
> > away from the gas tank and pump. However, it did not come with 
> any 
> > installation instructions or fasteners, etc. I sent an email to 
> John, 
> > but didn't get a response. Any ideas on how to fasten this item?
> > 
> > Thanks,
> > 
> > 
> > Paul -
> > 
> > I just put one in myself this week in preparation for the long 
hot 
> drive 
> > from Florida up to Chicago for DCS. It almost holds itself in, 
> just need to put 
> > a small band of metal strapping around the frame member by the 
> bottom center 
> > of the rubber dam where it curves backward and bend then bend 
some 
> of the 
> > excess strapping up to hold it firmly in place, at least that's 
> what I did. 
> > John has a picture of the air dam mounted on a car as seen from 
> below on his 
> > web site, I just worked it out from that...
> > 
> Guys,
> I am the original designer & manufacturer of the "Heat Shield". 
> After selling these for about 20 years I gave John the right to 
> manufacture & distribute them. The "Heat Shield" has been 
installed 
> on hundreds of DMC's and works great. It was even copied without 
> permission by a west coast vendor(not Ed) for a while. It is easy 
to 
> install and can be done different ways. We always installed it and 
> pushed it up against the under body while drilling 3 holes through 
> the shield and the lower frame face. Then we installed nickle 
plated 
> trim screws to hold it into place. Rob Grady purchased & installed 
> them. He had a clip that went over the edge of the frame and under 
> the shield. This worked well and eliminated the need to drill 
holes. 
> The "Heat Shield" greatly reduced the amount of heat and road crud 
> from hitting the fuel tank/pump and other wiring. It worked well 
to 
> reduce fuel pump noise created by heat that was such a problem. 
John 
> has done a better job of producing them, making them look better 
than 
> when we hand cut them. If you have any more questions on what they 
do 
> or how to install let me know. I still have the old instructions 
and 
> installation pictures.
> Dave
> > 
> > 
> > *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_ is Dan Harris*****
> > WhoCruiser's Personal Home Page: 
> _http://members. <http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_> 
aol.com/WhoCruiser_ 
> > (http://www.scificru <http://www.scificruise.com/> ise.com/) 
> > Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificru
> <http://www.scificruise.com_> ise.com_ 
> > (http://www.scificru <http://www.scificruise.com/> ise.com/) 
> > Purr-use The Cat House at: 
> _http://members. <http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_>
> aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_ 
> > (http://members. <http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage>
> aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage) 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>









Messages in this topic (4)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

4a. Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
    Posted by: "sacredlettuce2000" sacredlettuce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com sacredlettuce2000
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 8:07 am (PDT)

Long-time-lurker with a project D here.
I have a zf 4hp22hl tiptronic porsche tranny coming in the next 2
weeks or so,  and was wondering if anyone had info on mounting the
transmission.
Does anyone have any info on axle legnth?
Thanks in advance.








Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

4b. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
    Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 9:20 am (PDT)

SL,

I put a 4HP22E in my D behind the V8.  I used the porsche trans bracket 
and mounts and then custom fabricated a 18" crossmember that bolts to 
the frame.

As for the axles.  I had Moser make them.  They used 1" diameter full 
length.  Not the taped on the stock D.

You could try cutting the axles and welding them.  Add a slip over pipe 
before you start the axle welding.   Grind the axle weld smooth, then 
slip the pipe over and weld it also to the axle.

Bob

Are you sure it is an HL?   The E is the tiptronic.






Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

4c. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
    Posted by: "sacredlettuce2000" sacredlettuce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com sacredlettuce2000
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:03 pm (PDT)

Thanks for the info.
The tranny I am getting is a 89-93 from a 911.  It says 4hp22HL on the
plate.  It also has the shifter, shifter cable, oil coooler, torque
converter bellhousing,  the trans crossmember,  and the control box.
The shifter has the little side area with the + and - selector,  so I
thought it was tiptronic. Now I just need to decide on what engine to
get the adapter plate for.   

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> SL,
> 
> I put a 4HP22E in my D behind the V8.  I used the porsche trans bracket 
> and mounts and then custom fabricated a 18" crossmember that bolts to 
> the frame.
> 
> As for the axles.  I had Moser make them.  They used 1" diameter full 
> length.  Not the taped on the stock D.
> 
> You could try cutting the axles and welding them.  Add a slip over pipe 
> before you start the axle welding.   Grind the axle weld smooth, then 
> slip the pipe over and weld it also to the axle.
> 
> Bob
> 
> Are you sure it is an HL?   The E is the tiptronic.
>









Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

4d. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
    Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:43 pm (PDT)

Can you send me a picture of the trans?  If there is a control box, it 
is more likely an E.

I also have trans case that say  HP22HL.  It was an E rebuilt with an 
HL case.
Bob






Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

4e. Re: Replacing auto with zf4hp22hl tranny... anyone have info?
    Posted by: "sacredlettuce2000" sacredlettuce2000_at_dml_yahoo.com sacredlettuce2000
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:11 pm (PDT)

I've added the pictures I have of the tranny to the files section
under the folder name "ZF 4HP22HL"

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Bob Brandys <BobB_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Can you send me a picture of the trans?  If there is a control box, it 
> is more likely an E.
> 
> I also have trans case that say  HP22HL.  It was an E rebuilt with an 
> HL case.
> Bob
>










Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

5a. DeLorean accessories
    Posted by: "Tell you if you ask." racuti1_at_dml_delorean.com cruznmd
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 8:08 am (PDT)

Who's the fellow selling the smoked head light and tail light lens 
covers and the convex mirrors?

I've looked through the DeLorean vendors and links and couldn't find 
it.

Rich A.
#5335







Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

5b. Re: DeLorean accessories
    Posted by: "Tom Niemczewski" tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl Tomciodmc
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 10:38 am (PDT)

Hello Rich

I am the one with the extended convex mirrors for the DeLorean. They can be
purchased through my website at www.deloreana.com

I don't know anything about the smoked lenses though. It wasn't me.


Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth:  5225'17"N 211'59"E
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com



----- Original Message ----- 

> Who's the fellow selling the smoked head light and tail light lens
> covers and the convex mirrors?
>
> I've looked through the DeLorean vendors and links and couldn't find
> it.
>
> Rich A.
> #5335





Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

5c. Re: DeLorean accessories
    Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 10:38 am (PDT)

There is a set of convex mirrors currently on ebay.

 

________________________________

From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Tell you if you ask.
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:58 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] DeLorean accessories

 

Who's the fellow selling the smoked head light and tail light lens 
covers and the convex mirrors?

I've looked through the DeLorean vendors and links and couldn't find 
it.

Rich A.
#5335

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

5d. Re: DeLorean accessories
    Posted by: "silverdelorean2002" jon_at_dml_jonbrodi.com silverdelorean2002
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:18 pm (PDT)

I sell the Smoked headlight covers. Email me off list at 
idorbindustries_at_dml_hotmail.com

Jon
IDORB
--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Tom Tait" <TTait_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> There is a set of convex mirrors currently on ebay.
> 
>  
> 
> ________________________________
> 
> From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com [mailto:dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com] On 
Behalf
> Of Tell you if you ask.
> Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:58 AM
> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DML] DeLorean accessories
> 
>  
> 
> Who's the fellow selling the smoked head light and tail light lens 
> covers and the convex mirrors?
> 
> I've looked through the DeLorean vendors and links and couldn't 
find 
> it.
> 
> Rich A.
> #5335
> 
>  
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>








Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________

5e. Re: DeLorean accessories
    Posted by: "Michael Paine" mpaine_at_dml_tycomsystems.com minox8x11
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:23 pm (PDT)

The lenses were made by idorb as seen in an ebay auction.

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 17:58:12 +0200
  "Tom Niemczewski" <tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
>Hello Rich
>
>I am the one with the extended convex mirrors for the 
>DeLorean. They can be
>purchased through my website at www.deloreana.com
>
>I don't know anything about the smoked lenses though. It 
>wasn't me.
>
>
>Tom Niemczewski
>vin 6149 (in Poland!)
>Google earth:  5225'17"N 211'59"E
>tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
>www.deloreana.com
>
>
>
>----- Original Message ----- 
>
>> Who's the fellow selling the smoked head light and tail 
>>light lens
>> covers and the convex mirrors?
>>
>> I've looked through the DeLorean vendors and links and 
>>couldn't find
>> it.
>>
>> Rich A.
>> #5335
>
>
>
>
>
>To address comments privately to the moderating team, 
>please address:
>moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com
>
>For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale 
>see www.dmcnews.com
>
>To search the archives or view files, log in at 
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
> 
>
>





Messages in this topic (5)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

6. Re: Chicago show
    Posted by: "gullwingmag" gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net gullwingmag
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 9:21 am (PDT)

Maybe the Corvette guys will wash them for us.

Ron

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "lordshill1" <lordshill_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Hello to all..  With the show days away I was wondering what 
facilities 
> for washing the cars will there be?  It would be a great 
opportunity 
> for a school club; scouts; etc to offer a hand wash, with the 
proper 
> instruction on washing a Delorean, where they could make a few 
bucks.  
> I had thought that after a trip of 600 miles that the car would not 
get 
> that dirty.  However, after returning from a trip to long Island, 
> approx 400 miles, that the car gets really dirty.  I hate to show a 
> dirty car, but if I'm not alone I guess it is ok.  Any touchless 
washes 
> around there?
> 
> Roy
> 0893
>








Messages in this topic (3)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

7. Affordable RPM guage and speedometer
    Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com sweetp01569
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 10:38 am (PDT)

I believe I have a bad RPM gauge and interested in buying a new one. 
At the same time, while I have the cluster out, I'm thinking about 
replacing the 85 mph speedo with the 140 mph version.  Who sells these 
at a reasonable price? I think I've seen the speedo selling for over 
$300, which seems high to me.  Also, is the new speedometer calibrated 
with my current mileage number?

Thanks,

Paul







Messages in this topic (1)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

8. Re: Text DML
    Posted by: "giantscorner" giantscorner_at_dml_yahoo.com giantscorner
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 10:41 am (PDT)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> Whoa.... What is with the new format and tiny text? It is now hard to 
> read the email.
> 
> Mark V
>
New to the postings but I Like it, I already have my Computer Font size 
larger (For my aging eyes) so it's perfect, Great change/format

John
3720








Messages in this topic (7)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

9a. DeLorean parts for sale at DCS 2006
    Posted by: "James Espey" james_at_dml_delorean.com dmchelp
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:03 pm (PDT)

DMC (Texas) will have it's usual large display of parts and accessories 
available for purchase at DCS next weekend, but invariably there are 
always some things that people want that we have not brought.

If you have any special requests for things to be brought to DCS, these 
orders should be placed and paid for with us now over the phone or 
online with instructions to bring them to DCS.

Thanks!

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com






Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________

9b. Re: DeLorean parts for sale at DCS 2006
    Posted by: "delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net" delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net 
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:16 pm (PDT)

James:

What is the status of your reproduction / replacement dashboards?  Will they be available for sale at the DCS?

Thanks,

Jason

-------------- Original message -------------- 
From: James Espey <james_at_dml_delorean.com> 

> DMC (Texas) will have it's usual large display of parts and accessories 
> available for purchase at DCS next weekend, but invariably there are 
> always some things that people want that we have not brought. 
> 
> If you have any special requests for things to be brought to DCS, these 
> orders should be placed and paid for with us now over the phone or 
> online with instructions to bring them to DCS. 
> 
> Thanks! 
> 
> James Espey 
> DMC (Texas) 
> http://www.delorean.com 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address: 
> moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com 
> 
> For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com 
> 
> To search the archives or view files, log in at 
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews 
> Yahoo! Groups Links 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

10a. Show Stopper?
    Posted by: "mike p" cambpd_at_dml_yahoo.com cambpd
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:07 pm (PDT)

    Went to replace the motor mounts.  Jacked the engine up  3".  This is what was found: The portion of the engine block that  mounts the engine to the motor mounts has corroded away and separated from the engine block.  What  remains of that portion of the engine block is hideously stuck in the motor  mounts.  Is this an engine show stopper? 
  
  Has anyone had this problem?  And did you have to replace the engine or  could you fabricate and weld adequate aluminum hardware to the engine block  that allowed you to mount the engine to the frame motor mounts?
  
  Thanks in advance for any advice.  :(
    
 __________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
http://mail.yahoo.com 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________

10b. Re: Show Stopper?
    Posted by: "Matt Spittle" matthew.spittle_at_dml_gmail.com supermattthehero
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:49 pm (PDT)

Welcome to Matt Spittle's world, my friend.  Those members of the DML
who were at Pigeon Forge 2 years ago got to see my lower crankcase on
display in the vendors area, WITH THE SAME PROBLEM.  Most seem to
think it's caused by the motor mount stud rusting, expanding, and
cracking the aluminum mount.  You may be able to find a welder, but in
my case, I bought a new lower crankcase and replaced it.  This of
course involves pulling the engine (my first time!).  Looks like
they're selling for $328 from www.delorean.com but you may be able to
find a used one somewhere.

I would advise the other owners to get under there and check out your
motor mounts because this is probably the 4th or 5th case of this
happening I've heard of, and it only seems to be noticed when they're
checked - otherwise they appear to be fine just by looking at them. 

Matt
#1604


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, mike p <cambpd_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
>     Went to replace the motor mounts.  Jacked the engine up  3". 
This is what was found: The portion of the engine block that  mounts
the engine to the motor mounts has corroded away and separated from
the engine block.  What  remains of that portion of the engine block
is hideously stuck in the motor  mounts.  Is this an engine show stopper? 
>   
>   Has anyone had this problem?  And did you have to replace the
engine or  could you fabricate and weld adequate aluminum hardware to
the engine block  that allowed you to mount the engine to the frame
motor mounts?
>   
>   Thanks in advance for any advice.  :(
>     
>  __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around 
> http://mail.yahoo.com 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>









Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

11. Re: My NEW D VIN 010003
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:46 pm (PDT)

Why not email pics of all 6 of your cars, with you in the pics, using
the file name format of:

VIN First Last Location.jpg, 

and I will put all of them on DMCVINS.COM.

The first sister car I have actually matches one of mine!  6703 and
6704 (mine). I know 6704's pic isn't on the site yet, but I don't have
any pics of it with me  That's one of the things this is website all
about.  Please keep the pics at a resonable size of less than 1MB, but
large enough not to be just a thumbnail.

Thanks,

Bernie


--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Lawrence Lormand" <lawrencesr_at_dml_...> wrote:
>
> CHECK OUT MY PICTURES OF MY NEWEST DELOREAN VIN 010003 MANUAL UNDER 
> THE PHOTO SECTION lOOKS ALMOST COUNTOURS DOWN TO THE NCT TIRES. MAKES 
> CAR # 6
> LAWRENCE
>









Messages in this topic (2)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

12. DeLorean community presence opportunity near Portland, OR
    Posted by: "ksgrimsr" knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com ksgrimsr
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 1:51 pm (PDT)

Hi guys,

The Beaverton city council countacted me with a request for a 
community event later this summer.

The arts council puts on a summer series called "Flicks by the 
Fountain" where they show movies outdoor in the park by the 
Beaverton city center.

The last movie in the series they are showing near the end of August 
is Back to the Future, and as part of the pre-show festivities they 
have asked if a few DeLoreans in the area are willing to park in a 
blocked off area next to the park.

Please contact me on the side if you are interested and willing to 
participate in the community event to generate exposure for our 
cars. I have all the details and will coordinate our participation 
(and finalize commitment to the city based on response).

  Knut









Messages in this topic (1)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

13. DCS Fun Facts
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Wed Jun 7, 2006 4:11 pm (PDT)

Here is something I  just noticed while entering the last set of registrations
 
Before May 1st about 50% of the people registering registered their cars.
 
After the May 1st date that began to drop quickly and now less than 10% are registering their cars
 
I think after today all of the vendors I know that will be there are registered.
Three registered in the past two days.
 
Raffle car sales are a bit up from the last time so as of my last count we were above 350 and hopefully after this weekend you can make it to 400.
 
Europe guests have been making quite a few reservations in the past two weeks.
 
Again prior to May 1st we had most people that registered do all three nights
 
After May 1st it has been varied with maybe 40% not going all three nights 
 
HOTEL:  NO I DON"T HAVE ANY ROOMS IN FACT I NEED TWO
 
Another fact from the room list I just got from PHeasant run and the Hampton we still have aabout 12% not registered.  Three of them from the Cincinnati area and you know who you are.
 
Thats all for now
 
Ken
________________________________________________________________________
Check out AOL.com today. Breaking news, video search, pictures, email and IM. All on demand. Always Free.


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]






Messages in this topic (1)
________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________

To address comments privately to the moderating team, please address:
moderators_at_dml_dmcnews.com

For more info on the list, tech articles, cars for sale see www.dmcnews.com

To search the archives or view files, log in at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------