From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 10:42 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3283

1. Re: Freon 12: Evil Stuff
From: robert parker

2a. Re: Delorean Product Oversight Committee
From: Steven L. Alves

2b. Re: Delorean Product Oversight Committee
From: Marc Levy

3a. Pheasant Run from Downtown?
From: Tom Tait

3b. Re: Pheasant Run from Downtown?
From: Bob Brandys

4. Lower/Upper Speedo Cable Removal?
From: Cal

5. Re: windshield trim - help!
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Fuel issues - Replaced nearly everything
From: seanhagan

7. GPD racketeering and fraud trial, Detroit 1986
From: Elias Pierro

8. Another new Delorean product available
From: Hank

Messages

1. Re: Freon 12: Evil Stuff
Posted by: "robert parker" roberthparker_at_dml_hotmail.com
Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm (PDT)

Indeed, it seems interesting that right about the time DuPont's patent on
Freon expired, it is suddenly decreed a pariah by "The Experts". Paul
Harvey reported that the same scientists who labeled Freon a "hazard", also stated that anything that produces heat is "hazardous to the ozone layer".
E.G.: camp fires, foundries, hearth fires, wood stoves, engines, etc. I
smell "fertilizer"! I will be recharging my Delorean with R-12. Things
that make you go- "Hmmmm!" Drive Stainless (Stay Cool)
Robert VIN 6924

From: "Alan Roberts" <twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net>
To: "Postings DMC News" <dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [DML] RE: Freon 12: Evil Stuff

Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:24:17 -0700

For anyone who is concerned, Freon 12 was invented (derived?) or whatever to
be "heavy molecule" which would "fall to the floor" if it leaked out of a
system.  It was banned by international treaty because of its reaction with
Ozone in the Ozone layer many thousands of feet up.  Do you think that this
was a political decision, not made by a scientist?

AL
Al Roberts
twodelo2_at_dml_earthlink.net
#4639/#16049

Messages in this topic (2)

2a. Re: Delorean Product Oversight Committee
    Posted by: "Steven L. Alves" steve_at_dml_fotofx.net fotofx2001
    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:16 pm (PDT)

I thought we had it already, isn't that what the DML is for :-)

    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:35 pm (PDT)

I am a cynical guy, so I will say that it would be a
hard thing to keep such a committee unbiased.

--- Tom Watkins <outatime81_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would like opinions on the creation of a "Delorean
> Product Oversight Commitee" that would be a watchdog
> "Consumer Reports" type group keeping an eye out for

Messages in this topic (6)

3a. Pheasant Run from Downtown?
    Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:18 pm (PDT)

I'm going to be working in Chicago when the show is running,  I wasn't
planning on having a car as my downtown hotel is close to the job site.
Can anyone tell me if there is a commuter train out to the show or
similar?

Tom

Messages in this topic (2)

3b. Re: Pheasant Run from Downtown?
    Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:30 pm (PDT)

tom

you can take a train to st charles and then a cab to PR

Messages in this topic (2)

4. Lower/Upper Speedo Cable Removal?
    Posted by: "Cal" thecal_at_dml_optonline.net Namlemez
    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:48 pm (PDT)

I see people discussing removing the lower and upper speedo cables, but
is there any sort of process here to follow? The fitting for the lower
cable where it connects to the lambda counter doesn't seem like it
unscrews and looks just clamped on. Do I need to pull harder? How about
the upper cable? I unscrewed the collar fitting but it didn't seem to
want to pull out of the counter either.

Background:
I've got a little bounce in my speedo needle and wanted to figure out
where the problem was. The dust cap square hole looked good, and angle
drive was well-oiled (topped it off anyway) so I used a drill like
suggested to spin the inner cable and see what happened. I first
connected the drill at the dust cap and still got a bouncy needle. Then
I disconnected the lower cable from the angle drive, pulled it out of
the support bracket (which is firm and in good condition) and attached
the drill to that and the needle still bounced. So the problem is
somewhere upstream of the angle drive.

-Cal

Messages in this topic (1)

5. Re: windshield trim - help!
    Posted by: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com soma576
    Date: Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:23 pm (PDT)

Ah, never mind on this one.  Looks like it needs two per side.   Since I
don't have enough pads to go around, I used some of that double sided  tape that
Randall from AZ-D gave out in Pigeon Forge - I ran one strip of it the  whole
length under the trim piece, then affixed the whole thing w/o any  pads.  This
worked well and I think it will be better than OEM, since the  metal parts
stick to the window now!

Andy

In a message dated 6/10/2006 10:41:30 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Soma576_at_dml_aol.com writes:

Hey  Guys,

Just finishing up a couple of projects before Chicago -

I  refinished my windshield trim pieces and ordered new A-pillar
weatherstripping and PAD #108584, one each for the side trim pieces, as  the
parts manual
suggests.  But in the drawing, the pads look  like they are as  long as the
entire trim piece - the actual pad is  only half as long.   Should I re-use
my two
old ones so I have  two on each side?  I know for  sure the top one on the
D/S
blew  out of the trim while driving a couple of years  ago, so I am pretty
sure they should run the length of the windshield.  The  parts  manual must
be
wrong?

Andy

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean  DMC12 VIN 11596

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Messages in this topic (2)

6. Re: Fuel issues - Replaced nearly everything
    Posted by: "seanhagan" seanhagan_at_dml_yahoo.com seanhagan
    Date: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:22 am (PDT)

Rob
The plunger up versus down (man do i feel dumb there!) fixed the no-
start issue.  Now that I think of it, i mucked with the fuel cut-off
switch when I went out of state recently...

The car started up great!

Love the look of the stainless lines running under there, and the
car when moving sounds like a new car...

Question on the idle though... i seem to be watching the rpm needle
bounce between 500 and 1500.. If I feather the gas, i can get her to
rest at 1000... Someone in AZ-D mentioned today that he thought that
this is caused by the Lambda unit?

Could it be that CO screw is out of adjustment?

Sean

-Rob - it was definitely a pleasure doing business with you.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, <rob_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Sean,
>

> Many of the parts you mentioned came from us so a warm thank you
is in order
> for your support. Although we're busy prepping for the show feel
free to
> contact us for tech support when needed.  First the plunger must
be down to
> ground, and operate, the fuel pump. Next confirm the fuel pump is
operating
> when cranking the engine before you proceed. Next you should
unclip one
> injector from the head and perch it over a metal or plastic
container. Have
> some one crank the motor and look for a light stream of fuel at
the nozzle
> tip. If none appears turn the CO adj. screw clockwise until a
small stream
> appears. The car will not start if this adjustment is out by more
than a
> turn or two and a new distributor almost always needs adjusting to
make the
> engine start. Call if you need more info.
>

> Rob Grady,
>

> P.J.Grady Inc.
>

>    _____

Behalf Of
> seanhagan
> Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:26 AM
> To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [DML] Fuel issues - Replaced nearly everything
>

> I have posted in the past here, and have gotten some really good
> answers.
> So here is my issue...
>
> I ordered alot of new fuel parts for my car from one of the
vendors.
> I got all of the lines plugged in, and all of the new fuel
> components attached to my car. I replaced the battery, because the
> old one would not keep a charge, and the car will not start. I
have
> absolutely no idea why.
>
> The starter seems to crank, I am not 100% certain about the status
> of where the plunger needs to be on the fuel cutoff switch (up or
> down), but i have it pulled up, and I am getting just repeated
> cranking...
>
> I unscrewed a line at the top of the fuel distributor, I could
hear
> air leak out, and gas, but the car would not fire.
>
> Here is what I have put in new
> New fuel line from the pump to the hard line.
> New Accumulator
> New Fuel Distributor
> New Fuel filter
> New Lines the 13 pack... so all the lines coming off the filter
into
> the engine bay of the car are new and of the stainless braided
> variety.
> New Banjo bolts - all of them new (but one, I broke it, cleaned
out
> an old one of the same and used it)
> I Scrubbed out the tank with acetone and let dry.
> New Warm-up regulator
> New battery
> No baffle, for extraneous reasons - me breaking it - I have the
> Special T Auto setup. When i previously had it in the tank, it
> worked like a charm. That is what I get for having it hold the
line
> to the bottom of the tank for the syphon.
> 4 gallons of new gas (bought it today)
> New fuel pump.
> New Fuel tank filter screen.
> New injectors (6 of them)
> New rubber thingys that attach to the injectors.
>
> Followed the diagram which is present in one of the news sites.
>
> All is connected very tight... The one I broke, i tightened too
> much, and it just twisted itself off at the hole, the hole did not
> seem to be crushed. Checked others and the holes in the banjo
bolts
> are not squished.
>
> How much gas do all of the components have/hold?
>
> It cranks and cranks but does not turn over... Thoughts?
>
> Could it be too much air in the system, and if so, would it not be
> sent back via the return line to the tank? or do i have to wait
for
> the air to make it out of the injectors.

> [...]
6/7/2006

> --

Messages in this topic (4)

7. GPD racketeering and fraud trial, Detroit 1986
    Posted by: "Elias Pierro" dmc-delorean_at_dml_web.de eliaspierro
    Date: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:32 am (PDT)

Does anyone know the exactly development of this fraud trial?
All the books were written before and despite some investigations
I know only the following facts:

- September/October 1985: trial began
- there were 15 counts (including the $17,65 million GPD money)
- JZD claimed he was framed
- JZD didn't testify
- December 1986: JZD was found "not guilty"
- after the acquittal the jurors said they had misunderstood the
judge's instructions

JUDGE'S INSTRUCTIONS WERE MISUNDERSTOOD
New York Times, December 18, 1986
The not-guilty verdict in John DeLorean's criminal fraud trial
Wednesday was based in part on an apparent misunderstanding by the
jury of the judge's legal instructions, according to interviews with
jurors and other information gathered by the Free Press. Several
jurors said after leaving federal court Wednesday night that the
jury was split 9-3 in favor of acquitting DeLorean.
antoher source:
The jury misunderstood the Judges complicated instruction, so the
jury thought that the entire ballot of all charges had to
be a unanimous decision of either not guilty on all charges or
guilty on all charges.
When they realized that they could not reach a unanimous decision on
one of the charges, they thought that they had to acquit JZD on all
charges.

Thanks

Messages in this topic (1)

8. Another new Delorean product available
    Posted by: "Hank" heskin_at_dml_gmail.com henryhank
    Date: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:36 am (PDT)

"WingDoors"

See link:  http://makeashorterlink.com/?W5F414E3D

Who wants to be the first to installi it???  ;)

-Hank

Messages in this topic (1)