From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:29 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3288

1. Leaving for DCS 2006
From: Erik Geerdink

2. Room to share at Pheasant Run
From: Mike

3. Re: Travel to DCS - westbound on I-80, construction update
From: d_rex_2002

4. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: turbodelorean

5. Re: squeeking noise
From: Bryan Pearce

6. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: Joseph Kuchan

Messages

1. Leaving for DCS 2006
Posted by: "Erik Geerdink" dmcerik_at_dml_yahoo.com dmcerik
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

The bags are packed, the Delorean is set, and my coffee is almost ready. I just have to drive over to my parents to meet up with my dad who's trailering a Delorean for a friend. Byron, sure wish I was driving your car and trailering mine!!! That car is gorgeous!
I'm looking forward to meeting many of you. Seeya soon.

Erik

Messages in this topic (1)

2. Room to share at Pheasant Run
Posted by: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com milesperhour79
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

If anyone is interested in sharing a room at Pheasant Run, I'd be willing to go halves. My friend couldn't come along so there is extra space to be had. If anyone is interested, send me an email with a contact number at milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com. Try to do so before noon so I won't have to sign up for another day of internet access. Thanks!

Messages in this topic (1)

3. Re: Travel to DCS - westbound on I-80, construction update
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

Sorry this is a little late for some of you, but I hope it will still help others on their way to the Chicago area traveling westbound on I-80, anywere from NY to Chicago.
I hope this info will help out with your travel to DCS.

This is the latest construction infomation as of 06/14/06.

New Jersey:
Exit 53 on 80, two left lanes closed down to single lane, few hundred yards (4:30am)

Penn:
Exit 293, one lane open (right lane closed for 2 miles)

Penn:
247, right lane closed for 3 miles, concrete barriers

Penn:
Exit 153, left lane closed for 3 miles, one lane open

Penn:
116, one lane for 5 miles, concrete barrier on right side, old dirt shoulder

Ohio:
225, left lane closed for 2 miles, one lane open, concrete barriers on left, narrow shoulder

Ohio:
196, two right lanes closed for about a mile, down to single lane, wider shoulder

Ohio:
Exit 180, right lane closed for a 1000 feet

Ohio:
Edgerton Rd to York Rd long delay, heavy congestion, slow moving traffic

Ohio:
Starts on Sterns Rd. end on 144 (very long construction site), right lane closed, two lanes open, wider shoulder turns into narrow shoulder

Ohio:
96 to 95, left lane closed, two right lanes open

Ohio:
Shoulders closed at exit 71, heavy congestion (1:15pm ET)

Indiana:
104, bridgework left lane closed, next 5 miles construction

Thanks to Tony Swann for compiling this information on his way back from NY yesterday.

Drive safely.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "d_rex_2002" <rich_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Kevin and others driving from the East Coast,
>
> I have some good news to report about construction delays on I-80,
> from the East Coast to Illinois.
>
> Most of the long term construction zones just West of the Scranton, NJ
> area have been picked up (mostly clear sailing).
>
> I should have some additional I-80 info to report tomorrow or on
> Wednesday, as a local club member will be driving back one of his
> DeLoreans Chicago from the Long Island, NY area.
> I asked him to record the mile marker info for construction zones, so
> I will try to post the latest info when I get it.
>
> Drive safe everyone.
>
> Later,
> Rich W.

Messages in this topic (3)

4. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
Posted by: "turbodelorean" dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com turbodelorean
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

Yes Jake is right. It is a minimal loss in trunk height at the bar but the performance you gain is worth it. I was still able to fit my golf bag in there but I do not have a tournament bag which I doubt would fit even without the strut bar. Chris, please stop by our booth on Saturday and check it out. If Jake is available I am sure he will be happy to show anyone how it is installed in his trunk.
Thanks!

Peter Kuchan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> The tower brace does decrease the trunk depth in that area, but
only by the diameter of the bar (maybe and inch or so).

> You must have a smaller golf bag than I do, though. I've never
been able to get them to fit anywhere except the back shelf.

> Jake
> 1063
>

> Chris <chrisau79_at_dml_...> wrote:
> What does the shock tower fix do to the trunk space? Will a golf
bag
> fit? Mine has to go in diagonally as it is.
>
> Chris
> 06301
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "jakekamp" wrote:
> >
> > I would like to chime in here as I was one of the testers for
both
> of
> > these products. My DeLorean is driven daily, in all kinds
> > conditions, so it makes a good test vehicle for any new product.
> >
> > I've been running both of Joe's and Peter's products now for
> hundreds
> > (thousands?) of miles and I couldn't be happier. For anyone who
> > hasn't yet met Joe, he gives you the same kind of confidence in
> his
> > products that Toby does. These are guys who really know their
> stuff
> > and build quality, tested equipment.
> >
> > Both items are ridiculously easy to install and you notice an
> > immediate difference. Most are probably familiar with
> the "floating"
> > feeling the DeLorean gives in the front end when you push it to
> the
> > limit. The shock tower makes a big difference in alleviating
that.

> > The Fan Controller I really like because it staggers the cycling
> on
> > of the A/C compressor, and each fan, just like the Fanzilla used
> to.
> > It also restores the function of the fan fail light. During
> testing,
> > I removed an internal fuse to simulate a fan failure and it
> correctly
> > lit my fan fail light. This was the first time I'd seen it light
> up
> > since I've owned the car! I should also note that the unit is
> > compatible with LEDs, as well as regular bulbs (mine are all
LEDs
> in
> > my console).
> >
> > Cool stuff! Both have made my car much more of a pleasure to
> drive.
> >
> > If anyone has any questions about the install or real-world use,
> look
> > me up at Pheasant Run and I'd be happy to chat about them.
> >
> > Jake Kamphoefner
> > 1063
> >

> > --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "joekuchan" wrote:
> > >
> > > Many of you are familiar with the work my son and I did on VIN
> 6195,
> > > some of which can even be termed "pioneering". The car was
> featured
> > in
> > > several articles in Gullwing magazine over the past few years
> and
> > was
> > > the first place winner in its category at Pigeon Forge. The
mods
> > > included HID projector headlamps, Brembo cross-drilled and
> slotted
> > > front brakes, custom wheels and tires, unique custom fuel
system
> > mods
> > > for enrichment under boost (the car had a BAE turbo), an
electric
> > > scavenge pump for the turbo, custom stereo installation, fully
> > painted
> > > and detailed engine with custom metallized airbox, and on and
> on...
> > >
> > > We were always in search of improvements that would update the
> car
> > and
> > > make it more fun to drive. That's why we're now so pleased to
> bring
> > > what we think are two very exciting new products, originally
> > developed
> > > for 6195, to the entire DeLorean community.
> > >
> > > "ENJOY THE RIDE"
> > >
> > > The first product is a shock tower brace called "Enjoy the
Ride".
> > > Peter developed this product to improve the cornering and
general
> > > handling of the car. This is the only shock tower bar
available
> for
> > > DeLoreans, and to our knowledge is the only significant
> suspension
> > > improvement other than the lowering kits that are available
from
> > > various sources.
> > >
> > > It works by tying the tops of the two front shock towers
> together,
> > > stiffening the front end of the car. The effect is to limit
the
> > camber
> > > change that occurs during hard cornering. That, in turn,
reduces
> > > under-steer, thereby giving the car a more controlled,
precise,
> and
> > > fun driveability in the turns. It's made from high strength,
> > > lightweight aircraft quality aluminum alloy (6061-T6) and comes
> > > polished for a great appearance. All necessary hardware is
> included,
> > > along with clear instructions that make installation quick and
> easy.
> > > Sooner or later, almost every performance car owner equips
their
> > > vehicle with some sort of strut tower brace. DeLorean owners
are
> no
> > > longer left out. Finally, we too can enjoy the benefits of a
> shock
> > > tower brace!
> > >
> > > "JOE COOL"
> > >
> > > The second product is called "Joe Cool". I developed this to
> address
> > > the well-known and very annoying problem that happens when the
> two
> > > engine cooling fans turn on at exactly the same time that the
AC
> > > compressor engages: the engine slows, the lights dim, and the
> > > experience of driving a performance car is ruined. Joe Cool
puts
> > each
> > > fan on a separate high capacity relay and staggers their start
> so
> > that
> > > the compressor engages followed shortly by first one fan
turning
> on,
> > > and then a moment later by the other fan turning on. This
> eliminates
> > > the drag on the engine caused by too great a load being thrown
> on it
> > > all at once.
> > >
> > > Joe Cool also handles the fan fail light in an intelligent
> manner.
> > It
> > > has separate internal fuses for each fan circuit. If a defect
in
> the
> > > fans or their wiring results in either or both of the internal
> fuses
> > > blowing, the fan fail light will be turned on. You will not
have
> > > tape or paint over the word "fail" on your console anymore.
Nor
> will
> > > you have that light flashing in a meaningless and annoying
> fashion
> > in
> > > your peripheral vision as you drive. With Joe Cool, the "Fan
> Fail"
> > > light actually means the fans have failed. (Imagine that!)
> > >
> > > Joe Cool is completely "plug and play". Just plug it in and go.
> > >
> > > Reviews of both of these products can be seen in the latest
> issue of
> > > Gullwing magazine, so if you're interested check it out. Both
> > products
> > > will come with a one-year warranty against defects in
materials
> and
> > > workmanship.
> > >
> > > If you're interested in these products, we'll have a limited
> number
> > of
> > > each available for sale at Pheasant Run. The show is probably
> your
> > > best opportunity to buy them because they will be "show
priced"
> at
> > > $150 for the shock tower bar, and $195 for the Joe Cool. (They
> may
> > be
> > > priced higher later on.) By buying at the show you'll also
avoid
> > > shipping and handling.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, we're just not set up to accept checks or
credit
> card
> > > payments, so we'll only be able to accept cash payments at the
> show.
> > > Please stop by to see these products or just to chat about
> > DeLoreans.
> > >
> > > See you next week at the show!
> > >
> > > -Joe and Peter Kuchan

address:
> moderators_at_dml_...

Messages in this topic (8)

5. Re: squeeking noise
Posted by: "Bryan Pearce" bryanp_at_dml_pearce-design.com pdc_permaframe
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

Andy,

It sounds like the problem is a loose rear stub axle. With the back end off the wheels, grab the edge of the tire at 3 o'clock with one hand and 9 o'clock with the other. Alternately try to push with one hand and pull with the other. If you feel any movement, you have found your problem. Sometimes the fix is as easy as tightening the nut.

Bryan Pearce
Stainless Frame Guy

On Jun 14, 2006, at 2:51 PM, Soma576_at_dml_aol.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes I checked the brakes and e-brake pads. They are all OK,
> plenty of life left and none of them are dragging. My boots are a
> couple of years old and are still perfect. I have a problem with the
> T/A dust shields falling down onto the p/s axle for awhile but that
> has been fixed and is not the problem now. I will try spraying
> silicone lube on the bushings tonight and see what happens.
>
> Andy

Messages in this topic (9)

6. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
Posted by: "Joseph Kuchan" josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com joekuchan
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:40 am (PDT)

It takes very little trunk space. It uses a 1" diameter bar running sideway
across the floor of the trunk. A golf bag will definitely fit.

Shock tower bars and golf bags are certainly two good things for DeLorean
trunks! ;)

-Joe

Messages in this topic (8)