From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 3:28 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3289

1a. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: Chris Shepherd

1b. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: Ryan Wright

2a. woe is me - PR DeLorean meet
From: Marvin

2b. Re: woe is me - PR DeLorean meet
From: Parts Pit Mike

3. LAST CHANCE for Online DCS Registrations and Raffle Tickets
From: IN2TIME

4a. Re: Brake Hose Removal
From: Mike

4b. Re: Brake Hose Removal
From: Johnny Sawyer

4c. Re: Brake Hose Removal
From: Mike

5. Won't be in Chicago
From: John Poland

6. Hotel Room Available _at_dml_ P-Run
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net

7. Dinner with Strickland!
From: coreysmoo

8. Re: Outer door seal adhesive?
From: Byrne Heninger

Messages

1a. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
Posted by: "Chris Shepherd" chrisau79_at_dml_yahoo.com chrisau79
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:00 pm (PDT)

I'd love to see it but I won't be coming to the show. Spent tooooo much time in Chicago when I was USN. How about some pictures? Have a great time at the show and be sure to let me know when it will be available online.

turbodelorean <dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:
Yes Jake is right. It is a minimal loss in trunk height at the bar but the performance you gain is worth it. I was still able to fit my golf bag in there but I do not have a tournament bag which I doubt would fit even without the strut bar. Chris, please stop by our booth on Saturday and check it out. If Jake is available I am sure he will be happy to show anyone how it is installed in his trunk.
Thanks!

Peter Kuchan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Jake Kamphoefner <jakekamp_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> The tower brace does decrease the trunk depth in that area, but
only by the diameter of the bar (maybe and inch or so).

> You must have a smaller golf bag than I do, though. I've never
been able to get them to fit anywhere except the back shelf.

> Jake
> 1063
>

> Chris <chrisau79_at_dml_...> wrote:
> What does the shock tower fix do to the trunk space? Will a golf
bag
> fit? Mine has to go in diagonally as it is.
>
> Chris
> 06301
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "jakekamp" wrote:
> >
> > I would like to chime in here as I was one of the testers for
both
> of
> > these products. My DeLorean is driven daily, in all kinds
> > conditions, so it makes a good test vehicle for any new product.
> >
> > I've been running both of Joe's and Peter's products now for
> hundreds
> > (thousands?) of miles and I couldn't be happier. For anyone who
> > hasn't yet met Joe, he gives you the same kind of confidence in
> his
> > products that Toby does. These are guys who really know their
> stuff
> > and build quality, tested equipment.
> >
> > Both items are ridiculously easy to install and you notice an
> > immediate difference. Most are probably familiar with
> the "floating"
> > feeling the DeLorean gives in the front end when you push it to
> the
> > limit. The shock tower makes a big difference in alleviating
that.

> > The Fan Controller I really like because it staggers the cycling
> on
> > of the A/C compressor, and each fan, just like the Fanzilla used
> to.
> > It also restores the function of the fan fail light. During
> testing,
> > I removed an internal fuse to simulate a fan failure and it
> correctly
> > lit my fan fail light. This was the first time I'd seen it light
> up
> > since I've owned the car! I should also note that the unit is
> > compatible with LEDs, as well as regular bulbs (mine are all
LEDs
> in
> > my console).
> >
> > Cool stuff! Both have made my car much more of a pleasure to
> drive.
> >
> > If anyone has any questions about the install or real-world use,
> look
> > me up at Pheasant Run and I'd be happy to chat about them.
> >
> > Jake Kamphoefner
> > 1063
> >

> > --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "joekuchan" wrote:
> > >
> > > Many of you are familiar with the work my son and I did on VIN
> 6195,
> > > some of which can even be termed "pioneering". The car was
> featured
> > in
> > > several articles in Gullwing magazine over the past few years
> and
> > was
> > > the first place winner in its category at Pigeon Forge. The
mods
> > > included HID projector headlamps, Brembo cross-drilled and
> slotted
> > > front brakes, custom wheels and tires, unique custom fuel
system
> > mods
> > > for enrichment under boost (the car had a BAE turbo), an
electric
> > > scavenge pump for the turbo, custom stereo installation, fully
> > painted
> > > and detailed engine with custom metallized airbox, and on and
> on...
> > >
> > > We were always in search of improvements that would update the
> car
> > and
> > > make it more fun to drive. That's why we're now so pleased to
> bring
> > > what we think are two very exciting new products, originally
> > developed
> > > for 6195, to the entire DeLorean community.
> > >
> > > "ENJOY THE RIDE"
> > >
> > > The first product is a shock tower brace called "Enjoy the
Ride".
> > > Peter developed this product to improve the cornering and
general
> > > handling of the car. This is the only shock tower bar
available
> for
> > > DeLoreans, and to our knowledge is the only significant
> suspension
> > > improvement other than the lowering kits that are available
from
> > > various sources.
> > >
> > > It works by tying the tops of the two front shock towers
> together,
> > > stiffening the front end of the car. The effect is to limit
the
> > camber
> > > change that occurs during hard cornering. That, in turn,
reduces
> > > under-steer, thereby giving the car a more controlled,
precise,
> and
> > > fun driveability in the turns. It's made from high strength,
> > > lightweight aircraft quality aluminum alloy (6061-T6) and comes
> > > polished for a great appearance. All necessary hardware is
> included,
> > > along with clear instructions that make installation quick and
> easy.
> > > Sooner or later, almost every performance car owner equips
their
> > > vehicle with some sort of strut tower brace. DeLorean owners
are
> no
> > > longer left out. Finally, we too can enjoy the benefits of a
> shock
> > > tower brace!
> > >
> > > "JOE COOL"
> > >
> > > The second product is called "Joe Cool". I developed this to
> address
> > > the well-known and very annoying problem that happens when the
> two
> > > engine cooling fans turn on at exactly the same time that the
AC
> > > compressor engages: the engine slows, the lights dim, and the
> > > experience of driving a performance car is ruined. Joe Cool
puts
> > each
> > > fan on a separate high capacity relay and staggers their start
> so
> > that
> > > the compressor engages followed shortly by first one fan
turning
> on,
> > > and then a moment later by the other fan turning on. This
> eliminates
> > > the drag on the engine caused by too great a load being thrown
> on it
> > > all at once.
> > >
> > > Joe Cool also handles the fan fail light in an intelligent
> manner.
> > It
> > > has separate internal fuses for each fan circuit. If a defect
in
> the
> > > fans or their wiring results in either or both of the internal
> fuses
> > > blowing, the fan fail light will be turned on. You will not
have
> > > tape or paint over the word "fail" on your console anymore.
Nor
> will
> > > you have that light flashing in a meaningless and annoying
> fashion
> > in
> > > your peripheral vision as you drive. With Joe Cool, the "Fan
> Fail"
> > > light actually means the fans have failed. (Imagine that!)
> > >
> > > Joe Cool is completely "plug and play". Just plug it in and go.
> > >
> > > Reviews of both of these products can be seen in the latest
> issue of
> > > Gullwing magazine, so if you're interested check it out. Both
> > products
> > > will come with a one-year warranty against defects in
materials
> and
> > > workmanship.
> > >
> > > If you're interested in these products, we'll have a limited
> number
> > of
> > > each available for sale at Pheasant Run. The show is probably
> your
> > > best opportunity to buy them because they will be "show
priced"
> at
> > > $150 for the shock tower bar, and $195 for the Joe Cool. (They
> may
> > be
> > > priced higher later on.) By buying at the show you'll also
avoid
> > > shipping and handling.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately, we're just not set up to accept checks or
credit
> card
> > > payments, so we'll only be able to accept cash payments at the
> show.
> > > Please stop by to see these products or just to chat about
> > DeLoreans.
> > >
> > > See you next week at the show!
> > >
> > > -Joe and Peter Kuchan

address:
> moderators_at_dml_...

Messages in this topic (11)

1b. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
Posted by: "Ryan Wright" ryanpwright_at_dml_gmail.com ryanpwright
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:01 pm (PDT)

I have a question about the fan fail product:

> Joe Cool also handles the fan fail light in an intelligent manner. It
> has separate internal fuses for each fan circuit. If a defect in the
> fans or their wiring results in either or both of the internal fuses
> blowing, the fan fail light will be turned on.

Is it capable of detecting a total lack of draw and lighting the fan fail lamp as well? One of my concerns about previous fan fail products was the very real possibility of a fan failing in a manner that does not blow the fuse. If the circuit were simply open, the fan module would just go on providing power and not inform the driver. I'd like to find a module that would additionally trigger the fan fail light if the draw on one or both fans drops below a reasonable threshold. I'm a little surprised that, given the number of fan fail alternatives that have been offered over the years, none of them have incorporated this feature.

I'm hoping your module does; if so, I'll likely buy one.

-Ryan

Messages in this topic (11)

2a. woe is me - PR DeLorean meet
Posted by: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com marvinstein40
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:00 pm (PDT)

My beloved DeLorean died. The eulogy will be given after the meet in Pheasant Run.

For 2 years I have anxiously awaited driving my, always dependable, super anally clean, beautiful and trustworthy '83 DeLorean to the Chicago show.

On checking the mechanics a few weeks ago, I discovered a small water pump leak. Being no mechanic, and rather than risk a problem en route, I ordered one from a usually very dependable supplier - who forgot to ship the water pump kit. When I called for a tracking #, they apologized and shipped immediately but it was too late to have my mechanic do the work properly. 6 days had passed since I ordered it. In the rush, bolts broke off when removing the intake manifold, and had to be drilled out, some alternator bolts were badly rusted and snapped off, the oil pressure switch was rusted in place and the connection could not be detached without breaking. A new alternator will arrive Friday noon. I'm leaving Friday _at_dml_ 6 am.

Along the highway to Chicago, as you pass a black Cadillac CTS in your DeLorean, you may see my tears of frustration, annoyance, and sadness.

For those who understand and sympathize, I will be accepting alcoholic beverages of condolence at the hotel! Donations and words of encouragement will also be accepted for the repairs (LOL).

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Messages in this topic (2)

2b. Re: woe is me - PR DeLorean meet
Posted by: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com partspitmike2000
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:56 am (PDT)

Marvin... very sorry to hear about 17077.

I broke the news to 17076 here in Toronto and she sends her best wishes to her younger sibling.

Parts Pit Mike

Messages in this topic (2)

3. LAST CHANCE for Online DCS Registrations and Raffle Tickets
Posted by: "IN2TIME" Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com xynext
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:02 pm (PDT)

I've posted pictures on the DCS site for the Wednesday BTTF-BQ and some of the Early Thursday activity at Pheasant Run.

http://www.deloreancarshow.com/dcs-2006

Gary

IN2TIME

Messages in this topic (11)

4a. Re: Brake Hose Removal
Posted by: "Mike" mike.s.davis_at_dml_sbcglobal.net striped_wombat
Date: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:02 pm (PDT)

OK, this is humbling, but I still can't get those back lines off. The front ones finally gave up after enough persuasion. I took the nut and the washer off of each end, but I can't seem to get the fitting beaten through the bracket from the "inside" of the car (i.e., that one stuck up behind the transmission mount).

I've spent a few days off and on beating on it and spraying PB blaster, but to no avail. Is wailing on it with a hammer really all that I need to do?

Thanks again,
Mike

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Almy <chris.almy_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Once you disconnect the hard line, and remove the nut and washer,
all it
> takes is elbow grease. 25 years of rust can build up in there
holding it in
> nice and tight. Spraying it all down with PB Blaster a few days
before hand
> should really help out. Just support the bracket and give the hose a
few
> good wacks with a hammer. This may destroy the hose fitting, so I'm
> assuming you are replacing them.
>
> If you are trying to remove the rear hoses, things get worse. I
swear that
> when the factory workers connected the lines where they go through the
> frame, they added extra epoxy and then crimped the hole to hold the
lines
> good and tight! Because of the transmission, you can't really get a
hammer
> in there to pound them out. I had to put the nut back on a few
threads and
> then hold the open end of a large wrench to it. This allowed me to
hammer
> from underneath, while the force from the large blows are
transferred to
> the hose. I've seen this take anywhere from 15 minutes to 30 seconds
> depending on the D.
>
> Good luck,
> Chris
> VIN 4099
>
> At 12:06 PM 6/3/2006 +0000, you wrote:
> >I'm assuming this is one of those dumb questions whose answer becomes
> >painfully obvious once you do it, but I can't seem to figure out how
> >to remove the brake hoses. I can figure out which part is the hose
> >and which part is the bracket, but I can't seem to separate them.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> > Mike

Messages in this topic (6)

4b. Re: Brake Hose Removal
Posted by: "Johnny Sawyer" johnny.sawyer_at_dml_gmail.com thebrave65
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:57 am (PDT)

Hi Mike. I know what you're going thru and it's frustrating. I took a small hammer and used the side of it to tap out the line. Didn't take more than a few taps before it popped out.

Johnny
5518
AZ-D

On 6/15/06, Mike <mike.s.davis_at_dml_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> OK, this is humbling, but I still can't get those back lines off.
> The front ones finally gave up after enough persuasion. I took the nut
> and the washer off of each end, but I can't seem to get the fitting
> beaten through the bracket from the "inside" of the car (i.e., that
> one stuck up behind the transmission mount).
>
> I've spent a few days off and on beating on it and spraying PB
> blaster, but to no avail. Is wailing on it with a hammer really all
> that I need to do?
>
> Thanks again,
> Mike
>
> --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com <dmcnews%40yahoogroups.com>, Chris Almy
> < chris.almy_at_dml_...> wrote:Your Group
> <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJkZTQxaTFiBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElk
> AzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2hwZgRzdGltZQMxMT
> UwNDE5NzQ5;_ylg=1/SIG=11am96m02/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcn
> ews>| Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>|
> Unsubscribe <dmcnews-unsubscribe_at_dml_yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>
> We Made Changes
>
> Your Yahoo! Groups email is all new.
>
> Learn
> More<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJsb29nZzAyBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9w
> AzEEZ3JwSWQDMTE1NDMyMARncnBzcElkAzE2MDAxMjYyMTUEc2VjA25jbW9kBHNsawNpbm
> ZvBHN0aW1lAzExNTA0MTk3NDk-;_ylg=1/SIG=11gd5l5o4/**http%3a//groups.yaho
> o.com/local/newemail.html>
>
> Share
> Feedback<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJtbzRtbWFnBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0
> BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMTE1NDMyMARncnBzcElkAzE2MDAxMjYyMTUEc2VjA25jbW9kBHNsaw
> NmZGJjawRzdGltZQMxMTUwNDE5NzQ5;_ylg=1/SIG=11im36rmb/**http%3a//surveyl
> ink.yahoo.com/wix/p1412899.aspx>
> Recent Activity
>
> - 4
> New Members<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJmZjZna2J1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzExNTA0MTk3NDk-;_ylg=1/SIG=11ilioi3j/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews/members>
> - 2
> New
> Photos<http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJmaDR1a3JkBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BG
> dycElkAzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZwaG90BHN0
> aW1lAzExNTA0MTk3NDk-;_ylg=1/SIG=11gplliuu/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/
> group/dmcnews/spnew>
>
> Visit Your Group
> <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJlcDFpZHJwBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElk
> AzExNTQzMjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNjAwMTI2MjE1BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMT
> E1MDQxOTc0OQ--;_ylg=1/SIG=11am96m02/**http%3a//groups.yahoo.com/group/
> dmcnews>
> .

Messages in this topic (6)

4c. Re: Brake Hose Removal
Posted by: "Mike" mike.s.davis_at_dml_sbcglobal.net striped_wombat
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:24 am (PDT)

OK...thanks for the encouragement. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I was supposed to have disconnected other than the nut and washer on each end.

-Mike

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Johnny Sawyer" <johnny.sawyer_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Hi Mike. I know what you're going thru and it's frustrating. I took
> small hammer and used the side of it to tap out the line. Didn't
take more
> than a few taps before it popped out.
>
> Johnny
> 5518
> AZ-D

Messages in this topic (6)

5. Won't be in Chicago
Posted by: "John Poland" jpoland13_at_dml_charter.net jpoland13
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:56 am (PDT)

Due to recent neck surgery I won't be able to travel this weekend. I was really looking forward to the festivities, but my doctor has relegated me to the recliner. I hate that I'll be missing everything, but me and 5935 will be there in spirit. Anyone coming back through SC drop me a line. Maybe we can get together and give you a break from your drive home. Easley, SC near Greenville and I-85.

John Poland
5935

Messages in this topic (1)

6. Hotel Room Available _at_dml_ P-Run
Posted by: "delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net" delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:56 am (PDT)

A friend of mine was going to attend the Corvette show but is no longer able to make it. He has one room available _at_dml_ P-Run for $114 per night. If anyone wants it, please contact me via e-mail before 2pm EST. After that, I will be on my way to P-Run.

Jason

From: whocruiser_at_dml_aol.com

> In a message dated 6/7/2006 7:50:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com writes:
>
> HOTEL: NO I DON"T HAVE ANY ROOMS IN FACT I NEED TWO
>
> Another fact from the room list I just got from PHeasant run and the
> Hampton we still have aabout 12% not registered. Three of them from
> the Cincinnati area and you know who you are.
>
> Thats all for now
>
> Ken
>

> If anyone wants to be right there at the main hotel, and doesn't have
> a room yet, I'm currently there by myself for Thu, Fri, Sat nights and
> am happy to split the room with anyone else who wants to share it.
> Just let me know and you're welcome to share it...
>

> *****WhoCruiser_at_dml_aol.com is Dan Harris***** WhoCruiser's Personal Home
> Page: _http://members.aol.com/WhoCruiser_
> (http://www.scificruise.com/)
> Read about The Sci-Fi Sea Cruise at: _http://www.scificruise.com_
> (http://www.scificruise.com/)
> Purr-use The Cat House at: _http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage_
> (http://members.aol.com/LookAtMyCatsPage)

Messages in this topic (1)

7. Dinner with Strickland!
Posted by: "coreysmoo" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com coreysmoo
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:57 am (PDT)

Tonight is the first night of DCS. There was a dinner and seminars earlier, and guess who ploped down right next to me at my table for dinner.... Yup! Principal Strickland himself, James Tolkan and his wife! We talked for the whole meal. He is a great guy, and his wife is really funny when she gets a couple glasses of wine in her. Tolkan bought me a beer at the bar after dinner too! Afterward, we went outside where all our DeLorean's were parked and James and his wife sat in my DeLorean. Unfortunatly, my girlfriend forgot the camera at the hotel, so no pic... :( I'm going to try to catch up with him again tomorrow when we have the camera with us and post some pics.

Other then that, DCS is going well. Can't wait to see Proto 1!

Corey Ooms
2423

Messages in this topic (1)

8. Re: Outer door seal adhesive?
Posted by: "Byrne Heninger" heningerandassoc_at_dml_earthlink.net churchishis
Date: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:02 am (PDT)

Peter, you may wish to use our outer door seal with the pre applied adhesive . See www.heningerandassociates.com Byrne