From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:57 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3291

1. Re: after market shocks
From: Byrne Heninger

2. New noise.
From: Stephen Jaeger

3. My first post...
From: janus55.geo

4. Re: Lots More DCS Pictures Posted.
From: Ken Baker

5. 'Looking Back at the Future' film premiere
From: BTTF.com

6. Torque Settings........
From: Mike Bosworth

7a. Annoying rattling sound, help!
From: Nathan Sobieralski

7b. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
From: Todd Nelson

8. Frustrated with my fascia.
From: Nathan Sobieralski

9a. YET another a/c thread!
From: at88mph

9b. Re: YET another a/c thread!
From: Harold McElraft

9c. Re: YET another a/c thread!
From: David Teitelbaum

10a. DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: therealdmcvegas

10b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Tom Tait

10c. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Kevin Abato

10d. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Cliff Schmucker

11a. What a Show!
From: bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil

11b. Re: What a Show!
From: Kevin Abato

12. New Auto Trans Computer at DCS?
From: Greg Zapf

13a. Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of speedome
From: Joe OBrien

13b. Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of spee
From: dmcmike2002

14a. So...who won the raffle car???
From: Toscano

14b. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
From: coreysmoo

15. New DeLorean Parts Website
From: Byrne Heninger

16. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: joekuchan

Messages

1. Re: after market shocks
Posted by: "Byrne Heninger" heningerandassoc_at_dml_earthlink.net churchishis
Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:44 pm (PDT)

Hello J.R.
We have on pair in stock of the air shocks available for $225. per pair. Please see our web site www. Heningerandassociates.com or Heningerandassoc_at_dml_earthlink.net. Thanks, Byrne

    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:45 pm (PDT)

I took the car for a spin the other day and heard a noise that wasn't there before. It is hard to describe. Ihen I hear it, a soft 'motor boat' sound comes to mind. While driving it is only noticeable during acceleration and when I let up on the gas there is a slight rumbling sound for a second or two. I'm think exhaust leak. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Messages in this topic (1)

3. My first post...
    Posted by: "janus55.geo" acecove_at_dml_coralwave.com janus55.geo
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:46 pm (PDT)

Hi All,

	Well this is my first post to the DML, and after going to Eurofest 2006 I figured it was time that I introduced myself. My name is Andrew Cove, and if you were at Eurofest, you would probably know me as one of the trio from the Bahamas. I have been a lurker on the list for some time now, and I read the posts almost religously.
	I'm actually overwhelmed even now as I type this post, The main reason for me to come to this side of the world at this time was to goto Eurofest 2006 and finally see one in person. Being in such a small place like the Bahamas makes it difficult to find such rare cars as the DMC - 12. There is 2 known ones in Nassau (the
capital) but I have never seen them. One is rumoured to be in very poor shape though.
	Well on the first night of the show, part of the dream came true for me, Alistair McCain's PILOT 25 was the first Delorean that I saw in the flesh, and that view of just the open doors above everyones heads has been burned into my memory. That night was made even more special by Alistair when he allowed me to sit in the drivers seat. Personally, I would have bought one of these cars without ever sitting in one, no questions asked. I even had my sister and friend that were with me teasing that I would hate the car after I got in. Well I'll tell you, THEY WERE WRONG!! Sitting in that car sealed the deal for me, and as soon as the money is secured, I shall be buying my own Delorean.
	Now I could never thank or mention everyone for everything that happened during the show, partially because it would be a long list, and partially because my memory isn't that good, at least at remembering names. But they're were a couple I'd like to thank:
Cliff from Northern Ireland for letting me be a passenger in his Delorean on the day of the time trials. Claire from England for letting me be a passenger on the day of sightseeing. Paul, Alistair, and Thomas for carrying myself and my friend Cameron to the test track on the Monday after the show. There was a little mishap with the bus service that lead to me not getting from the Helicopter to the Track, but Robert Lamrock sorted it out for us. I must thank Thomas, because he was the brave one of the lot to allow myself and Cameron to drive his delorean around the test track. I glanced at him on my first round and he looked like a ghost, so I made sure not to go fast. He's got more guts then I think I would have in that situation!! Also like to thank Martin and the crew of Delorean Motor Cars LTD for the night on the town in Belfast. A great bunch of people.
	Course I cant forget Robert for putting on such a great show. I can imagine him hibernating for a couple weeks after such an effort! Absolutely wonderful experience. Also I'd like to thank him for sorting out our trip to the track. Above and beyond the call of duty.
	And while I've thanked all these people, I think I forgot one, The man himself, John Z. De Lorean, I thank him for his vision, his car, and this wonderful group of people. I find it wonderful that he built a car that brings so many interesting and friendly people together. May he rest in peace.
	Please forgive me if I forgot to mention you, I really have been blown away by this whole experience!
	Well I guess today is the last day of the Delorean Car Show 2006, and I hope everything has gone off without a hitch.
Unfortunately I could not attend for I'm still in England. I hope Videobob and Tamir has been recording everything allowable, I would definatly be in line for one of those dvd sets.
	I wish everyone good luck in the contests, and good luck in the raffle car draw. ;) I did get round to buying those tickets Ken.

Andrew C.
VIN # TBA
"Always Dream Stainless"

Messages in this topic (1)

4. Re: Lots More DCS Pictures Posted.
    Posted by: "Ken Baker" kenbaker1265_at_dml_msn.com kenbaker1265
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:46 pm (PDT)

[Pictures are posted at www.deloreancarshow.com]

Where are they posted? I don't see them on the DML.

Best Regards,

Ken Baker
Sales Executive
Rolls-Royce/Bentley Fort Lauderdale
561-866-1601
www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com<http://www.bentleyfortlauderdale.com/>
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:46 pm (PDT)

On behalf of Agenda Films and BTTF.com, I'd just like to thank all
275+ people who came to the Mainstage Theater yesterday afternoon for
our big film premiere.  We had no idea how many folks would be interested in seeing the brand new BTTF documentary we worked on for more than two years, and we were pleasantly surprised to find the theater at near capacity.

The event went as smoothly as could possibly be expected, and we have you all to thank for your applause & laughter during the film and your encouraging words afterwards.  All thanks to Ken Koncelik for securing the theater for us to present this film in the manner it required.

Stephen Clark,
BTTF.com

Messages in this topic (1)

6. Torque Settings........
    Posted by: "Mike Bosworth" mike.bosworth_at_dml_btinternet.com bozzzydmc
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Hi All

Im dammed if i can find these settings in my manual, has anyone got any idea as to a torque setting for these.

108330 Engine CROSSBRACE to frame bolts

Fibreglass Underbody to frame bolts

Thanks for any help

Regards

www.deloreans.co.uk

Messages in this topic (1)

7a. Annoying rattling sound, help!
    Posted by: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com valleyrat12
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Hello everyone,

My car has had this problem since I purchased it. When accelerating, usually with the motor pushing through 3000 rpm, I hear this really annoying rattling sound from the rear of the car. I have inspected everywhere for something loose but can't seem to locate it. It sounds like a set of keys jingling (only louder). Any ideas?

Nathan
2277

Messages in this topic (2)

7b. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
    Posted by: "Todd Nelson" tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu todddmc12
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:54 pm (PDT)

Nathan:

Do you have one of the vendors aftermarket metal muffler heat shields?  When I put one on I would get a similar rattle from the back of the car, I simply had to tighten the bolts that held it on a little more.  If that isn't it I would still guess an exhaust related component, perhaps one of the mounting brackets or a loose clamp.

Good Luck,
Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

________________________________

    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Hello everyone. I have the all too familiar warped rear fascia. It also seems like it has shrunk over the years as I can not get the rear quarters to line up. I don't suppose anyone has a remedy for this condition? I can't justify spending $1000 for a new one, that's a crazy amount of money for a plastic part. I am thinking of putting my skills at fiber glassing to work on this one if no one has a remedy.

Nathan

Messages in this topic (1)

9a. YET another a/c thread!
    Posted by: "at88mph" at88mph_at_dml_comcast.net at88mph_1999
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Welp,  I finally got the a/c compressor/accumulator/orifice tube installed today along with some R12.  The system was throughly vacuumed and checked fine (no leaks).  The temp today in Mobile, Al  was roughly 85 degrees and at idle, the gauges were reading 40 and 235.  However, at idle the best I could get it down to was around 68 degrees with the ac set to 'max' and speed 4.  The compressor is running constantly and the cooling fans are running and have been checked to make sure they're running in the right direction.  The accumulator is dripping sweat like crazy.  Any thoughts on why I'm only getting down to 68 degrees?  I talked with Stephen a few weeks ago and he had a car out in Houston in the same conditions and said he was getting around 35 degrees inside the car!

Thanks for any help or ideas!

Duke

Messages in this topic (3)

9b. Re: YET another a/c thread!
    Posted by: "Harold McElraft" hmcelraft_at_dml_aol.com hmcelraft
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:54 pm (PDT)

You need to check a couple of things.

Are both fans in front working properly? When you check things in shop mode you should also put a fan in front of the car.

Then, the engine speed should be up to around 2,000 rpm. I slip a screwdriver under the idle stop screw to achieve this.

High pressure should not get over 350 psi (usually around 300) while low side should vary between 25-35 psi until cycle time at about 25psi or lower. Until the interior cools down the system may not cycle.

The high side pressure looks a bit high to me which could be an over charge, too much oil, or not enough air moving across the condenser (the front of the car) because of poor fan speed or even clogged condenser fins (you might put the water hose to it to clean it out).

A properly charged system will run warmer at idle than at speed.

You might also check the air flow of the interior. If the blend door is not closed properly air could be going across the heater coils too - which on "Max" should be turned off. You may want to check to heater valve. I believe a no vacuum condition turns it on.

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Welp,  I finally got the a/c compressor/accumulator/orifice tube
installed today along with some R12.  The system was throughly vacuumed and checked fine (no leaks).  The temp today in Mobile, Al was roughly 85 degrees and at idle, the gauges were reading 40 and 235.  However, at idle the best I could get it down to was around 68 degrees with the ac set to 'max' and speed 4.  The compressor is running constantly and the cooling fans are running and have been checked to make sure they're running in the right direction.  The accumulator is dripping sweat like crazy.  Any thoughts on why I'm only getting down to 68 degrees?  I talked with Stephen a few weeks ago and he had a car out in Houston in the same conditions and said he was getting around 35 degrees inside the car!

> Thanks for any help or ideas!
>
> Duke

Messages in this topic (3)

9c. Re: YET another a/c thread!
    Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Your high side head pressure is way too high. Some of the possible causes are:
air in the system
a restriction between the high side and the low side (a plugged orifice, a clogged accumulator, etc) not enough airflow over the condensor coil (a fan not working, a fan loose on a shaft, leaves and dirt plugging up the coil) too much refrigerent When you figure out the problem your low side will go up higher so you will have to remove some refigerent. The system MUST cycle. The fact that is does not again says there is too much refrigerent in the system and the low side pressures are too high. Also check the evaporator coil for blockages on the air side. To do that you have to pull the blower motor.
 To check that the A/C works you read the temp differential across the evap coil. You look for a 20 degree drop so if the air entering the coil is 80 the air comming out the vents should be around 60. Get a pencil temp gauge and check it. Do not continue running with the head pressure that high. You can blow the valves in the compressor or a hose.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "at88mph" <at88mph_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Welp,  I finally got the a/c compressor/accumulator/orifice tube
installed today along with some R12.  The system was throughly vacuumed and checked fine (no leaks).  The temp today in Mobile, Al was roughly 85 degrees and at idle, the gauges were reading 40 and 235.  However, at

Messages in this topic (3)

10a. DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "therealdmcvegas" dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com therealdmcvegas
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?

I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting point. Cleveland had
both vin 500, as well as De Lorean Cadillac, and some rare stainless
clad cars in their museum. I can understand Memphis as a destination,
and even Pigeon Forge, since it had attractions, as well as a great
driving course. I thought Pheasant Run was a great location! Centrally
located within the US, for the 25th anniversary. Practically equal
driving distance for all.

And now, Pensylvania?!? Seriously, WTF?!?

We haven't had a major DeLorean car show on the West Coast in 6, going
on 8 years now! Hell, even if it were to be in some place distant like
Seattle, or San Francisco, let alone Las Vegas, or Phoenix, I'd be
more than willing to attend. Hell, even CANADA would be a great place
to go to! But why are these shows being kept almost entirely
midwest/east-coast?

There are obviously allot of car-clubs out there, and lots of
DeLoreans that would attend a west-coast show, even if the attendance
from east-coast people were to decline a bit. I'm sorry, but this just
isn't right.

I'm not going to criticize the specific city that this is being held
in per se, but I am going to object that the show isn't being moved
farther west next time around. Rather than go to another location that
holds no interest for me, nor affords me the opprotunity to finally
see some new faces that I've not previously seen, I wouldn't commit to
attending. I feel some people have been robbed of the opprotunity to
finally participate in one of these shows.

Messages in this topic (4)

10b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

I went to the show with the assumption that they would announce Phoenix,
Denver or Vegas maybe.  I don't get it either, and I was disappointed.

5200 miles roundtrip from my house.  It would take me longer to drive to
the show than I would spend at the show, lets not even bring up the
drive back home.

At first I thought it might be partially because CA has a huge
concentration of Deloreans,  but not a large club, and as an effect we
are less involved in the national scene.   DMC in Garden Grove tries to
organize events,  but it doesn't work like it seems to for AZ-D or the
other groups.   It occurs to me now, though that maybe we don't have a
strong club locally because national participation is so difficult.  I
saw the value of the local clubs firsthand this weekend,  I don't think
a lot of west coast owners have.  If the show wants to keep growing,
moving farther from the largest group of car owners seems like a weird
idea.

When they gave out the award last night for the greatest distance
traveled there was some confusion, but someone did say "didn't someone
trailer their car in from CA?"  Wow...  that's sad.

________________________________

Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?

I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting point. Cleveland had
both vin 500, as well as De Lorean Cadillac, and some rare stainless
clad cars in their museum. I can understand Memphis as a destination,
and even Pigeon Forge, since it had attractions, as well as a great
driving course. I thought Pheasant Run was a great location! Centrally
located within the US, for the 25th anniversary. Practically equal
driving distance for all.

Messages in this topic (4)

10c. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

East coast has NEVER had a show, so that's slightly longer then your 6-8
year span.

Also, there are TONS of people on the east coast that Ken would like to
become more active.   I am sure he will consider something more west for
2010.

BTW:  DOA is having an event in Vegas next May.  I plan to try to attend,
and possibly have my car shipped out there.  Just cause its not in your neck
of the woods doesn't mean you cant partake.  ;)

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

  _____

[...]

    Posted by: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com cliff_schmucker
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Robert,

my sons and I just got back with our two trucks and trailers (mainly
full of DCS equipment) after finishing loading up today at noon

Ken is presently stuck on the side of I-65 with one of his trucks and
trailers - his other truck and trailer just made it back

one of the issues you have to consider is logistics - for Ken's
show's, there is a tremendous amount of equipment to transport - it is
simply not economically feasible to rent all the necessary items, and
have them delivered and set up by an exhibition company for a show
that is done on a shoe-string budget

this year was even worse because of the museum - those who saw the
quantity of display cases and computers, and noticed the amount of A/V
equipment know what I mean

this year, it was even necessary to rent a local storage building to
take equipment in multiple trips (there was not enough transport
capability that we could beg borrow or steal to do it in one trip)

it was also necessary for Ken to transport the 3-M giveaways and the
Raffle Car (fortunately we did not have to brings those items back!)

it _could_ be done with everything provided and setup by an expo
company, but this is not Comdex, and the admission cost would have to
go up an amount that would kill the show, as well as charging the
vendors a huge fee for the privilege of being there

there are also numerous organizational trips that have to be made
before a show site is even chosen and confirmed

thus, I suspect that DCS is probably going to stay in a certain radius
of Cincinnati, Ohio

there are other groups who do other shows in other parts of the
country/world if OH/TENN/IL/PA is too far to travel for your taste:

Eurofest just had their event in Ireland

DMC Houston does their event at their facility in Houston

if I recall correctly, DOA made an announcement Friday of a possible
show in 'Vegas

and there are others...

all of these show organizers also have to consider logistics: most
seem to keep their shows close to home - probably for the same reason
as DCS

there are a lot of people who travel from all over the country and the
world to attend the various Delorean shows

if you want something to change, take matters into your own hands and
do something constructive about it

if you want a show in your back yard, get active with your local clubs
and start volunteering lots ands lots of time

a lot of fine folks have been doing this for Ken's shows - I can
personally say after my first experience that it is a lot of fun, a
lot of work, but very satisfying - Delorean owners and fans are a
great group to work with, and very appreciative

Cliff

On Sun, 18 Jun 2006 05:33:25 -0000, you wrote:

>Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?
>
>I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting point. Cleveland had
>both vin 500, as well as De Lorean Cadillac, and some rare stainless
>clad cars in their museum. I can understand Memphis as a destination,
>and even Pigeon Forge, since it had attractions, as well as a great
>driving course. I thought Pheasant Run was a great location! Centrally
>located within the US, for the 25th anniversary. Practically equal
>driving distance for all.
>
>And now, Pensylvania?!? Seriously, WTF?!?
>
>We haven't had a major DeLorean car show on the West Coast in 6, going
>on 8 years now! Hell, even if it were to be in some place distant like
>Seattle, or San Francisco, let alone Las Vegas, or Phoenix, I'd be
>more than willing to attend. Hell, even CANADA would be a great place
>to go to! But why are these shows being kept almost entirely
>midwest/east-coast?
>
>There are obviously allot of car-clubs out there, and lots of
>DeLoreans that would attend a west-coast show, even if the attendance
>from east-coast people were to decline a bit. I'm sorry, but this just
>isn't right.
>
>I'm not going to criticize the specific city that this is being held
>in per se, but I am going to object that the show isn't being moved
>farther west next time around. Rather than go to another location that
>holds no interest for me, nor affords me the opprotunity to finally
>see some new faces that I've not previously seen, I wouldn't commit to
>attending. I feel some people have been robbed of the opprotunity to
>finally participate in one of these shows.
>
>-Robert
>vin 6585 "X"

Messages in this topic (4)

11a. What a Show!
    Posted by: "bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil" bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

DML'ers,

   If you didn't make it to Chicago you sure missed out on some quality "D" time. Ken & company did an outstanding job as they always do. Thanks Ken, for leaving all the attendee's with an abundance of great DeLorean memories.

It was a special show for me in that I had the honor of meeting Principal Stricklin (James Tolkan)and his wife Parmelee, at O'Hara airport and driving them to PR. What a great guy to get to know. He is one of those guys that after you talk to him for a few minutes it is like you have been friends for years. He went out of his way to accomodate my son and I with pictures, signatures as well as everybody who asked him. From what I can tell the principal has had a great time. I will know more after I take him back to the airport tomorrow butI think we will be seeing more of him in the shows ahead.

Thanks to Andy Lien for some great photo's of 11596. I hadn't seen the first DeLorean I ever owned for over 5 years and I was able, with Andy's help, to get 11546 (my current "D") with his 11596 for some reunion shots. Thanks to Stephany & Michael Colvinns, from Calgary, Alberta Canada for helping us with the car arrasngements and picture taking.

Proto One is looking better than ever. Bill Collins told us all how favorabley she stacks up now with how he remembers her in the past. Tony is to be complimented on restoring this very rare piece of DeLorean history and bringing her back to the DeLorean community. Thank's Tony for a job well done.

Bill
11546

"Plan for the worst, hope for the best,
 anything better than worst is to your advantage".

Messages in this topic (2)

11b. Re: What a Show!
    Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Bill:  I could not have said it better myself!

Although, my 14 hour drive back to NJ today was a living nightmare.  Not
because of traffic or car issues, but because I had that damn "looking back
at the future" song stuck in my head!  ;)

Awesome show.  I managed to take somewhere in the neighborhood of 2700
photos for Ken this weekend (Yeah...I was THAT guy with the camera
permanently attached to his hand).   I hope to have them available soon for
all of you.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

P.S.   IT WAS GREAT TO MEET ALL OF YOU IN PERSON!!!!  :)

  _____

    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Due to a few issues with my car, I have yet again not attended the DCS.
Somewhat related: is anyone showing off the new Auto Trans computer(s) at
DCS?  I remember at least two parties working on the concept, one of which
was hoping to unveil it at DCS '06.

--Greg

Messages in this topic (1)

13a. Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of speedome
    Posted by: "Joe OBrien" joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com joeyoseppijoe
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

I have a spare instrument cluster I was converting to a LED lighted
cluster.

I am about to install it, but what is holding me back is the upper
speedometer cable.

It is still attached to the back of the speedometer, no matter what, I
can't figure out how to remove this cable. I'm afraid I'm going to
break something if I forcefully pull it out. I just don't understand
what is holding it in the back of the speedometer. It can't possibly
be rust or corossion because I've tried vice grips, but still it does
not want to come out.

Does anyone know what the secret is to removing the upper speedo cable
from the speedometer?

Please, and help is appreciated, I'm stuck here.

Thanks,

-Joe

Messages in this topic (2)

13b. Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of spee
    Posted by: "dmcmike2002" billsfanmd_at_dml_verizon.net dmcmike2002
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:56 pm (PDT)

Joe,
I will do a bad job explaining but it is a "quick release" connection
from what i remember. You press the the end of the cable toward the
back of the cluster and then pull away on the cable. I am sure someone
else will explain it better... :-)

Mike C
2109

Messages in this topic (2)

14a. So...who won the raffle car???
    Posted by: "Toscano" toscano2_at_dml_ix.netcom.com
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:47 pm (PDT)

Title says it all, I can't find the answer on the DCS website...

Messages in this topic (2)

14b. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
    Posted by: "coreysmoo" coreysmoo_at_dml_hotmail.com coreysmoo
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:53 pm (PDT)

The winner was Marty Lich (Lick)? [Marty Lick of IL]

    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Hello DeLorean Owners,

WWW.Heningerandassociates.com is our DeLorean website consisting of upgrade parts we designed, developed and have installed over the past fifteen years.  Additionally, there are standard items acquired through purchased inventories, as well as, useful after market products.

We have priced these items to encourage the upkeep of DeLoreans and hope you find our website of interest.

Our web site is secure and your credit card data is encrypted.

Kindly let us know your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks,
Byrne

Byrne Heninger
heningerandassoc_at_dml_earthlink.net

Byrne Heninger
heningerandassoc_at_dml_earthlink.net

Messages in this topic (1)

16. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
    Posted by: "joekuchan" josephkuchan_at_dml_hotmail.com joekuchan
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Hi Ryan,

No, unfortunately the module does not detect lack of draw. I realize
that such a failure mode is possible, and it is posible to detect
that, but in the interests of lower cost, smaller size, and reduced
time to design (I wanted a product ready for DCS '06) I did not
include such a feature. If I find some time I'll see if I can come up
with a reasonable solution for that issue.

I believe that it is slightly more likely that a failure would be one
that results in an over current situation that will blow a fuse, as
opposed to one where the fan circuit is completely open. NBut having
said that, I agree that it would be a nice enhancement to build a
controller that can detect either kind of failure.

Best regards,
Joe

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Ryan Wright" <ryanpwright_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I have a question about the fan fail product:
>
> >  Joe Cool also handles the fan fail light in an intelligent manner. It
> >  has separate internal fuses for each fan circuit. If a defect in the
> >  fans or their wiring results in either or both of the internal fuses
> >  blowing, the fan fail light will be turned on.
>
> Is it capable of detecting a total lack of draw and lighting the fan
> fail lamp as well? One of my concerns about previous fan fail products
> was the very real possibility of a fan failing in a manner that does
> not blow the fuse. If the circuit were simply open, the fan module
> would just go on providing power and not inform the driver. I'd like
> to find a module that would additionally trigger the fan fail light if
> the draw on one or both fans drops below a reasonable threshold. I'm a
> little surprised that, given the number of fan fail alternatives that
> have been offered over the years, none of them have incorporated this
> feature.
>
> I'm hoping your module does; if so, I'll likely buy one.
>
> -Ryan

Messages in this topic (12)