From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 1:33 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3292

1. Strut Bracket Installation Guide
From: Todd Nelson

2. Left front fender at DCS...
From: timnagin

3. Re: woe is me - PR DeLorean meet
From: Chris Shepherd

4a. The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)
From: Steelwings

4b. Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)
From: Tom Tait

4c. Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue (Another Dave's Clarification)
From: Dave Stragand

4d. Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)
From: David Teitelbaum

5a. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Chuck McKnight

5b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Bernie

5c. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Shannon Yocom

5d. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

5e. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Marc Levy

5f. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Mike

5g. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of spee
From: Joe OBrien

7. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
From: turbodelorean

8. dcs
From: andy

9. Award/Parking Confusion -- was: (Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?)
From: Shannon Yocom

10. DeLorean strut bar
From: turbodelorean

11. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
From: Kevin Heller

12. Broke Down
From: Shannon Yocom

13. Late messages fixed
From: Dave Swingle

14. Re: YET another a/c thread!
From: John Hervey

15. farthest traveled award
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

16. DCS has come and gone
From: Justin Lambright

Messages

1. Strut Bracket Installation Guide
Posted by: "Todd Nelson" tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu todddmc12
Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:59 pm (PDT)

I just got through installing PJ Grady's super duty strut brackets, the installation was fairly involved so I spent a little extra time taking notes and pictures to make an installation article for others. In my searching I did not find anything out there that really explained the process (other than Rob himself), so I've made an article outlining the major steps in completing the installation. I've uploaded it to my little website here:

http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732/repairs/exterior/strut-studs/
or
http://tinyurl.com/mm957

If there's anyone out there that has done this before and wants to add anything let me know, I'd be more than happy to make changes. And if Dave wants to rip it off my site and put it on the DMCNews site, that's fine too.

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

Messages in this topic (1)

2. Left front fender at DCS...
Posted by: "timnagin" timnagin_at_dml_mindspring.com
Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:02 pm (PDT)

SOLD! Thank you!

Greg

    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:52 am (PDT)

I think I know who the vendor is. He's sent my parts to the wrong person. I've been waiting way to long for a refund on a core charge. I did get my part in time to attend an event I wanted to go to. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't.

Marvin <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com> wrote:
          My beloved DeLorean died. The eulogy will be given after the meet in Pheasant Run.

For 2 years I have anxiously awaited driving my, always dependable, super anally clean, beautiful and trustworthy '83 DeLorean to the Chicago show.

On checking the mechanics a few weeks ago, I discovered a small water pump leak. Being no mechanic, and rather than risk a problem en route, I ordered one from a usually very dependable supplier - who forgot to ship the water pump kit.

Messages in this topic (3)

4a. The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)
    Posted by: "Steelwings" steelwings_at_dml_comcast.net norust2001
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:57 am (PDT)

Sorry Dave, not exactly the answer I was looking for. Been on the list for a long time and purchased quite a few of those little pads. Obviously, they aren't doing the trick.  Let me clarify: WE seem to be the only ones that have this strange window cracking problem. Both the Delorean OEM as well as the aftermarket windshield appear to have this problem and I assume they come from different manufacturers. Is it due to the geometry of the glass or poor materials or both? I've never actually seen these cracks but I have heard the stories. Anyway, the underlying reason for my question is as
follows: I have an Auto-Dimming mirror that is just a bit too heavy for the pad.  As a rule, when I leave my car out in the sun for any extended length of time, I find the mirror hanging from its power cord. So I've been looking for a decent alternative. Unfortunately, I don't want to experiment too much.That could result in a new windshield. So, it's not really all that obvious and the $2 dollar fix just doesn't do the trick. (Yes, I did wipe the shoe and the glass with alcohol to remove any residue that might be on the glass.)  Thanks.

Steelwings

1559

   _____

    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:17 am (PDT)

Steelwings:

See my previous post (6/14) about how I solved the mounting for a similar mirror, more surface area for the mirror base/adhesive pad is the key.  I got good doublestick tape from Toby, but you could use 3M VHB (Very High Bond) as well.  My mirror has withstood parking in direct sunlight in Los angeles in 95 degree weather for half a day at a time with no sign of giving up yet.

Don S. has told me that the inner sheet of glass used for the laminate construction is significantly thinner than on most other windshields, making it weaker and more likely to crack.

Tom

10902

________________________________

From: Steelwings
Subject: [DML] The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)

 Sorry Dave, not exactly the answer I was looking for. Been on the list for a long time and purchased quite a few of those little pads. Obviously, they aren't doing the trick. Let me clarify: WE seem to be the only ones that have this strange window cracking problem. Both the Delorean OEM as well as the aftermarket windshield appear to have this problem

Messages in this topic (17)

4c. Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue (Another Dave's Clarification)
    Posted by: "Dave Stragand" dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net phaedrys
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:20 am (PDT)

I also have a rather heavy compass mirror in the Vixen.  The only thing that has worked is 3M Window-Weld urethane adhesive and a PLASTIC mirror button that is available from Pep Boys and the like.
The plastic button is larger and has small perforations that allow the adhesive to grip well into the button.  It is still hidden by the black pad painted on the windshield.  It holds extremely well, but you can get the mirror off if needed by giving it a really strong twist.

The 3M adhesive will never break the glass (it is windshield adhesive after all), although an 8' by three inch wooden tent pole jammed through your windshield will (long DCS story).  The mirror stayed on just fine though.

Messages in this topic (17)

4d. Re: The Rear View Mirror Issue (Dave Clarification)
    Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:20 am (PDT)

What you could try the next time before you glue the mirror directly to the windshield is the following:
Use the glue and primer and glue the pad to the mirror. Before gluing the pad trim it so it is a little larger than the actual size of the mounting pad of the mirror.
Now try attaching the mirror and pad to the windshield. I don't like the alcohol pads. I prefer to use the stuff right out of the bottle on a paper towel. I don't trust that the pad only contains alcohol, it can also have other things that can interfere with the glue. Before mounting the mirror use masking tape and make a "box" so when you put the mirror on the glass you can hit the spot right the first time. If the mirror is that much heavier than the OEM mirror it may just be too much for the glue pad. Maybe the 3M guy can offer a better suggestion.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Steelwings" <steelwings_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Sorry Dave, not exactly the answer I was looking for. Been on the
list for a
> long time and purchased quite a few of those little pads. Obviously, t

Messages in this topic (17)

5a. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com gullwingdoors
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:58 am (PDT)

I don't know about everyone else, but I couldn't be happier about the location for 08.  Just over an hour from my house!  :)

Chuck

therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:                           Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?

 I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting point.

Messages in this topic (11)

5b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:04 am (PDT)

I too agree, I helped seteup the show, though I was not involved in the logistics of making it happen, it looked like a nightmare for Ken.
 I tried to get a very special DeLorean to the show but the logistics made it impossible for me to make it happen.

I was there very early Friday morning to help setup the museaum and other displays, I can tell you this, a Tellis carrier is HEAVY.  Along  with about 35 display cases, etc.

Then I was volunteered by a Concours judge to judge non-Consours cars.
 I totally enjoyed judging the cars, along with the 3 other judges who needed a little education about judging DeLoerans, but not much.  I saw great cars and some cars that could be great if the owner decided to actually CLEAN them before judging (I'll post more on this later).
 It took us all day from 9am to 5pm to judge all cars.

But back to the point.  The DeLorean Car Show is our show.  If you want it to happen on the west coast, make it happen, that's about all it takes, make it happen.

Hell I'll drive my car(s) out there, clean it up there and have it judged.  I don't have garage queens and I drive my cars to shows.
Trailers are for cars that aren't registered, extremely special cars, and wimps.  That's my personal opionion, most of the winning cars at this show were driven to the show.  I am not talking about Concours, but I would like to see one driven to a show and win.

The DOA, of which I am a member, announced something in your neighborhood, Las Vegas, for next May I believe, I didn't pick up a copy of the magazine, as I should get it in the mail.

Sorry for rambling but I just got home from DCS.

Bernie

PS Don't forget to post your VIN pic to me.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Cliff Schmucker <cliff_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Robert,
>
> my sons and I just got back with our two trucks and trailers (mainly
> full of DCS equipment) after finishing loading up today at noon
>
> Ken is presently stuck on the side of I-65 with one of his trucks and
> trailers - his other truck and trailer just made it back
>
> one of the issues you have to consider is logistics - for Ken's
> show's, there is a tremendous amount of equipment to transport - it is
> simply not economically feasible to rent all the necessary items, and
> have them delivered and set up by an exhibition company for a show
> that is done on a shoe-string budget

Messages in this topic (11)

5c. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com ssdelorean
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:05 am (PDT)

Very well said Cliff!

A lot of people don't realize what it takes to put on a show. Ken has always said that this is "our show" and has asked for your (being everyone's) involvement. In the past Ken has had plenty of volunteers, but also plenty of people who fink out at the last minute. So it remains that 2% of the people do 100% of the work while the others are too busy putting "reserved" pieces of paper on the dinners tables over 3 hours before the actual dinner. (Sorry a little pet peeve of mine).

For the next show things are hopefully going to change. Thanks to Ken asking Randal Brown to head up a commitee to get the various DMC clubs to help run the show to take the load of of Ken & his family. Yes we need ideas but more importantly we need DOers, who will do more than just come up with ideas for the other 2% to do. If you have ideas and want to act on those ideas then bring them to the table. Start asking yourself "what can I do to help" instead of "what's in it for me".
(This is directed at no one individual, but to all DCS attenders) I'm sure you will be hearing more from Randal in future posts about DCS08 and club involvement.

And again, THANK YOU Cliff (and sons) for all of your work, spending your own money on gas, trailers, tolls) - transporting the museum, sound equipment, Randal's 3M goodies,  running the sound-video, & I'm sure more work that I am unaware of -  to make this show what it was.

Shannon Y

10d. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com cliff_schmucker
    Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)

Robert,

my sons and I just got back with our two trucks and trailers (mainly full of DCS equipment) after finishing loading up today at noon

Ken is presently stuck on the side of I-65 with one of his trucks and trailers - his other truck and trailer just made it back

one of the issues you have to consider is logistics - for Ken's show's, there is a tremendous amount of equipment to transport - it is simply not economically feasible to rent all the necessary items, and have them delivered and set up by an exhibition company for a show that is done on a shoe-string budget

Messages in this topic (11)

5d. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com" deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com waernstnj
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:12 am (PDT)

Let's just be glad Ken does it at all. He has to be able to do it an a logistically feasible way. Even the date is carefully chosen. Personally, it's a crummy date for me... I'm always incredibly busy in my business due to Father's  Day and graduations, so I haven't gotten to go since Cincy, and I arrived too  late to see JZD. :-(  It was easier for me to go to Eurofest a few years ago. I remarked, or rather, complained to Ken once, and he replied that he  was busy then too- his own daughter was graduating, but that was the format that seemed to work best. So ask him off-list if you must, but let's give the guy a  break and not get all bugged and try to start a groundswell of annoyance.
Many of us would be glad to get there wherever it is.

Wayne A.  Ernst
vin 11174
Bridgeton, NJ
(but I still  won't get to Gettysburg)

Messages in this topic (11)

5e. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:13 am (PDT)

The roots of DCS were based on the fact that the west
coast was serviced by the DOA.  I see they are having
a show in Vegas next year.

I also spoke to Ken M. who has been running large
shows on the west coast.

Every other year, there is a show in Houston.

DCS is the only game in town for those of us east of
the big river.

--- therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:

> Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?
>
> I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting
> point.

Messages in this topic (11)

5f. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com milesperhour79
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:18 am (PDT)

It might be due to the fact that DCS is based out of Mason, Ohio.  It's more cost-effective for the show and Ken to keep it "near" home.  I'm sure he (and family, assistants, etc.) make multiple trips to the shows location throughout the two years of planning.  If he had to travel to CA (or somewhere else out west), it would get very expensive since it could add an airfare cost.  I trust he makes the best judgment on location for everyone.

  Personally, I've only been to two shows so far (both without my D) and plan on attending them all from this point on.  I live in PA and would travel to Alaska if a show was held there. Maybe not with my car, but that doesn't prevent me from going.  It's all about getting together once every two years with fellow DeLorean enthusiasts and sharing a wonderful, fun-filled four days.  Thanks to all who went this year!!!

  Mike
  aka Spud ;-)

therealdmcvegas <dmcvegas_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:
  Umkay, I've got to ask a serious question here. Why?

I understood Cincinati, since it was a starting point. Cleveland had
both vin 500, as well as De Lorean Cadillac, and some rare stainless
clad cars in their museum. I can understand Memphis as a destination,
and even Pigeon Forge, since it had attractions, as well as a great
driving course. I thought Pheasant Run was a great location! Centrally
located within the US, for the 25th anniversary. Practically equal
driving distance for all.

Messages in this topic (11)

5g. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:25 am (PDT)

Robert brings up a Great point

I have tried to get others to put on shows out west to compliment DCS
As Cliff pointed out I cannot go too far because of transportation
It took 8 truckloads to do this show.

For those of you West of the Mississippi, I have said from the onset that I cannot and will not do a show west of the Mississippi, so I again will make that clear.

I have tried and offered to help with shows from two other local groups, Ken Montgomery in Northern CA and the DOA.

Show them you want a show and do it.... I will always be there to support.

Messages in this topic (11)

6. Re: Need help with upper speedometer cable removal from back of spee
    Posted by: "Joe OBrien" joeyoseppijoe_at_dml_yahoo.com joeyoseppijoe
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:01 am (PDT)

I should have clarified it better in my post. I can release the cable
housing from the cluster with the quick release tab no problem at all.

Just the actual cable that does the turning inside the housing is
stuck in the back of the speedometer. Nothing seems to want to budge
this cable from the back of the speedometer.

Really confused as I have removed instrument c;usters before and the
quick release usually releases the whole cable.

Now when I use the quick release on this one just the housing comes al
the way off, the damn cable is stuck, plus I don't need to use the
upper speedo cable, as mine is fine. Plus I've bent this one trying to
pull it out with extreme force, but I'm afraid something is going to
break, as I can't see what is holding just the cable this strongly
into the socket in the back of the speedometer.

I'm confused big time here, I've had this thing for a year and a half,
but have never been able to get the cable off of it to use it. I got
the entire cluster for a good price, and didn't want to spend the big
$$$$ for a new speedo just over this cable. I recently bought a trip
odometer rebuild kit for it, which brought me back to the darn cable
issue again.

Thanks for any help,

-Joe O'Brien

 --- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "dmcmike2002" <billsfanmd_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Joe,
> I will do a bad job explaining but it is a "quick release" connection
> from what i remember. You press the the end of the cable toward the
> back of the cluster and then pull away on the cable. I am sure someone
> else will explain it better... :-)
>
> Mike C
> 2109

Messages in this topic (3)

7. Re: A couple of exciting new products available at DCS 06 in Pheasan
    Posted by: "turbodelorean" dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com turbodelorean
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:04 am (PDT)

Chris,

I sent you an email. I didn't have more pics at that time but I will
send them tonight. Please confirm that you got my email, if you did
just reply back through email. Thanks!

Peter Kuchan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chris Shepherd <chrisau79_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I'd love to see it but I won't be coming to the show. Spent tooooo
much time in Chicago when I was USN. How about some pictures? Have a
great time at the show and be sure to let me know when it will be
available online.

>   Chris
>   06301
>
> turbodelorean <dmcfan_at_dml_...> wrote:
>           Yes Jake is right. It is a minimal loss in trunk height
at the bar
> but the performance you gain is worth it. I was still able to fit
my
> golf bag in there but I do not have a tournament bag which I doubt
> would fit even without the strut bar. Chris, please stop by our
> booth on Saturday and check it out.

Messages in this topic (13)

8. dcs
    Posted by: "andy" andyblackmon_at_dml_aol.com titaninum
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:05 am (PDT)

1500 mile round trip from Al. but a great time was had. Wife and I
back home safely, met lots of nice folks, good food, and some of the
worlds finest Deloreans. I like what some of you guys have done to the
cars, heck we had red, green (beautiful), yellow, black and one that
changed colors in the light. One with two engines and several just
like they came off the show room. Ken and his crew did a great job, if
I am not pushing up tulips I will be at the next show.

Andy blackmon 03513

Messages in this topic (2)

    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:09 am (PDT)

> 10b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
> Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
> Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:55 pm (PDT)
>
>>snip<<
>
> When they gave out the award last night for the greatest distance
> traveled there was some confusion, but someone did say "didn't someone
> trailer their car in from CA?"  Wow...  that's sad.

Tom, et al,

Since the Cleveland show my wife and I (along with other various volunteers) have
been involved in registering/parking of the cars for the Saturday shows. (Thank
you Mrs. Brandys and  Pactrick Conlon for helping us this year.) Here is my
wife's response regarding this years complications/confusions.

Shannon Y
16506

----

A quick explanation from my perspective - I am sooooo sorry!!!!

Saturday Morning, June 18, I was one of the two individuals working at the
outside judging registration table.  If you visited us that morning, you were
told by us not to worry about those categories such as "Farthest Traveled" or
"Youngest Driver."  We were unaware of the format change, and were not informed
that we were to be gathering that information.  In the past shows, these
categories were addressed at the awards dinner, utilizing a very informal "Can
anyone beat that?" method from the stage.  It was our assumption that this would
be the format again this year.  We really had no idea until that night at the
Awards Dinner that any change had been made.

Some names were taken at the table during the initial confusion of the parking
and registration changes that were going on.  It was later in the day we
concluded that the information we were gathering wouldn't assist in determining
the winners of categories that didn't involve judging of the cars.  At that point
we stopped collecting names.  Again, not suspecting any format changes from
previous years, I didn't bring to Ken's attention the fact that we had some names
listed, but not everyone who should have been considered.  The winners were taken
from the partial list.

Also, to pre-empt any questions, it is my understanding that any "official"
judging (for the mileage classes) was done according to VIN numbers listed via
the show registration process, so no one was missed if they did not come to the
judging registration table, with the exception of cars the judges did not have
access to.  However, for any additional classes or "fun" categories you would
have had to visit us and indicate your desire to be judged.  Announcements were
made (I am told I cannot say that I personally made or heard them) in our attempt
to inform everyone of this requirement.  I suspect there was some confusion
between the "show registration" and the "judging registration" I was involved
with.

I really am sorry for the way things turned out, and I wish I would have known a
few more details so this wouldn't have happened.  I certainly didn't want anyone
cheated out of a well-deserved trophy!  Rest assured that a BIG NOTE has been
made in the book of "What NOT To Do Next Time".

Please keep in mind that we were baking for hours in the morning sun accumulating
dust from the continuous parking traffic directly behind us while attempting to
do the best we could with the on-the-fly changes and other frustrations.  An open
apology to anyone who happened to catch me at a grumpy moment between 8:00am and
12:00pm.

Jenette

Messages in this topic (1)

10. DeLorean strut bar
    Posted by: "turbodelorean" dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com turbodelorean
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am (PDT)

For those who either saw my product, bought my product, or just heard
of my product, I am posting this to let you know that you can still
buy the strut bar through myself. I am accepting paypal payments at
this time. The bar will remain at the show price of $150 but shipping
must be added to the price. If you have any questions or comments on
my product please email me at dmcfan_at_dml_hotmail.com. Thanks and I look
forward to hearing from you.

Peter Kuchan

Messages in this topic (1)

11. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
    Posted by: "Kevin Heller" howdyhoho_at_dml_yahoo.com howdyhoho
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:10 am (PDT)

My DeLorean has the same sound. Always when
accelerating. It sounds almost like a chain rattling
across a gear (like when you neglect to lubricate your
bike chain for over a month... not that I know what
that's like.. =) or maybe a slightly worn bearing. I
don't have a metal heatshield in place, it's still the
original (and in need of replacement) so it's not
that. I've been under the car tightening things down
and found some hoses whose tie lines had snapped. I
relaced those and tightened the lines down, but the
sound still persists.

Kind of comforting knowing I'm not the only one with
this mystery sound, but also kind of worrisome that I
can't figure out what it is.

-Kevin

Messages in this topic (3)

12. Broke Down
    Posted by: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com ssdelorean
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:20 am (PDT)

Is there anyone on these lists near Knox, PA (exit #64) on I-80 that can help
Matt Summer (I believe that's how you spell his last name, from CT,) out. He ran
over a deer carcus... radiator crack leaking, stainless steel clutchline torn.
I've left messages for Dave Stragand & Dan Plakosh as those are the closest
people I know that are near Matt. I also gave Matt their numbers and Bauerle
Automotive in OH. I believe there is a shop nearby that can temporarily (yeah I
suck at spelling) repair his clutch line but don't know yet.

If you are near him, have spare parts and can help please reply to me so I can
get you in contact with him.

Thank you!

Shannon Y

Messages in this topic (1)

13. Late messages fixed
    Posted by: "Dave Swingle" swingle_at_dml_dmcnews.com daveswingle2
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:21 am (PDT)

You may have noticed that a few messages got delayed for a couple of
days - yahoo turned on an un-announced spa*mguard feature that started
holding certain messages in a different "bucket". I took a while before
we noticed it. The feature has been turned off since the list is
manually moderated anyway.

Dave S

Messages in this topic (1)

14. Re: YET another a/c thread!
    Posted by: "John Hervey" john_at_dml_specialtauto.com johnatspecialt
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:22 am (PDT)

Duke, You need to bring it up off idle to have the compressor turning fast
enough to bring the temp down.

From:at88mph
Subject: [DML] YET another a/c thread!

Welp,  I finally got the a/c installed today
The temp today in Mobile, Al  was roughly 85 degrees and
at idle, the gauges were reading 40 and 235.  However, at idle the best I could get it down to was around 68 degrees

Messages in this topic (4)

15. farthest traveled award
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:25 am (PDT)

In a message dated 6/18/06 11:55:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com writes:

> When they gave out the award last night for the greatest distance
> traveled there was some confusion, but someone did say "didn't someone
> trailer their car in from CA?" Wow... that's sad.

We made an error, Yes it does happen

there are two other people that also deserve this award
the one if from California and I did talk to him last night so if you are
reading this please contact me.  He was definately the farthest straight drive by
all means.
The longest acutual drive I think is Matt Olans who drove zig zag all over as
he hopped across the country so both will be awarded the trophy as well the
original recipient will keep his as well.  We are not perfect and it was an
oops

Messages in this topic (1)

16. DCS has come and gone
    Posted by: "Justin Lambright" jlambri4400_at_dml_yahoo.com jlambri4400
    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:32 am (PDT)

What can I say? I had a blast. The ppl were extremely nice. The D's looked gorgeous. The speakers were informative.

  I can't imagine topping this show, even though it was my first. On the other hand, I think the raffle tickets shouldn't have been sold to Delorean owners. I bought 4 tickets. and I guess I'll have to keep dreamin.

  To the guy who won it, "You already have 2! You only need 1!." lol I was happy to have met James Tolkan and Claudia Wells. They were very nice. I only wish I would've gone around to some of the ppl on this list and introduce myself.

  Let me know when the show and documentary both come out on dvd. I may not have won the raffle car, but I got 2 beautiful DCS glasses and a radical tennis racket bug zapper! I guess everyone's a winner.

  I can't stop talking to my buddies about the show. I actually might be considering into drivin to PA. Hopefully I'll have a Delorean by then. I just want to say thanks to everyone involved and anyone that I spoke with.

  It truly was a TIMELESS event. I can't wait for it to come back here again. I hope everyone had a safe trip home. I know my trip was safe, because I live only 15 min away from PR!!..lol I could never do that much driving like you guys did. Anybody remember the 21 yr old Cubs fan at the show w/the jersey? yup, that was me.

  OH and just an idea (I didnt do much brainstorming but since no one will step up) about future events, since its "OUR SHOW," how about a trivia game w/special guests playing. It would be like Jeopardy! w/Delorean & BTTF categories. Categories could range between John DeLorean's life, basic history of DMC, 1885-2015, ect.
  I don't know if it could work out but Ken has to be the host Alex Trebek, lol

  Later,.
  Justin

Messages in this topic (1)