From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 6:57 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3293

1a. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Kevin Abato

1b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Kevin Abato

Messages

1a. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:33 am (PDT)

The Mid-Atlantic Club is a huge and highly active club, but has a relatively low number of members who attend the national events. The success of the club is based on what you do for your events, and what you offer your members, and has little to do with where national events are held.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

_____

From: Tom Tait
Subject: RE: [DML] DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?

I went to the show with the assumption that they would announce Phoenix, Denver or Vegas maybe. I don't get it either, and I was disappointed.

Messages in this topic (13)

    Date: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:36 am (PDT)

Bernie: Point on cleaning....

1.  The hard water in the area made it difficult to keep cars clean (and the sprinklers running on Friday night while we slept covering our freshly cleaned cars with all the hard water made it worse) 2.  I (personally) did not know that "having your door open" means you want to be judged.  If I knew I was being judged, I would have cleaned my car MUCH more then I did.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

  _____

From: Bernie

I too agree, I helped seteup the show, though I was not involved in the logistics of making it happen, it looked like a nightmare for Ken.
I tried to get a very special DeLorean to the show but the logistics made it impossible for me to make it happen.

Then I was volunteered by a Concours judge to judge non-Consours cars.
I saw great cars and some cars that could be great if the owner decided to actually CLEAN them before judging (I'll post more on this later).

Messages in this topic (13)