From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:45 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3296

From: Kevin Abato

From: Bob Brandys

From: Robert Lingo

From: James Espey

From: IN2TIME

From: Mike Walsh

From: sweetp01569

From: Nathan Sobieralski

From: Mike

From: Chuck McKnight

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: Kevin Abato

From: Randal

From: Bernie

From: Kevin Abato

From: Bernie

From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

From: gullwingmag

From: dmc12rb

9. DCS Just Keeps Getting Better
From: Gary G

10. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
From: d_rex_2002

11. Re: DCS08
From: Bob Brandys

Messages

1. Re: DCS has come and gone
Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:21 am (PDT)

Expect to see a lot of fun stuff at 2008 courtesy of the DMA. ;) I plan to complete several games to make things interesting!

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

_____

    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:25 am (PDT)

Marc,

As with other classic cars, a lot of this depends on the honesty of the car owner, but other car owners and previous owners of the car in question also serve to validate the claims.

Bob

Messages in this topic (22)

3. Clunk, clunk, clunk
    Posted by: "Robert Lingo" rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com lingolor
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:27 am (PDT)

Hi yall, been awhile since I've posted on here.  Just been reading...  Now I have a question that I hope/know somebody will have a good answer for.

I have a five speed manual tranny. vin #2034

I was wondering what symptoms would arise from removing and replaceing the differential adjustment nut on the transmission?  I think I might have put it back on to tight regardless of measures I took to put it back on  the same number of turns it took to get off...  I really screwed this up I think.  Is there a way of determining the correct adjustment, or will I just have to adjust with the 'trail and error' method?  I might have waited to late to make adjustments because I noticed a 'luncking'  noise when I would 'coast' down the road.  The sound is'nt there when accelerating or braking, just coasting or rolling slow.

I've already been under the car, checked all bolts (tight), bell houseing bolts (tight), brakes (tight), muffeler (tight), nothing appears out of the ordinary.  The transmission shifts fine in all phases of driving, fluids are topped off.  Might it be the grease has seeped out of one of the axle boots and the clunking is coming from one of the CV joints (is that the correct term? CV joint?)?

Could somebody drop me a line if you have time and might know where to start looking or adjusting?

Thank you.\
Lingo

Messages in this topic (1)

4a. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "James Espey" james_at_dml_delorean.com dmchelp
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:31 am (PDT)

That's something we've discussed for the DMC Reunion Show in Houston next summer.

James Espey
DMC (Texas)
http://www.delorean.com

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Adam Lee" <delorean852003_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I do not know if this one would be possible but I heard some good
> feedback at the show when I asked a few Delorean owners. In addition
> to the raffle car, what about selling raffle tickets to win a refurb
> of your own car from the vendor of your choice? (or whatever vendor
> might sponsor) I would have loved to win the raffle car car but would
> really enjoyed and purchased more tickets if I were getting my own car
> refurbished. Of course a minimum ticket buy in. If enough tickets were
> not purchased how about a prize or prizes that might equal around what
> is in the ticket pot? (DMCH Exhaust, modified engine etc) Is this
> possible? Anyone like this idea?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam Lee
> VIN #1913

Messages in this topic (5)

4b. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "IN2TIME" Specialty_at_dml_IN2TIME.com xynext
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:32 am (PDT)

*       From Adam Lee
> .what about selling raffle tickets to win a refurb of your own car from
[a] vendor .

I like the idea, but I don't think it would be realistic if Ken was also
raffling a car.  Ken relies on the funds from the Raffle Car and the General
Raffle tickets to break even and have then necessary funds to secure the
next location. IMHO A significant option like winning a refurb would cut
into the Raffle Car ticket sales.

Gary

IN2TIME

Messages in this topic (5)

4c. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "Mike Walsh" mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net ronin5030
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:04 am (PDT)

About a 2nd raffle - how about a 50/50 draw with the winner getting a
credit from a sponsoring vendor? That way there is nothing to bring to
the next show to give away. Not everyone can come up with the 50.00 for
a raffle car, but for a couple of bucks it should be within everyone's
budget.

Mike Walsh
#17084

what about selling raffle tickets to win a refurb of your own car from
> [a] vendor .
>

> I like the idea, but I don't think it would be realistic if Ken was
also
> raffling a car.  Ken relies on the funds from the Raffle Car

Messages in this topic (5)

5a. Re: Clutch Line Bleeding
    Posted by: "sweetp01569" paul.sweet_at_dml_fmglobal.com sweetp01569
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:32 am (PDT)

Thanks David,  Actually, I changed the clutch line last year with
the SS version, and also refilled and bled the system with new
Castrol GTLMA fluid at that time.  I will simply re-bleed the line
again to make sure no air is in there.

Thanks again,

Paul

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> The best thing to do would be to flush and bleed the clutch system.
> The system should be flushed every 2 years anyway so you might as
well do it.

Messages in this topic (4)

5b. Re: Clutch Line Bleeding
    Posted by: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com valleyrat12
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:35 am (PDT)

I would bleed the line just to be safe.

Nathan
2277

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "sweetp01569" <paul.sweet_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Last week, I noticed that my clutch seemed to be engaging gears
closer to the floor as I released my pedal.  I checked my clutch fluid reservoir to find out that it was empty.  I filled it, then
noticed a puddle forming under the car.

Messages in this topic (4)

6a. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com milesperhour79
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 am (PDT)

If I remember correctly, I reserved a room for the PR show  a few weeks after the PF show.  Since I didn't get a confirmation # (at least I can't remember getting one), I called every few months just to make sure I was still on the list.  Of course, that's just me.

  Anyway, if I wasn't able to make it to the show for whatever reason, the room could've been cancelled up until the Tuesday before (since I came in on Wed.).  No charges - no nothing.  I actually didn't realize that reserving early actually helps the show, but I'm glad to hear it does.  So, we all need to do our part and call the hotel.  Even if your only 1% sure you'll be able to make it, get the room now.  It doesn't hurt anyone and will only help as was already stated.

  In my opinion, the ridiculous factor comes in to play when we start seeing multiple emails and posts a few weeks before the show because someone doesn't have a room.  It's our show, so let's make it our Resort! :-)  http://www.eisenhower.com/

  Can't wait til' '08!

  Mike

kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
  I have had a lot of people e-mail me on how ridiculous it is to make a
reservation out two years for a show and why I do this when other shows do not.

Well I try to get you the best rates. If you compared what you paid at PR
for hotel rooms vs what the corvette people paid for the same rooms I think it
will become obvious.

Messages in this topic (7)

6b. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com gullwingdoors
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:05 am (PDT)

Ken, I love the idea for club competitions!  But you do realize of course that DMCMD is going to crush all the other opponents.  ;)

  Chuck

kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
          Here is a thought
I would like to see club competitions and I have a ton of ideas for that
non club owners would be grouped together so they can participate.

Its your show
help me help you

Messages in this topic (7)

6c. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:21 am (PDT)

So the competition is on !!!  Right ???

Messages in this topic (7)

6d. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:48 pm (PDT)

I don't think we should be pitting clubs against each other.  Let the
community come together and be friendly.

Kevin Abato
VIn# 16680

  _____

From:Chuck McKnight
Subject: Re: [DML] Gettysburg questions recieved
Ken, I love the idea for club competitions! But you do realize of course that DMCMD is going to crush all the other opponents. ;)

kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.  com wrote:
Here is a thought I would like to see club competitions and I have a ton of ideas for that non club owners would be grouped together so they can participate.

Its your show help me help you

Ken

Messages in this topic (7)

6e. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "Randal" azman3us_at_dml_yahoo.com azman3us
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:49 pm (PDT)

Be careful here,  you still have to contend with the AZ-D !!!

Randal

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_...>
wrote:

> Ken, I love the idea for club competitions!  But you do realize of
course that DMCMD is going to crush all the other opponents.  ;)

>   Chuck
>
> kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:
>           Here is a thought
> I would like to see club competitions and I have a ton of ideas for
that
> non club owners would be grouped together so they can participate.
>
> Its your show
> help me help you
>
> Ken

Messages in this topic (7)

6f. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:30 pm (PDT)

And this coming from a non-owner.  Maybe in two years I'll let him
drive 6704 to the show.  I plan on having both cars there.  Did you
notice that 4 DMCMD owners won awards at PR?

And I just made my room reservation.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:

> So the competition is on !!!  Right ???

Messages in this topic (7)

7. DCS06 Photos - Thursday
    Posted by: "Kevin Abato" delorean_at_dml_abato.net iguanajade
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:03 am (PDT)

I have finished my photo set from Thursday and have posted
to my personal site that I use for my professional photography.
http://www.grenexmedia.com/events/index.htm

More photos to come shortly (as time permits me to edit them).

Please note that like all other photos on my professional media site, these
shots are copyrighted and may not be used in any way without my direct
permission. (Sorry...but many people want to use them, and I need to
discuss terms first before releasing photos). Please feel free however to
browse my other work if you desire.

Thank you.

Kevin Abato
Vin# 16680

Messages in this topic (4)

8a. Re: DCS judging of cars
    Posted by: "Bernie" bmanderville_at_dml_comcast.net bmdmc
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:32 am (PDT)

I can't remember every car we judged there were so many.  Basically
what we were looking for was the following:

1.  Fit and finish of the body, dents did count, dust and rain spots
didn't. Panel and fascia alignment.  Major scratches counted, paint
flaking off fascias also got a ding.  And if the car was painted
condition of the paint.

2.  Interior, wear, fit and finish, we saw lots of A pillers that had
seperated from the body.  Dirty carpets got a ding too.  Rusty
interior parts also got a ding.  Check your seat rails and seat belt
attachment points.  Vacumme the carpets and apply some conditioner to
your vinyl and leather.  Cracked dashes and binnacles also got dinged.

3.  Engine, cleanliness of the engine compartment, rust, clean your
engines and get the oil off of them.

4.   Undercarrage, huge globs of dirt, greasy just bascially nasty got
a ding, and dirty wheels were a pet peeve of one of the judges, at
least wipe down the wheels.  Original tires were a plus but didn't
necessarily add to a score.

5.  Overall, the 4 judges overall impression of the car.  Very
subjective, a car could get a higher score here than in all of the
previous categories.

I must say that there were some absolutley gorgeous DeLoreans there,
those that took the time to clean up the car and get it ready for
showing scored higher than those that didn't.  Some of the cars we
judged could be concours cars, but would lose because of modifications
that were made.  I would like to suggest a Best of Show award for
those non-modified cars not entered in the Concours.  If this was a
category, we would have been back out judging probably right up to
award time, for the cars that really impressed us.

We did not judge for any of the special category awards, we just
judged the car, special electronics etc., did not count against you,
neither did they add to the score.

I will say this, I did not judge some cars as the car was known to me
from working on it or knowing the owner.  My car was the very last car
judged, I did not have time to detail it during the judging as most
everyone else did.  While mine was being judged I took 5 minutes to
hit up the vendors to get some parts.

Bernie

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, kKoncelik_at_dml_... wrote:

> I usually don't give out the sheets since its more of an informal
judging and
> it is time consuming but if you call me maybe I can help.
> i do not have the sheets back yet so give me at least a week
>
> also Bernie if you are out there can you answer this as you were a judge
> ken

Messages in this topic (7)

8b. Re: DCS judging of cars
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:33 pm (PDT)

One problem with awards is you need to fill out the forms so we can know you
are there
i actually know the person since I sold him the car.
but his name did not get down at registration

these things we will work on

Messages in this topic (7)

8c. Re: DCS judging of cars
    Posted by: "gullwingmag" gullwing-magazine_at_dml_sbcglobal.net gullwingmag
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:39 pm (PDT)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Bernie" <bmanderville_at_dml_...> wrote:

Cracked dashes and binnacles also got dinged.

I even saw the judges pull dash mats out of cars looking for cracks.
Thought that was a bit excessive myself.

Ron

Messages in this topic (7)

8d. Re: DCS judging of cars
    Posted by: "dmc12rb" rbrogren_at_dml_aol.com dmc12rb
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:57 pm (PDT)

A first class show! I have been involved with a number of corporate
shows/conventions in the past and all I can say is that Ken must be a
magician to do this without a full time staff of at least 10!

This was my first DCS and just as Terry did, I entered my car in the
standard judging class (40-50,000 miles). I did it primarily for fun,
but also to find out what I would have to do to make it better -- and
darn near fell off my chair when they announced that my car had taken
2nd in class!!!
I KNOW it wasn't in Concourse condition by a long shot, but my
apetite is wetted and I certainly would like to find out if I can get
a copy of the judges report as a starting point.

(I just tried to make my hotel reservation for Gettisburg 08, but the
reservation office is evidently (hopefully?) swamped!)

Roger
VIN 1074

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "cupsdmc" <cupsdmc_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I had entered my car in the standard judging class (0-10,000 mi) at
DCS
> and was wondering if anyone knew how I could get the judging sheets
for
> my car.  This is the first show that I have ever been a participant
in
> and I don't know what the judges look for.  It would be a great
help to
> me, if I new what I was graded on.
>
> Terry
> 11572

Messages in this topic (7)

9. DCS Just Keeps Getting Better
    Posted by: "Gary G" DmcGman_at_dml_comcast.net dmcgman
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:45 pm (PDT)

  Well I rolled into home late last night.  A few owners and myself
extended this great event and made stops at some places in Chicago
and Ohio the past couple days.  The Chicago Musuem of Science and
Industry  was really impressive.  Had a blast at Cedar Point as
well.  Some of  us are  still recovering from one ride LOL.  Nothing
like traveling with other Deloreans and seeing the reaction of
people along the way.

 I would like to also post a positive note to Ken for yet another
job well done.  This is the fourth DCS I have been to and Ken
manages to keep coming up with new things to make the events
even more memorable.  Personally, I was really impresed with the
size of the museum and its content, and the amount of work that went
into it.  I saw Matt Sommer working feverishly to set it all up, and
of course there were many more contributors to it.  I wish I had
more time during the show to spend looking at all the exhibits and
documents.  There were of course many other great things about the
show, as always, but the museum was really cool!

 It is always great to see the many friends made over the years, at
these and other events.  This event, the people, and the experiences
are what Delorean ownership is all about.  Kudos to Ken!

Gary Gore

Messages in this topic (1)

10. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
    Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:51 pm (PDT)

I would just like to add a few things regarding Marty Lick winning
the 2006 Raffle DeLorean.  Although everything that Marty had
mentioned is true, he neglected to add some of the "bad stuff"
that can happen when owning a 20+ year old car.

Marty has had a challenging two years with his DeLorean, on a
technical/mechanical level, including a replacement of the
automatic transmission and several other system replacements,
including one preventing participation in the St. Pat's Parade
in 2005, even though he had been staging/waiting with the group
for hours prior to the start.  When the parade started, his car
did not and although we tried several things and delayed our
start, we had to eventually leave Marty and his DeLorean behind.

As Marty mentioned, this past few months have been much better
for him, including "getting back on the horse" and participating
in the St. Pat's Day Parade again this year and getting some air
time for himself, his DeLorean and our local DeLorean club.

Congrats again to Marty and a big thanks to all the members of
the DeLorean Midwest Connection club for all their efforts to
help make DCS 2006 the biggest and best DCS to date.  While I
agree with Randall Brown that more club participation can make
the show even better, I think his choice of words in his speech
about how clubs need to START helping out Ken was a poor choice
of words.  From the the Friday Tour, to Registration assistance,
to the helpful sheets for local car washes, parts stores, etc.
to the Early DeLorean Seminar on Thursday and the Chicago Cruise
on Sunday, the local DMC club DID make the difference in 2006.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and to all who helped out.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "mlick27" <mlick27_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Some of you know me and some of you don't.  I'm Marty, and I won the
> raffle car at the DeLorean Car Show.  I'd just like to give those of
> you who don't know me a little background.  I've been on the DML
since
> 1998.  I've mostly  been a lurker with only a few posts mostly
because
> I'm usually a few days behind in reading it, and by the time I have
> anything to say, so many other knowledgable folks have chimed in.
I'm
> not a much of an auto-tech type person so a lot of the discussion
goes
> over my head.  I've been active with the DeLorean Midwest Connection
> for a few years.  Folks like Dave Swingle, Rich W, Marty Meier, Jim
> Reeve, and many others have helped me numerous times with so many
> items on my car.  I've gained confidence and knowledge through them
> and this list.
>
> snip <

Messages in this topic (4)

11. Re: DCS08
    Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:31 pm (PDT)

Ken,

We need to have an award for the most aftermarket / optioned car.
This would mean that this person bought some type of fan thing, AC
thing, door poppers, tire valves,  rims,  side stripings, ski rack,
lowering kit,  black out head light covers, drink holder, etc.

This info  can be collected on the car registration form like it is
done at other car shows.   The most interesting is the 69 camaro option
list.  It is up to 538 stock items.

This will help all the vendors sell their stuff and make for some great
cars.

Bob

PS is BTTF stuff and option?

Messages in this topic (4)