From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 2:45 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3298

1a. 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: Marvin

1b. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: Parts Pit Mike

1c. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

2a. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

2b. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
From: Marc Levy

3a. Re: Cold FART problem
From: John Hervey

3b. Re: Cold FART problem
From: deloreanernst_at_dml_aol.com

3c. Re: Cold FART problem
From: David Teitelbaum

4. Re: DCS judging of cars PS
From: lordshill_at_dml_aol.com

5. www.delorean.ie has been updated!
From: John Dore

6. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
From: Steve Stankiewicz

7. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com

8. Re: Vixen Motor Homes
From: Marc Levy

9. DCS 2008: raffle
From: Marc Levy

10. DCS Registration
From: Flavia

11. Lighted Fuses
From: John Hervey

12. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
From: Nathan Sobieralski

13. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
From: Shannon Yocom

14. Re: Disassembling the rear hub
From: Jake Kamphoefner

15. Extended convex mirrors are almost gone!
From: Tom Niemczewski

Messages

1a. 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "Marvin" marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com marvinstein40
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 am (PDT)

# 17077 is alive! It's fixed! HURRAY!!!!!

I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday cruise to Niagara Falls, Ontario ( 2 hours and 12 minutes - if no pit stops). (no registration fee, no judging, but a great free goodies bag)

The weekend would not conflict with the DMC Houston open house.

Feedback?

Marv.
# 17077
marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com

Messages in this topic (3)

1b. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "Parts Pit Mike" thepartspit_at_dml_rogers.com partspitmike2000
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:31 pm (PDT)

17076 will meet you in Niagara Falls.

Parts Pit Mike

Marvin <marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com> wrote:

I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday cruise to Niagara Falls, OntarioFeedback?

Messages in this topic (3)

1c. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "lordshill_at_dml_aol.com" lordshill_at_dml_aol.com lordshill1
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:35 pm (PDT)

Marv.. I live south of Buffalo by about 45 miles. The Falls would be a great backdrop for Deloreans..Count me in.

Roy 0893

marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com writes:

I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday cruise to Niagara Falls, Ontario

Messages in this topic (3)

2a. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:18 am (PDT)

I was thinking like tug of war that kinda stuff go cart racing where each club runs some heats and determines its best driver and the winner of each club goes into a final heat.
people with no club affiliates would be put in the owners with no affiliates group.
A way for you to cheer your co owners and have some fun with the other groups this is just an idea and I hope someone will run with it and make it a reality

Messages in this topic (14)

2b. Re: Gettysburg questions recieved
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:27 pm (PDT)

As I scratch my head and wonder why there is a separate MD club at all.. <shrug>

--- Chuck McKnight <gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> It would just be friendly competition. (We'll still beat everyone)
> But we'll do it, err, friendishly.
> (Is that a word?????)

Messages in this topic (14)

3a. Re: Cold FART problem
Posted by: "John Hervey" john_at_dml_specialtauto.com johnatspecialt
Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:19 am (PDT)

Wayne,
Either warm up regulator with incorrect pressure causing a build up of gas
in the system or catalytic converter stopped up.
I have a tester I can loan for the warm up to test with, but I don't have a
tester for the cat.

    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:31 pm (PDT)

In a message dated 6/21/2006 2:20:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
john_at_dml_specialtauto.com writes:

Either  warm up regulator with incorrect pressure causing a build up of gas
in the  system or catalytic converter stopped up.
I have a tester I can loan for  the warm up to test with, but I don't have a
tester for the  cat.

Hi John-
I doubt it's the warm up regulator, since it's less than a year old.
However, I haven't replaced all my vacuum lines yet. Some are a little hard to
reach. Could that be an issue?

Wayne A.  Ernst
vin 11174
Bridgeton, NJ

Messages in this topic (5)

3c. Re: Cold FART problem
    Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:39 pm (PDT)

Make sure the frequency valve and the Lambda system are functioning.
These symptoms sound like what happens when you come off the cold
start valve and the warm-up regulator starts to control idle. At that
point if the Lambda isn't working the engine runs too lean, won't take
the gas, runs rough, and has no power. It can also be a bad warm-up
regulator so first make sure the frequency valve is buzzing. If the
valve is not buzzing check the fuses and the Lambda relay. If the
valve does buzz you probably need a warm-up regulator aka control
pressure regulator.

    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:21 am (PDT)

Ken.. AMEN!
Roy
0893

In a message dated 6/21/2006 12:38:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com writes:

By the way I just want to take time out to Say Thank you Bernie for Judging
I could not have had a better guy to do it so thank you very  much.

ken

Messages in this topic (2)

5. www.delorean.ie has been updated!
    Posted by: "John Dore" dmcjohn_at_dml_hotmail.com dmcjohn
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:23 am (PDT)

Hi all,

Just to let you know that the frame restoration log of my DeLorean
has been updated on our website - http://www.delorean.ie

This is a big update, 23 pages of text and 260 pictures, so I hope
you find it interesting! Overall from start to finish, the
restoration is detailed over about 25 pages and about 350 photos, so
I hope it gives a good idea to someone who has not done this job
before what is involved in it.

The website will get further updates over the next week, such as
Eurofest 2006 writeup and other stuff!

To find the restoration, goto http://www.delorean.ie and then click
on Technical Section > Restoration Logs. Choose John Dore's Frame
restoration, and then click on part 4 for the latest update.

I've also added Paul Jenkins and PJ Kennedy's DeLoreans to the Owners
page!

Let me know what you think!

Messages in this topic (1)

6. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "Steve Stankiewicz" protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com protodelorean
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:23 am (PDT)

Maybe put the numbers picked up on the projection
screens.  (Simple excel spreadsheet)  Shade them out
as their claimed.  Just a thought.

Steve

--- Craig fleishauer <flyswater0_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>  This was my first car show. I was very impressed
> with  the cars that attended. The only suggestion
> that I wold make was that  the raffle tickets
> wouldn't take up so much time at the end of the
> show. One of the people at my table suggested that
> tickets could be  pulled all at once and have a
> table for people to come up to claim  their prize.
> Then we could have more time with the vendors and
> check  out the cars.

Messages in this topic (8)

7. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
    Posted by: "KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com" KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com downeykiwi
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:25 am (PDT)

Maybe our De Loreans are needed to re-enact Picketts Charge...

Messages in this topic (25)

8. Re: Vixen Motor Homes
    Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:28 pm (PDT)

I see it has an Auto transmission.  Anyone know what
box it used?

Also Dave, Bill Collins asked me if you named your car
"project Vixen" as a tribute to him....  Did you?

--- Dave Stragand <dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net>
wrote:

> (Corrected links below)
>

> The Vixen motorhome is really a fantastic vehicle.
> We happened to
>
> stumble across one at Hershey in 2004:
>
><SNIP>

Messages in this topic (3)

9. DCS 2008: raffle
    Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:29 pm (PDT)

I just spoke to Ken about this last night.

My suggestion was to have the raffle on Friday night.
The main reason is, Saturday dinner has gone too late
the last 3 shows.  People want to get an early start
on the drive home Sunday morning.

Another reason is I think we will get better prizes.
The vendors can get on stage Friday night and talk
about the products they have donated to the raffle,
and oh by the way, "You can buy this item at the
product fair tomorrow if you don't win it".  This was
the vendors can get more promotion for their products
and are more likely to donate better stuff.

Ken seemed to like the idea.

--- Craig fleishauer <flyswater0_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>  This was my first car show. I was very impressed
> with  the cars that attended. The only suggestion
> that I wold make was that  the raffle tickets
> wouldn't take up so much time at the end of the
> show. One of the people at my table suggested that
> tickets could be  pulled all at once and have a
> table for people to come up to claim  their prize.
> Then we could have more time with the vendors and
> check  out the cars.

Messages in this topic (8)

10. DCS Registration
    Posted by: "Flavia" frvianna_at_dml_yahoo.com frvianna
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:29 pm (PDT)

Most of you might know that I was helping with the show registration.
I've been working on it at home for months and there were wonderful
people who helped at the show. I think evrything was as efficient as
possible and it was a smooth process, but it would be great to hear
from you.
I'll probably be helping again with registration in 2008, but I think
it would be better for everyone if we heard some feedback on your
registration experience. Anyone, care to share?
Feel free to email me off list and/or Ken.

Thanks and hope to see you all in Gettysburg!

Flavia

Messages in this topic (2)

11. Lighted Fuses
    Posted by: "John Hervey" john_at_dml_specialtauto.com johnatspecialt
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:30 pm (PDT)

Group, If your intrested in fuses that light up when blown, then I
have them on the web site under electrical. Neat Idea the fuse company
came up with.
John Hervey
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/electrical.html

Messages in this topic (1)

12. Re: Annoying rattling sound, help!
    Posted by: "Nathan Sobieralski" valleyrat12_at_dml_yahoo.com valleyrat12
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:32 pm (PDT)

Mine broke right off. I am going to use the hose clamp solution.
FYI, if you intend on completely eliminating the sound you will need
to break the bolt off (or tighten it if you are lucky) so that you
can remove the washer. On my car the washer was the primary source
of the rattle noise. Once I broke the bolt and removed the washer
only a little of the shield rattle is audible.

Nathan

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Dave Swingle" <swingle_at_dml_...> wrote:

> The bolts are on top of the crossover pipe (reach with a wrench)

Messages in this topic (10)

13. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
    Posted by: "Shannon Yocom" ssdelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com ssdelorean
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:35 pm (PDT)

Not that my feelings were hurt but since it's been brought up... there has always been a number of [ plug - plug ;-) ] DeLorean Club of Ohio members/non-members (www.ohiodeloreans.com) who've been helping since the beginning or near to it. Just ask Ken, Josh, Richard, Cliff, etc.

Dave & Julee did an excellent job with the driving tour CD. Reminds me of Mike & Patti's Cleveland tour.

How about:   Clubs that haven't helped need to START and those that have helped need to START helping more! :-)

Shannon Y
16506

----------------------

10. Re: So...who won the raffle car???
    Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
    Date: Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:51 pm (PDT)

>snip<

  While I
agree with Randall Brown that more club participation can make
the show even better, I think his choice of words in his speech
about how clubs need to START helping out Ken was a poor choice
of words.  From the the Friday Tour, to Registration assistance,
to the helpful sheets for local car washes, parts stores, etc.
to the Early DeLorean Seminar on Thursday and the Chicago Cruise
on Sunday, the local DMC club DID make the difference in 2006.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and to all who helped out.

Messages in this topic (5)

14. Re: Disassembling the rear hub
    Posted by: "Jake Kamphoefner" jakekamp_at_dml_sbcglobal.net jakekamp
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:37 pm (PDT)

  Definitely don't beat on it.  You risk damaging a potentially unavailable part.

  Unfortunately, this really requires a press to do it correctly.  After the snap ring is removed and you've got the carrier on a bench, you must press the axle out the bottom (inward) side of the carrier, and then flip the carrier over and press the bearing out the opposite direction.  Once you've done that, you can make a tool to assist you in putting the new bearing in by using the outer race of the old bearing.  Be sure you understand where to press on the new bearing before you try to install it.  If you press on the inner race, you'll destroy a brand new bearing in a hurry.

  Before you do anything, though, talk to Don Steger out at DeLorean Motor Center.  I've heard he is working on a shim kit to prevent the DeLorean bearing clunk that is rather common.

  Jake Kamphoefner
  1063

Matt Spittle <matthew.spittle_at_dml_gmail.com> wrote:
  Does anyone have some instructions on disassembling the rear hub? In
particular, removing the driveshaft and wheel bearing from the rear
hub carrier? I've removed the wheel-bearing-snap-ring, but I don't
want to start pounding on it aimlessly with a hammer.

thanks,

Messages in this topic (2)

15. Extended convex mirrors are almost gone!
    Posted by: "Tom Niemczewski" tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl Tomciodmc
    Date: Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:38 pm (PDT)

Hello everyone

Just wanted to let everyone know that the Extended Convex mirrors are almost
gone. I only have five (5) sets left at the moment. If someone is thinking
about getting them I suggest that it's time to get them now. They have been
selling very good lately. Once they are gone the next batch will not be
produced until I get enough new orders in...

Greetings from Poland!

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 5225'17.30"N 21 1'58.00"E