From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2006 4:02 PM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3299

1a. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: Mike Walsh

1b. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: rickmichaels

1c. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
From: vin2450

2. DCS06
From: DMCVIN6683

3. More Club Participation (was: So...who won the raffle car?)
From: d_rex_2002

4. Re: DCS Registration
From: d_rex_2002

5a. Re: DCS 2008: raffle
From: Soma576_at_dml_aol.com

5b. Re: DCS 2008: raffle
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

6. Re: www.delorean.ie has been updated!
From: Todd Nelson

7. Concourse the good & the bad
From: byrondelorean

8a. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

8b. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
From: Mike

9. Question about a/c and hot water valve
From: at88mph

10a. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com

10b. Re: DCS-08 in Gettysburg, PA? Why?
From: Mike

11. Fantastic Millennium Concours at DCS'06
From: ksgrimsr

12. News Coverage
From: tuxr

13. Second chance on Vin plates
From: bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil

14. Aerosmith's "Dream On" & JZD
From: Christian Jarzab

15. Greasiest Hands Award DCS 2006
From: Jeremy Popp

16. Re: Clunk, clunk, clunk
From: Robert Lingo

17. Downriver Cruise Michigan 06/24/06
From: Lawrence Lormand

18. Pheasant Run 2006
From: Scott Mueller

19. Mirrors are sold out!!
From: Tom Niemczewski

20. Brake MC rebuild kit..
From: Marc Levy

Messages

1a. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "Mike Walsh" mike_at_dml_mikewalsh.net ronin5030
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:23 pm (PDT)

I'm in, I could even walk there!

Mike Walsh
#17084
Niagara Falls, Ont!!

> marv_at_dml_printeddrinkware.com writes:
>
> I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and
> shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday
> cruise to Niagara Falls, Ontario

Messages in this topic (6)

1b. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "rickmichaels" rickmichaels_at_dml_yahoo.com rickmichaels
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:38 pm (PDT)

Marv,
Niagara falls would be a great weekend trip to meet up with the D's. I hope to be able to make it next summer!

Glad to hear you got your car running again!

Rick
Ferndale, MI

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_...> wrote:
> I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and
shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday cruise to Niagara Falls, Ontario

Messages in this topic (6)

1c. Re: 2007 DMC meet with cruise to Niagara Falls.
Posted by: "vin2450" svw_coco_at_dml_hotmail.com vin2450
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:58 pm (PDT)

Marv, count me in with Vin 2450 from Ottawa. I will keep an eye out
for your posts.

Stephane
Ottawa, ON

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Marvin" <marv_at_dml_...> wrote:
> I'm thinking about a June or July, 2007 DeLorean cruise, show and
shine (maybe Friday), Saturday in London, Ontario, with a Sunday
cruise to Niagara Falls

Messages in this topic (6)

2. DCS06
Posted by: "DMCVIN6683" dmcvin6683_at_dml_wi.rr.com snextime
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:24 pm (PDT)

The DCS06 show was the best one yet. The cars the people and the fun
made the show the best.

I even got Tony from DMCF doing Karaoke singing "Wanted Dead Or Alive"
and then him and James from DMCH doing a Duet to "only The Good Die
Young". Glad i got that on DVD. Talk about being at the right place at
the right time.

Looking forward to DCS08 and i am reserving my room tonight.

I can see it now..... Date 5-24-08.... Ken there are no rooms left, i
need a room.

RESERVE IT NOW IT DOESNT COST ANYTHING!

Eisenhower Hotel and Resort
1-800-776-8349
DCS-08
June 12th (Thursday) thru June 14th (Saturday) 2008

Messages in this topic (2)

3. More Club Participation (was: So...who won the raffle car?)
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:25 pm (PDT)

Well said, Shannon. For those who have put a lot of effort
into DCS, past and present, it was hard to listen to the use
of START helping in that context. I'm not sure if it was a
lack of sleep or some feelings hurt, but it did not sit well.

I knew it was more than just me cringing during those words,
but I'm sure the intention was to motivate the other clubs.

Again, a big thanks to everyone who helped make the DCS 2006
event a huge success and a very fitting tribute to JZD.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Shannon Yocom <ssdelorean_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Not that my feelings were hurt but since it's been brought up...
there has always been a number of [ plug - plug ;-) ] DeLorean Club
of Ohio members/non-members (www.ohiodeloreans.com) who've been
helping since the beginning or near to it. Just ask Ken, Josh,
Richard, Cliff, etc.

> Dave & Julee did an excellent job with the driving tour CD.
Reminds me of Mike & Patti's Cleveland tour.

> How about: Clubs that haven't helped need to START and those
that have helped need to START helping more! :-)

> Shannon Y
> 16506

Messages in this topic (6)

4. Re: DCS Registration
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:27 pm (PDT)

Although I will send most of my comments off-list, I will post
a few of the comments on-list, as a sample.

Overall, I think registration went well, but there are a few
things that could help make it easier and better in the future.

I know there were specific reasons to do things the way we did
at DCS 2006, but I think it would be very helpful to be able to
have registration in one location for the entire event. If we
sell out the entire hotel for 2008, this may not be a problem
and it would certainly make things less complicated and less
work to not have to re-locate registration on different days.

And, for those who collect convention tags as keepsakes, can
we get more full ink cartridges to print out people's names on
the name tags? (LOL) If its not in the budget, we can fill them
in with a Sharpie before laminating them. (again, maybe just me)

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Most of you might know that I was helping with the show
registration.
> I've been working on it at home for months and there were wonderful
> people who helped at the show. I think evrything was as efficient as
> possible and it was a smooth process, but it would be great to hear
> from you.

Messages in this topic (3)

5a. Re: DCS 2008: raffle
Posted by: "Soma576_at_dml_aol.com" Soma576_at_dml_aol.com soma576
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:28 pm (PDT)

IMHO, Friday night would be fine for the raffle, or on Sat we could still
have the raffle but with better and fewer raffle prizes. I understand the need
for everyone to like to win something, but when you have this much stuff,
most of it non-DeLorean related, it gets kind of boring.

Andy

In a message dated 6/21/2006 4:29:20 P.M. Central Standard Time,
malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com writes:

Another reason is I think we will get better prizes.
The vendors can get on stage Friday night and talk
about the products they have donated to the raffle,
and oh by the way, "You can buy this item at the
product fair tomorrow if you don't win it". This was
the vendors can get more promotion for their products
and are more likely to donate better stuff.

Ken seemed to like the idea.

Fargo, ND
1982 DeLorean DMC12 VIN 11596

Messages in this topic (12)

5b. Re: DCS 2008: raffle
Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:34 pm (PDT)

Remember you guys its your show
I will go at it my way until someone steps up and takes it but if you take
it follow it through and don't dump it back on me later. That happens a lot
in all the shows but I am willing to give up stuff and to change.

Messages in this topic (12)

6. Re: www.delorean.ie has been updated!
Posted by: "Todd Nelson" tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu todddmc12
Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:30 pm (PDT)

John:

The restoration looks great, it's good to know there will be at least a few
DeLorean's on the road for many years to come. If you don't mind me asking,
how much did all of this cost!? I can sympathize with you when it comes to
the epoxy removal, I was just doing that not too long ago to my car, not
fun. I have a bit of a rust problem and am looking into long-term
solutions. For now I've taken the POR-15 road, but I think I may need to do
something more drastic in the near future, Vermont is not nice to mild
steel, even if you store it through the entire winter. I'm wondering how
galvanizing would compare to doing a stainless frame (from the cost
standpoint) and never worrying about it again. The stainless frame is the
obvious absolute solution, but there's something about that price tag that
turns me off.

The way I see it people with frame rust problems have a few possibilities...

- Do spot repairs and try not to use the car in terrible weather (my
approach so far).
- Remove the body, completely strip the epoxy and coat with a paint such as
POR-15, Eastwood Encapsulator, or powder coating.
- The same as above but galvanize.
- Buy a NOS frame (are they avail.?) with no rust and baby it.
- Buy a stainless frame (after taking out a mortgage, or signing away your
first-born child). OK, maybe they're not THAT expensive.

I've owned my car for over a year now and love it, it's pretty much at the
point where everything else is in top shape, except the frame. But I am
still "ahead of the curve" enough to justify buying a stainless frame and
not be throwing my money away. But I may find that given the very limited
use my car sees, I could get away with spot repairs for several years. Time
will tell...

You know that frame rust has taken over your life when you consider
canceling your appointment to get a state inspection because there is a
chance for rain that day. Still deciding if I'm going to "risk" it
tomorrow :-)

Congratulations on a job (very) well done,

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:32 pm (PDT)

I started out thinking that my cars were pretty well prepped, just a
few wipes and I should be o.K. I wanted to help out Ken and others
with setting up and tearing down the show so bad. I asked Ken when I
arrived what I could do. He said, "you brought two cars to the
concourse, concentrate on them". He was right, I cleaned and cleaned
and cleaned. Friday night after cleaning all day, I decided to
leave, Sandor said "where are you going' the shows tomorrow, are you
sure your going to have time to finish?" I thought about it, sat
back down opened an Amstel Light and worked with cuetips on the rims
for 2 hours more. Unfortunately, I spent very little time checking
things out that were going on all around me. I was so focussed on
cleaning. The lighting in Dupage revealed everything, the fans above
were blowing layers of dust onto the cars, every time I walked away
and came back, I had to wipe the car down again. Literally 16 or
more hours cleaning when ordinarily an hour or two at most  at home.
The experience was great the 3rd place win of course was an enormous
fun feeling, the bad was missing out on the fun and wanting to help
during the day.

Keep that in mind when you enter a concourse. Prepare as much as you
can prior to th event, never rely on the weather. COVER your car
when not in use.

Byron

Messages in this topic (1)

8a. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com" kKoncelik_at_dml_aol.com kkoncelik
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:33 pm (PDT)

problem is getting the tickets sold.
If we do it before dinner it does not work and we collect tickets then  go.
its at the end of the evening and a lot of people enjoy watching the  numbers
get pulled.
most people liked how we did do the raffle and its free stuff so  people like
to win.
Memphis was drawn out with small stuff at the end and about 2/3 stayed and
wanted to continue.
We may do a few things different but remember we don't know what we get
until that night.
usually right up to the raffle

ken

Messages in this topic (12)

8b. Re: Idea for DCS 2008
    Posted by: "Mike" milesperhour79_at_dml_yahoo.com milesperhour79
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:39 pm (PDT)

I like that idea.  One main screen show the video of the actual prize, second one can show the ticket number and prize.  All you need is a dedicated typer!

  Mike

Steve Stankiewicz <protodelorean_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:
          Maybe put the numbers picked up on the projection
screens. (Simple excel spreadsheet) Shade them out
as their claimed. Just a thought.

Steve

--- Craig fleishauer <flyswater0_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> This was my first car show. I was very impressed
> with the cars that attended. The only suggestion
> that I wold make was that the raffle tickets
> wouldn't take up so much time at the end of the
> show. One of the people at my table suggested that
> tickets could be pulled all at once and have a
> table for people to come up to claim their prize.
> Then we could have more time with the vendors and
> check out the cars.

Messages in this topic (12)

9. Question about a/c and hot water valve
    Posted by: "at88mph" at88mph_at_dml_comcast.net at88mph_1999
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:34 pm (PDT)

Welp, I took the D to the a/c shop and they couldn't really figure out why it wasn't cooling correctly (guages showed EXACTLY what they should be according to the manual and the fans were both working and pulling the heat away) however, the best the car could do was 59 degrees sitting at idle.  They went to looking and found out that I don't have a hot water valve at all.  Its completely gone.  They said that putting the valve in place, or putting a cut off valve in its place would more than likey resolve the issue.  Does this sound right?

Thanks again for any help!
 ._,___

Messages in this topic (1)

    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:35 pm (PDT)

In a message dated 6/21/2006 1:21:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mikeatk_at_dml_cox.net writes:

To be  fair how about breaking it into three regions nation wide. Rotate so
there is  one show per region. East, Midwest and west. Just a  thought

If you have ever heard me I have been trying to do that for YEARS.

Messages in this topic (27)

    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:40 pm (PDT)

Hmm...as long as we all had those whitewalls from Part III, it could be possible.... :-)  Oh wait and another frame, etc......

KiwiDean_at_dml_aol.com wrote:
          Maybe our De Loreans are needed to re-enact Picketts Charge...

Messages in this topic (27)

11. Fantastic Millennium Concours at DCS'06
    Posted by: "ksgrimsr" knut.s.grimsrud_at_dml_intel.com ksgrimsr
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:36 pm (PDT)

I have been on the road and didn't have a chance to post earlier.

I wanted to drop the group a note and tell everyone how impressed I
was with the concours. This concours was the biggest Millennium
Concours to date, and the cars that competed in the event set a new
bar that will be tough to match in the future. The quality of the
cars was so high that it was criminal to only issue three awards --
this is driving changes to the program that will be implemented for
the next time around.

We had 7 exceptional cars in the lineup, and for the first time we
have two cars provided by one competitor. Two of the competing cars
had VIN numbers that were only 38 cars apart and were likely
manufactured on the same day. 6 of the 7 cars were manufactured
within a month and a half of each other.

The concours awards went to:

First place: Dan Deutsch
Second Place: Robert Bowman
Third Place: Byron Cancelmo

Congratulations to all our competitors for their fantastic cars and
my thanks for all their effort in preparing/presenting their cars at
the show. Also, my thanks to the judging team and scorekeepers (a
total staff of 16) as well as to the premier DeLorean service
providers that sponsors and financed the event (P.J. Grady, DMC-
Houston, DeLorean Motor Center, DMC-Florida).

If you're interested in more event details or have interest in
participating at the next show (DMC Open House next year), let me
know. I'll post more details on the program changes we're
introducing when I get more of the details ironed out -- I think the
DMC community will like the changes we have planned which will be
much better suited to a larger set of competitors like we enjoyed
this time around.

   Knut

Messages in this topic (1)

12. News Coverage
    Posted by: "tuxr" tuxdarby_at_dml_msn.com tuxr
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:36 pm (PDT)

Anybody have any links to various news reports on the Delorean
gathering last weekend.  I saw one about Corvettes and Deloreans, but
there had to be more than that.

Messages in this topic (1)

13. Second chance on Vin plates
    Posted by: "bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil" bill.schafer_at_dml_us.army.mil
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:36 pm (PDT)

DML'ers,

   If you didn't order vin plates for DCS 2006 you may have a second chance to do so. There was an owner at our table who passed on ordering the vin plates the first time around and really liked the way the Vin plates came out. I mentioned this to Ken Koncelik and he is willing to make a plate for him for the original $10.00 fee. I don't know how many blanks Ken has but if you like the Vin Plates and still want one Ken maybe able to help you out.

Bill
Vin 11546

"Plan for the worst, hope for the best,
anything better than worst is to your advantage".

Messages in this topic (1)

14. Aerosmith's "Dream On" & JZD
    Posted by: "Christian Jarzab" ccjarzab_at_dml_yahoo.com ccjarzab
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:37 pm (PDT)

I've heard this song thousands of times on the radio over the last 3
decades or so and now (when listening to it today) I can't help but
remember that awsome slide show from DCS.   I think from now on I'll
always associate that song with JZD.  Funny how a song can stir up
such emotion.

BTY it was great finally meeting alot of you at the show last week!
I'm proud to be affiliated with such a great group of people.
PS - Great job Ken!

Regards,
Christian Jarzab
VIN 1510
AZ-D

Messages in this topic (1)

15. Greasiest Hands Award DCS 2006
    Posted by: "Jeremy Popp" trentjus_at_dml_yahoo.com trentjus
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:39 pm (PDT)

I won this award at DCS in chicago last week.  I wanted to publicly
thank Dave Bauerle for his help in getting me this award.  I had clutch
problems in the extreme heat in Chicago.  I installed a new Slave and
Master Cylinder within the past few months but still had the original
clutch line (which never gave me problems before - but ive never driven
in that kind of heat before)  Anyways, PJ Grady supplied the SS clutch
line and Dave graciously helped me install it during the show outside
under the tent on Saturday.  It was pretty hot but we got it installed
and I made it home with ease on Sunday.  Thanks again Dave!
Jeremy Popp
vin 01495

Messages in this topic (1)

16. Re: Clunk, clunk, clunk
    Posted by: "Robert Lingo" rlingo_at_dml_midsouth.rr.com lingolor
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:57 pm (PDT)

Thank you David,
Although I would have preferred other news that what you told me, lol.  This car is my daily driver and has been running flawlessly since my engine rebuild last year.  I shoulda did more research on that trans leak before I replaced the O-ring however.  I learned after the fact, you don't need to remove the adjustment nut to fix the leak.  Well, I still have the leak and now a transmsmission that's about to be ruined.  I guess my next step is to try to locate somebody locally (Memphis, TN) that is brave enough or good enough to tackle this problem.
How much money do you think I would have to shell out to get this fixed?  Verses finding a new/used tansmission... and would a local shop even be able to fix this problem?

Lingo #2034

    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:59 pm (PDT)

Hey all, It's that time the first cruise was Gratiot crusie which we
missed because we went to the DCS ( I was informed there were 3
Deloreans there) and had a great time Made new friends & New old
remade friends, So this Saturday the 24th is the Downriver Cruise Up &
down Fort Street, Lets get our Deloreans out there & get this town up
on our Cars, there are plenty of spots for parking & places to get
food & drink, Lets make this one just as it's the WOODWARD CRUISE.
Lawrence

Messages in this topic (1)

18. Pheasant Run 2006
    Posted by: "Scott Mueller" scott.a.mueller_at_dml_mchsi.com scottmueller002981
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:00 pm (PDT)

The Pheasant Run Show was great.

Ken and all who helped did a fantastic job.

My family and I are already looking forward to Gettysburg in 2008.

I can't wait to see what suprises Ken has for us in 2008.

The Concours cars were the best I have seen over the past 5 years.

My family really enjoyed watching the BTTF documentary in the Theater.

The DMC museum had lots of interesting historical items and I hope to see more of them at future shows.

The extended tour at FERMI Lab was interesting.

I left the tour wanting more.

I hope to see all of you in Houston for the 2007 show.

Scott Mueller

Messages in this topic (1)

19. Mirrors are sold out!!
    Posted by: "Tom Niemczewski" tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl Tomciodmc
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:01 pm (PDT)

Hello everyone

The Extended Convex DeLorean mirrors are gone as of now. I just received an order for the last two sets. I have one set spoken for but not yet paid... it's for Rod.
I will now be taking orders for a new batch of mirrors. There will be a deposit of at least $20 required, or you can just go ahead and transfer the full amount. The production will start when I receive at least 10 new orders. I accept PayPal or Western Union money transfer.
Please contact me directly if you are interested in a new set of Extended Convex Mirrors.
BTW, we can produce extended convex mirrors for other cars as well not just the DeLorean. Contact me for details.

Tom Niemczewski
vin 6149 (in Poland!)
Google earth: 52°25'17.30"N 21° 1'58.00"E
tomciodmc_at_dml_poczta.onet.pl
www.deloreana.com

Messages in this topic (1)

20. Brake MC rebuild kit..
    Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
    Date: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:01 pm (PDT)

Anyone know of a brake Master Cylinder rebuild kit?

Messages in this topic (1)