From: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, June 24, 2006 2:52 AM
To: dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com
Subject: [DML] Digest Number 3302

1a. Delorean Exploded view poster.
From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club

1b. Re: Delorean Exploded view poster.
From: delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net

1c. Delorean Exploded view poster.
From: Marc Levy

2a. Re: BTTF BBQ Video
From: Bob Brandys

2b. Re: BTTF BBQ Video
From: Bob Brandys

3. Re: Second chance on Vin plates from Ken
From: Hank

4a. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
From: Marc Levy

4b. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
From: conundrum1984

4c. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
From: Chuck McKnight

5. John De Lorean's Book
From: Nicholas Jedrzejewski

6. Re: DCS Registration
From: d_rex_2002

7. Re: Trouble shifting into first gear
From: David Teitelbaum

8. Re: Vixen Motor Homes
From: Dave Stragand

9. Re: Under Body to Frame Bolts........
From: Todd Nelson

10a. No Start
From: heylacy

10b. Re: No Start
From: Tom Tait

11. Re: rooms at Gettysburg (not bad)
From: Cliff Schmucker

12. Cross Section of a DeLorean door
From: Bob Brandys

Messages

1a. Delorean Exploded view poster.
Posted by: "Delorean Mid-Altantic Club" clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com dmaclubevents
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:28 am (PDT)

The DMA is now selling the popular Delorean Explodaview Poster 33" x 23"
poster for the LOW LOW LOW price of only $25 (plus $5 Shipping and Handling) You can not get these cheaper anyplace else. It is a DMA exclusive offer!
The poster can be seen here on one of our E-bay auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DeLorean-Explodaview-Poster-33-x-23_W0QQitemZ6639388299Q
QcategoryZ14045QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

These posters are awesome to hang in your home/office/garage and show a great exploded view of the car. We had them for sale as DCS and many were sold to happy buyers.

If you are interested in buying one direct from the DMA, please e-mail your interest to DMA-Officers_at_dml_yahoogroups.com or you can purchase via the e-bay auction.

Thank You
DMA Club Officers

Messages in this topic (3)

1b. Re: Delorean Exploded view poster.
Posted by: "delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net" delorean12_at_dml_comcast.net
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm (PDT)

DMA Club Officers
If we buy them direct, can we use PayPal?

Thanks,

Jay

From: Delorean Mid-Altantic Club <clubevents_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com>

> The DMA is now selling the popular Delorean Explodaview Poster 33" x
> 23" poster for the LOW LOW LOW price of only $25 (plus $5 Shipping and
> Handling)

Messages in this topic (3)

1c. Delorean Exploded view poster.
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:16 pm (PDT)

Yes, You can use PayPal to
membership_at_dml_deloreanmidatlantic.com

The cost of the poster is $25, plus $5 for shipping.

Messages in this topic (3)

2a. Re: BTTF BBQ Video
Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:28 am (PDT)

The Video Pod Cast of the BTTF BBQ Video is now posted on the web.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUu4CZX4JU8

Bob

Messages in this topic (2)

2b. Re: BTTF BBQ Video
Posted by: "Bob Brandys" BobB_at_dml_safety-epa.com bob6351
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 pm (PDT)

Here is a high res version of the video.

http://www.branmuffinindustries.com/DeloreanMacMini/Podcast/B16B5CC4-
F074-4C69-8FF5-C53FE20C549C.html

Bob

Messages in this topic (2)

3. Re: Second chance on Vin plates from Ken
Posted by: "Hank" heskin_at_dml_gmail.com henryhank
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:29 am (PDT)

Ken, what about offering VIN plates for PF, Memphis, and Cleveland?
They are really nice items, and I think I'm not the only one who would order a full set with my VIN for the shows I've attended. Just an idea.

-Hank

Messages in this topic (2)

4a. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
Posted by: "Marc Levy" malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com malevy_nj
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:30 am (PDT)

The DMA has always been open to running events anywhere our members want them. Members are invited (and encouraged) to run events. Many past event locations are a result of where the officers live, and we have not had too many members offer to run events.

Considering the DMA has always been open to suggestion on anything, it seemed strange to me that it would be necessary to create a specific MD group. I have no particular problem with it, and look forward to attending events in MD.. just still wonder why there needs to be a new group designated for a small area.

Our summer event is in Milton, PA. The event is being run by Mark S, who is a member of the DMA and DOA.
Therefore, both clubs have been invited. We will also be going to Das Awkscht Fescht in Macungie PA.

Some details have been posted to the DMA mailing list, and will be on the DMA website soon. Our webmaster has been busy processing photos from DCS.

... Remember, this thread got started on a discussion of "club competition" (something I am not in favor of). From the comments made, it seemed to me that DMCMD considered themselves a club.

DMA will continue to serve the best interest of it's members, and all DeLorean owners/enthusiasts.

--- conundrum1984 <jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com> wrote:

> That pretty much sums it up. A lot of DMA get togethers are in NJ or
> NY. I don't have much time to get that far. DCS I was lucky.
> Now if the DMA summer tour or anything is in PA, I'll try to make it
> and join the club. I'm not picking on anyone because I'm in DMCMD.
> That's just how it is for me.
>
> Matt
> VIN: 2953

Messages in this topic (6)

4b. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
Posted by: "conundrum1984" jeepno1_397_at_dml_hotmail.com conundrum1984
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:11 pm (PDT)

I don't like the idea of "club competition." I will try my best to
make it to the event in PA. Keep me posted or I'll keep an eye on
the DMA website.

Can't wait to see everyone again!

Matt
VIN: 2953

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_...> wrote:

> The DMA has always been open to running events
> anywhere our members want them. Members are invited
> (and encouraged) to run events. Many past event
> locations are a result of where the officers live, and
> we have not had too many members offer to run events.
>
> Considering the DMA has always been open to suggestion
> on anything, it seemed strange to me that it would be
> necessary to create a specific MD group. I have no
> particular problem with it, and look forward to
> attending events in MD..
> ... Remember, this thread got started on a discussion
> of "club competition" (something I am not in favor
> of). From the comments made, it seemed to me that
> DMCMD considered themselves a club.
>
> DMA will continue to serve the best interest of it's
> members, and all DeLorean owners/enthusiasts.

Messages in this topic (6)

4c. Re: DMCMD Maryland Club
Posted by: "Chuck McKnight" gullwingdoors_at_dml_yahoo.com gullwingdoors
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:15 pm (PDT)

Whether or not we could be called an official "club" is debatable. But I think we are close enough to being one to be counted as a separate group for the competition.

Reasons for us bein separate from the DMA?

1. Location - as allready mentioned, most of the Maryland guys are not able to attend most of the DMA outings.

2. Informality - no fees, no "official meetings", anyone can suggest or set up any meeting or tech session whenever they want and whoever feels like it can attend.

3. More personal - because we are a smaller group, we can get to know everyone easier.

4. Why not? - I see no reason we shouldn't be a sepperate group.

That help clear it up some?

Chuck McKnigt

Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_yahoo.com> wrote: The DMA has always been open to running events
anywhere our members want them. Members are invited
(and encouraged) to run events. Many past event
locations are a result of where the officers live, and
we have not had too many members offer to run events.

Considering the DMA has always been open to suggestion
on anything, it seemed strange to me that it would be
necessary to create a specific MD group. I have no
particular problem with it, and look forward to
attending events in MD.. just still wonder why there
needs to be a new group designated for a small area.

Messages in this topic (6)

5. John De Lorean's Book
Posted by: "Nicholas Jedrzejewski" Nick_at_dml_jedrzejewski.plus.com nicholas_jedrzejewski
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:31 am (PDT)

Has anyone here read it?

I have it but havent started it yet.
Nick

Messages in this topic (1)

6. Re: DCS Registration
Posted by: "d_rex_2002" rich_at_dml_outernet-tech.net d_rex_2002
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:06 pm (PDT)

Hi Flavia,

Just for sake of discussion, I did pre-register but I did it the old
fashion way (snail mail on paper copy). With the show being local
to me this year, I had to wait to find out the soccer, t-ball and
little league schedules before I could register my nephews, so my
registration was delayed until May. I'll try to get registration in
earlier next time and hope for the best.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Flavia" <frvianna_at_dml_...> wrote:

> Hi Rich,
>
> Thanks for the feedback. Even though none of the people who wrote to
> me privately mention anything about the print quality of the badges,
> during the show some people were asking me if I could provide a
> higher quality print. So I'll let everyone know why the pre
> registered badges looked better than the ones I printed on the day of
> the show, but the differences were only obvious if you looked
closely.
> snip <

Messages in this topic (5)

7. Re: Trouble shifting into first gear
Posted by: "David Teitelbaum" jtrealty_at_dml_optonline.net jtrealtywebspannet
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:09 pm (PDT)

It is possible the rubber bushings in the ends of the shifter linkage
where the bolts go are worn out or missing. A shifter fork may be
loose on a shaft. You could have play in the C/V joints. The pinion
adjustment could be very loose. It is just too hard to say with any
certainty where to start. Lift the car and do a thourgh visual
inspection shaking things as you go looking for signs of looseness or
shiny spots or dirt that is out-of-place. Check the trailing arm bolts
and frame bolts. Don't just look for the obvious. On one car stuff was
sliding around in the trunk and it made an awful clunk when taking
tight turns. Actually it was stuff in the area in front of the trunk
where the jack kit went. A P.O. must have thought it was a good place
to stick extra stuff! On one car the power antennae moved. Noises are
notoriously hard to track down. Another thing I found once on a car
was a broken front,left motor mount. That could cause a clunk. Check
the level in the transmision. A low level can cause hard shifting and
maybe your clunk too.

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, "Derek" <derek.grozio_at_dml_...> wrote:

> My problem:
>
> Sometimes when I go to shift the car into first it makes a clunk
noise and I can feel the
> feedback on the shifter like something is hitting it. It doesn't
make any kind of grinding
> noise. I first thought this was the sign of a old plastic clutch
line. Went ahead and ordered a
> new master slave and stainless line kit. Replaced the master (which
had begun to leak the
> slightest bit in the car) and the stainless line. Held off on the s

Messages in this topic (2)

8. Re: Vixen Motor Homes
Posted by: "Dave Stragand" dave.stragand_at_dml_forwardlook.net phaedrys
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:10 pm (PDT)

I believe the gasoline-powered version used the same PRV/UN1 combo as
our cars.

The 'Vixen' name was purely a coincidence. I picked it more because of
a review I had read of the DMC calling it "The Little Silver Fox".

-Dave

--- In dmcnews_at_dml_yahoogroups.com, Marc Levy <malevy_nj_at_dml_...> wrote:

> I see it has an Auto transmission. Anyone know what
> box it used?
>
> Also Dave, Bill Collins asked me if you named your car
> "project Vixen" as a tribute to him.... Did you?

Messages in this topic (4)

9. Re: Under Body to Frame Bolts........
Posted by: "Todd Nelson" tan5732_at_dml_rit.edu todddmc12
Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:11 pm (PDT)

Mike:

23 Lb. Ft. It's in the workshop manual. It's funny, I just did this last
night :-)

Todd Nelson
1561, Vermont
http://www.rit.edu/~tan5732

    Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:11 pm (PDT)

Hi, Fuel pump runs when jumped at 30-87. But engine won't start. Good
rpm relay. Good voltage at resisters. Plenty of gas. Changed out coil.
Now once in a while it will start right up as if nothing is wrong and
runs like new. Lately it just does't start. Any help in what to look
into next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Messages in this topic (6)

10b. Re: No Start
    Posted by: "Tom Tait" TTait_at_dml_BRCWEB.com thomasttait
    Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:17 pm (PDT)

I had the same symptoms with a major vacuum leak, mine was at the cold
start tube.  Occasionally it started fine, usually it was a bear.

________________________________

From: heylacy
Subject: [DML] No Start

Hi, Fuel pump runs when jumped at 30-87. But engine won't start. Good
rpm relay. Good voltage at resisters. Plenty of gas. Changed out coil.
Now once in a while it will start right up as if nothing is wrong and
runs like new. Lately it just does't start. Any help in what to look
into next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Messages in this topic (6)

11. Re: rooms at Gettysburg (not bad)
    Posted by: "Cliff Schmucker" cliff_at_dml_deloreanproject.com cliff_schmucker
    Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:12 pm (PDT)

I just booked my rooms for DCS 2008, and as of a few minutes ago there
is only one King poolside non-smoking room left!

seriously, book your room NOW - they will not charge anything on your
card until June 2008, and you can cancel up to 48 hours ahead of time
- this is a no-brainer

and, reserving rooms early and fast gives Ken a lot of negotiating
power to get extras for us

Cliff

On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 21:47:27 EDT, Ken wrote:

>Well so far you guys have signed up for 70 rooms and that translated into
>135 people so far.
>Almost half way there to filling up one place.

Messages in this topic (3)

    Date: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:14 pm (PDT)

Does anyone have a verticle cross section drawing of a door?

Bob

Messages in this topic (4)